Boston Celtics Schedule Among League’s Most Difficult

+2
wide clyde
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Boston Celtics Schedule Among League’s Most Difficult Empty Boston Celtics Schedule Among League’s Most Difficult

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:41 am

https://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-east/atlantic/boston-celtics/boston-celtics-schedule-among-leagues-most-difficult/

Boston Celtics Schedule Among League’s Most Difficult

The 2015-16 NBA regular season schedule was released earlier this week and the Boston Celtics have one of the most difficult schedules in terms of rest and travel miles of any team in the league.

It’s important to note when looking at these things that the league plays a balanced schedule and is unlike football where some teams won’t play the same opponents. In the NBA, sometimes its not as important who you are playing, but rather when the game occurs.

ESPN.com’s Bradford Doolittle took an in depth look at the new schedule by team earlier this week and ranked them on various factors.

The league worked hard to reduce the amount of back-to-back games in the 2015-16 schedule with a focus on eliminating as many four games in five nights stretches as possible.

The Celtics have 19 back-to-backs on the schedule which is one fewer than the league-high of 20 which is shared by five teams. Among those 19 back-to-backs are just four instances where they come as a pair of road games which is tied for the least in the league.

According to Doolittle, Boston will play just 15 games this season where they will have more rest than their opponent which ranks them last in the league. Additionally, the Celtics will travel 49,585 miles this season which is the fifth most in the league and the most of any Eastern Conference team. That total includes the December 3 game that will be played in Mexico City against the Sacramento Kings.

Boston’s longest home stand will be from February 25 through March 4 and will include five games. The Celtics will have a pair of five game road trips which will have them traveling back and forth across the country.

The first begins on November 29 when Boston hits the road for a back-to-back against Orlando and Miami. They then head west for a match up with the Kings before coming back east with stops in San Antonio and New Orleans. The second trip is exclusively a west coast swing that begins on March 26 in Phoenix and wraps up in Los Angeles on April 3.

The beginning of the season will be a challenging month for Brad Stevens’ team as they will be tested early with a number of match ups against playoff teams from the 2015 season. Of Boston’s first 16 games, 11 will be against teams that were in the playoffs last season. They also have two match ups against the Indiana Pacers and one against the Oklahoma City Thunder who figure to be in the playoff mix again this season.

Currently, the Celtics are scheduled to play ten nationally televised games with two coming on TNT, five on ESPN and three on NBA TV. Here is a look at Boston’s Nationally televised schedule:

Nov 24 at Atlanta 8 p.m. TNT
Dec 9 vs Chicago 7 p.m. ESPN
Dec 27 vs New York 6 p.m. NBA TV
Jan 7 at Chicago 8 p.m. TNT
Jan 13 vs Indiana 8 p.m. ESPN
Jan 31 at Orlando 6 p.m. NBA TV
Feb 19 at Utah 10:30 p.m. ESPN
Mar 16 vs Oklahoma City 7 p.m. ESPN
Mar 28 at L.A. Clippers 10:30 p.m. NBA TV
Apr 1 at Golden State 10:30 p.m. ESPN

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics Schedule Among League’s Most Difficult Empty Re: Boston Celtics Schedule Among League’s Most Difficult

Post by wide clyde Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Nothing wrong with a tough schedule if you plan to compete in the NBA. Stevens convinced this team last year that back to back games were no longer an issue.

The schedule cannot be any tougher than last year since it includes that same number of games against the same teams as last year.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics Schedule Among League’s Most Difficult Empty Re: Boston Celtics Schedule Among League’s Most Difficult

Post by Sam Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:47 pm

A baptism of fire.  I like it! If you're trying to prove something, prove it against the best.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:32 pm

Doing things the easy way is for wimps..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Which you prove every time you climb a mountain down there, Rooter.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

sam wrote:Which you prove every time you climb a mountain down there, Rooter.

Sam

aww man I never mentioned it, my wife made me go up ya'lls way for a long weekend to hike mt katahdin at the end of the Appalachian trail the other week in Maine!!!!

It KICKED MUH REAR QUARTERS!! I had a lot of difficulties on the hike and as a result am joining the Sams Celtics Forum and Heart Issues Gang which I hope to find out next wed. will be a temporary membership - even though I think the club is full of some fine folks, I don't wanna join up officially just yet.

the mountain hiking is really more Her thing, I just want to be out in the wild, and the wilder the better. Or in a boat, we got home sunday from 2 days of white water rafting in Tennesee that was a friggen blast. We did a 1/2 day trip on sat. then afterwards our gang was trying to decide what to do on sunday as no one had bothered to consider sundays activities. LOL, well I have a bad back that's been really acting up of late so after going out to dinner I informed the gang we were just going to do the all day rafting trip the next day and staggered off to bed since walking and sitting are both rather uncomfortable. Sunday was awesome! we did the same section of whatever river it was that they used for the 1996 summer Olympics.

next up is a 9 day canoe trip in Canada the week after muh dr.s appt. so I hope they don't find anything that's gonna worry my wife while we're canoeing.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Matty,

I climbed Mt. Katahdin back in the late '80s and it kicked my butt as well!!  I had issues with leg cramps, I did most of table land (up and back) without being able to bend my knees.  Somebody came by and gave me some aspirin, which helped to some degree.  I did it on a warmish day in October, during peak foliage season.  Wicked gorgeous!!

If you did the end of the Appalachian trail (the Hunt trail?), you must have gone through Millinocket.  The company that I work for has an office there.  I work out of an office in my house, but I used to sit in an office there a couple times a month when I lived in Maine.

Hard to believe that its been a year since I moved to Charlotte.  I pulled out of my dooryard (Mainer for driveway) exactly one year ago today in the moving truck.

Anyway, good luck with your dr. appt.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:33 am

Hooter,

Congratulations on the white water rafting. You may not want to try that in Georgia. Did you ever see the movie "Deliverance," and can you squeal like a pig?

I suspect that, if there were anything like a serious heart issue, you'd know for sure by now. But you're wise to have it checked out. Please let us know the outcome, and all the luck in the world.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:53 am

Matty wrote:
sam wrote:Which you prove every time you climb a mountain down there, Rooter.

Sam

aww man I never mentioned it, my wife made me go up ya'lls way for a long weekend to hike mt katahdin at the end of the Appalachian trail the other week in Maine!!!!

It KICKED MUH REAR QUARTERS!! I had a lot of difficulties on the hike and as a result am joining the Sams Celtics Forum and Heart Issues Gang which I hope to find out next wed. will be a temporary membership - even though I think the club is full of some fine folks, I don't wanna join up officially just yet.

the mountain hiking is really more Her thing, I just want to be out in the wild, and the wilder the better. Or in a boat, we got home sunday from 2 days of white water rafting in Tennesee that was a friggen blast. We did a 1/2 day trip on sat. then afterwards our gang was trying to decide what to do on sunday as no one had bothered to consider sundays activities. LOL, well I have a bad back that's been really acting up of late so after going out to dinner I informed the gang we were just going to do the all day rafting trip the next day and staggered off to bed since walking and sitting are both rather uncomfortable.  Sunday was awesome! we did the same section of whatever river it was that they used for the 1996 summer Olympics.

next up is a 9 day canoe trip in Canada the week after muh dr.s appt.  so I hope they don't find anything that's gonna worry my wife while we're canoeing.

Matty,

I love hiking but it kicks my butt too.  I did the Poon Hill trek of the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal in 2010.  The 2nd day, especially the morning, was one of the most grueling days of my life!  I was just 57, like the day before, so I wasn't young.  I climbed the equivalent of 1.4 Empire State Buildings, and that was before lunch.  After lunch I did about the same, but it was over a longer run so less rise/meter distance.  A little easier.  As I laid in bed that night (I had to get up at 4:30 am to hike for an hour to see the sunrise at the top of Poon Hill) I heard the sound of someone walking past my little box (about the size of a walk-in closet, with bare plywood walls with the bare 2x4 (not even 2x6!) studs showing) and I instinctively lifted my head, and my shoulders slightly, off the bed to look to see what the sound was.  My muscles, throughout my body, were so stressed out I got a cramp in my solar plexus so bad I couldn't breathe for 30 seconds.

New Zealand is drop-dead gorgeous too.  OMG.

I cannot remember the last time I paid for a r/t international airfare.  Every trip I've gone on for well over 10 years (and I've been on a few) were bought with frequent flyer miles.  $100 to Nepal and back.  $100 to New Zealand and back.  $100 to Europe and back.  $100 to Panama and back.  It can be done.

Take it easy until you find out what's what, my friend.  Then kick its ass back.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by rambone Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:37 am

As far as the tough schedule, playing so many back-to-backs has real advantages for a team that is arguably too deep.

Chemistry issues can arise, and frustrations, so having a lot of back-to-backs is a great excuse to play the deep bench and keep everybody happy.

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Rambone,

That might have been true last season, when the Celtics' bench was arguably better than the starters (at least against their counterparts on the other team). In fact, it could be a primary reason why the Celts did so well on back-to-backs.

But, generally speaking, giving your bench more minutes just because it's the second night of back-to-backs concedes an advantage to the opponent by pitting your bench against the opponent's starters for considerable minutes.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down