dboss
gyso
bobheckler
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Ides of December Empty The Ides of December

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:50 pm

December 15th is the first day some players can be traded.  That's this Wednesday.

This is where rumors/trades/etc can be put.  I think if we start a different thread for every rumor and/or trade it'll get a little crazy.

Let's keep this thread going until, let's say, one week from today.  Monday, December 20th.  That'll give GMs the rest of this week and through the weekend to broker something.  The quick, early deals will happen, then they'll survey the new landscape and see what's what.  There'll be players who are released due to these trades, players who will become redundant or who get pushed so far down the depth chart it makes sense to move them to a team that will value them more (and maybe get a favorable deal as a result of that).  That might take a few days of phone calls and salary cap affirmations, so Monday or so should be good.  If we want to extend it beyond that we can do that as well.

Here's the first installment:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-celtics-expected-open-155540121.html

NBA Rumors: Celtics expected to be open to Dennis Schroder trade talks

Darren Hartwell
Mon, December 13, 2021, 7:55 AM

Dennis Schroder is enjoying a resurgent season in Boston -- and therein lies the Celtics' dilemma.

Schroder, who signed a one-year, $5.8 million "prove it" deal with Boston this summer, is putting up quality numbers (17.5 points, 4.9 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game) that may make it difficult for the Celtics to re-sign him next offseason.

The C's apparently are well aware of this. The Athletic's Shams Charania reported Monday that "rival teams" expect Boston to be "open" to trade discussions involving Schroder.

There are a lot of moving pieces here: Schroder looks like a strong fit with the Celtics through 27 games, and his offense and playmaking are a valuable complement to Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown. He certainly could help the team in 2022-23 and would be great to have for this season's stretch run.

Boston is 13-14 entering Monday, though, and if its fortunes don't improve when Brown returns from injury this week, then it's worth at least discussing a shakeup. Schroder is one of the team's most valuable trade assets outside Tatum and Brown and could net a decent return for new president of basketball operations Brad Stevens.

Stevens also must decide if a larger shakeup is in order. If the Celtics consider trading one of their "core" players like Brown or guard Marcus Smart, then that may impact whether Stevens wants to keep Schroder around on a new deal.

The NBA trade deadline is set for Feb. 10, but most players can be traded beginning this Wednesday, Dec. 15. So, expect the trade chatter to pick up as Stevens navigates his first trade season in Boston.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Not really "news", other than a Schroder trade would be sooner (12/15) rather than later (2/10/22, the trade deadline).  I'd feel better about this if Nesmith or Pritchard were having better seasons.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Ides of December Empty Re: The Ides of December

Post by gyso Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:09 pm

I'll put a copy of this here as well.  I don't think Schroder's contract will get us anything by itself, but combined with another contract, it could.

Trade availability, Player by player:
2021-2022 Base Salary:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/cap/

Jayson Tatum: No restrictions.
$28,103,500

Al Horford: No restrictions.
$27,000,000

Jaylen Brown: No restrictions.
$24,830,357

Juan Hernangomez: No restrictions.
$6,175,440

Romeo Langford: No restrictions.
$3,804,360

Aaron Nesmith: No restrictions.
$3,631,200

Grant Williams: No restrictions.
$2,617,800

Payton Pritchard: No restrictions.
$2,137,440

Bruno Fernando: No restrictions.
$1,782,621

Enes Kanter Freedom: Trade Restriction: This player cannot be traded until Dec 15, 2021.
$2,641,691

Dennis Schröder: Trade Restriction: This player cannot be traded until Dec 15, 2021.
$5,890,000

Josh Richardson: Trade Restriction: This player cannot be traded until Jan 07, 2022.
$11,615,328

Jabari Parker: Trade Restriction: This player cannot be traded until Jan 19, 2022.
$2,239,544

Marcus Smart: Trade Restriction: This player cannot be traded until Jan 25, 2022.
$13,839,285

Robert Williams III: Trade Restriction: This player cannot be traded until Jul 01, 2022.
$3,661,976

My note: I added the player's salary to this list.  There are four weeks left before JRich's salary is available for trading.  We will have to put up with mediocre basketball for a bit still before Brad and Co. can use his salary in a trade.

RWill is below the line because he is not available for a trade before the deadline, due to his "upcoming contract extension".

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:27 am

https://www.sportscasting.com/boston-celtics-17-1-million-ace-sleeve-salvage-uninspiring-start-season/

The Boston Celtics Have a $17.1 Million Ace Up Their Sleeve That Could Salvage Their Uninspiring Start to the Season

by Jack Dougherty  on December 13, 2021

The Boston Celtics had high expectations entering the 2021-22 season, but they haven’t gotten off to the start they probably envisioned. Through the first 27 games, Boston currently sits in 10th place in the Eastern Conference standings at 13-14.

This simply isn’t a championship-caliber roster as currently constructed, but that could change soon thanks to a $17.1 million ace the Celtics have up their sleeve.

The Boston Celtics are barely clinging to a playoff spot

The Ides of December Celtics
The Boston Celtics bench celebrates during a game against the Toronto Raptors | Stuart Cahill/MediaNews Group/Boston Herald

The Celtics got off to an unexpectedly slow start to the season. Boston went just 2-5 in its first seven games, and at 13-14 a quarter of the way through the season, the team just hasn’t looked like the NBA Finals contender it’s been in recent years.

Part of the Celtics’ struggles can be explained by Jaylen Brown missing 14 of a possible 27 games. Brown has battled injuries and COVID-19 all year, so it’s been tough for Boston to find any chemistry on the court with their superstar forward bouncing in and out of the lineup.

With just a few weeks left in 2021, the Celtics are barely clinging to a playoff spot at 10th in the Eastern Conference. And judging by what we’ve seen from this team thus far, the play-in tournament might be the best-case scenario for Boston by the end of the year.

Celtics have a $17.1 million ace up their sleeve

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
According to a league source, the Celtics created a $17.1 million trade exception in the Fournier sign-and-trade.
7:33 AM · Aug 17, 2021

If the Celtics are serious about contending for the Eastern Conference crown next summer, they’ll need to be aggressive in trade talks over the next few months. Rumors have surfaced recently that Boston is interested in a Ben Simmons-Jaylen Brown swap, but Brad Stevens has a secret weapon at his disposal that would allow him to add a much-needed piece without giving up one of his best assets.

Over the offseason, the Celtics sent Evan Fournier to the New York Knicks in a sign-and-trade deal, which created a $17.1 million trade exception for Boston to use within one year.

If you aren’t familiar with trade exceptions in the NBA, let’s break them down quickly. They essentially act as vouchers for teams to use in future trades. In this case, the Celtics can use their exception to trade for a player or multiple players with salaries that add up to $17.1 million.

In simple terms, Boston has a $17.1 million coupon to spend on trades before February’s deadline or at some point next offseason. And after a disappointing start to the season, it’s time to cash that coupon in.

Time is running out on Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum

We’re now in Year 5 of the Jaylen Brown-Jayson Tatum era. With both players now entering their primes, the Celtics should be improving instead of taking a step back.

But this already looks to be the worst version of the Brown-Tatum Celtics. At this point, Stevens owes it to both players to build a championship-caliber roster around them this year. If they still can’t reach the NBA Finals with a revamped roster, it might be a sign to go in another direction.

As for trade targets, Boston should take a look at Domantas Sabonis or Dejounte Murray. The Indiana Pacers are reportedly open to dealing a few of their core players, and the San Antonio Spurs should be in full rebuild mode after a 10-16 start to the year.

It’s time for Stevens to earn his stripes as an executive by saving what could be a disastrous season for the Celtics.

Bob
MY NOTE:  We forget about that TPE.  I'm fairly confident Brad and Wyc haven't, though.  It's a big one, really big.

We know the latest BS coming out of the talking heads is that this is the end for the Js.  I'd like to hear what they are saying this morning when we were reminded of how potent they are when they are both playing.  We had the longest road trip of the season over the last week or two, almost all of it without Jaylen Brown, and we looked bad.  Did we look bad last night?  I would prefer a killer big than a killer guard but subtracting a J to get that killer is a cha-cha.  Furthermore, saying this is "year 5" of their time together is misleading.  Who has high expectations for rookies or sophomores?  This is more like their 2nd or 3rd year together as mature players.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:21 am

The Celtics should make every effort to move Dennis Schroder if they can get a 1st rounder in return.  The team that would be willing to do that must have a need at PG and be a playoff projected team looking to improve.  If they see no deal that makes sense then he should just play out the year and the Celtics can move on.  

The TPE (big one) may not be used this season.  Are the owners ready to pay a bigger tax bill?  Would Boston be just using it as a rental?  Would they target a player that they want to retain and are able to resign?    

We added some veterans to the group but they do not substantially improve our team.  Sooner or later the Celtics will need to cash in a few of our young players along with other assets (a veteran or 2, future draft picks, etc) What is the ceiling for our young guys?  Are there 2 starters and 2 everyday rotation guys in that group?   Is it really too soon to even make that type of judgment?

Do Celtics fans really appreciate that building a contending team is damn difficult? When we consider the tenures of Jayson and Jaylen do we realize that so many young and talented players do not get to a championship in 5 years.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:22 am

This is a bunch of bull. Other GM's dying for Jaylen are putting all kinds of rumors out there. Doc is the first, although I think he knows Brad will never give him Jaylen for "you know who".
Personally, I am sick of all of this Jaylen talk, he showed last night how valuable he is to this team and to Jason. Not happening.

The one person I feel is a almost sure trade is Schroeder. He has shown he is still a good player, and could be of value to a playoff contending team. Since there is almost no possible way he stays here in Boston, get something for him while he is worth it for a team to reach for him. I really do not want Josh Richardson traded, I believe he is a good piece to hold on to,same with Grant

Other than that, I guess it is "anything goes". I am sure there are many on line here who want Marcus gone, that is one bitter pill I am not really willing to swallow just yet
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:46 pm

Quick Reminder:  hunting season is tomorrow,  12/15.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:24 pm

At what time, I will be waiting for your news, bombs away
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:45 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/12/celtics-trade-season-primer-what-are-brad-stevens-options-to-tweak-roster-as-100-plus-players-become-eligible-to-be-dealt.html

Celtics trade season primer: What are Brad Stevens options to tweak roster as 100-plus players become eligible to be dealt?

Updated: Dec. 15, 2021, 10:51 a.m. | Published: Dec. 15, 2021, 10:51 a.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

Brad Stevens and the Celtics front office have largely been in evaluation mode during the first two months of the regular season. However, that mentality will begin to change now with the arrival of December 15th, also known as the beginning of trade season in the NBA.

“We’re going to find out (if the roster fits),” Stevens told NBC Sports Boston last month. “Last year, we were 8-3 to start the year and it didn’t feel like 8-3 from my perspective, from the seat I was in. I felt like we had a lot of things we had to account for and we had to be a lot better in, and then we got hit with other stuff.”

Stevens’ predecessor Danny Ainge largely stood pat in recent years with in-season moves prior to 2021, failing to make a notable in-season trade addition for six years until the acquisition of Evan Fournier into part of the Gordon Hayward TPE last March.

The equation is far different now for a Celtics team that has underachieved with a 14-14 record over the first 28 games of the regular season amid injuries and a lack of offensive consistency. While Boston has a pair of cornerstones in place in Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, finding the right players to put around that talent very much remains a work in process for Stevens and his staff.

Weighing making a push towards improvement in the present versus accumulating more assets now for a potentially bigger offseason upgrade are just some of the major choices looming in the next two months. No matter what direction Stevens decides on, staying pat likely won’t be an appealing route for a franchise that’s on the clock with stars in their prime.

So what can Stevens realistically do now that trade season has begun? Let’s look at some of the options at his disposal over the next two months.

Why is the start of trade season on December 15th anyway?

This is the date when most free agents signed this offseason are eligible to be dealt during the league year. As of Wednesday, more than 110 free agents that were inked to deals in the offseason are eligible to be moved, which is an average of nearly four players per team. Before this date, trade dialogue was largely left at that (no trades have been made since October) due to the logjam of players that couldn’t be moved. Now, most teams don’t have any restrictions in moving their talent.

Which new Celtics players are now eligible to be dealt as of December 15th?

Dennis Schroder and Enes Kanter are the biggest names from Boston’s side. Schroder signed a one-year deal this offseason for the taxpayer mid-level exception while Kanter came aboard on a one-year deal for the minimum.

Are there currently any Celtics that can’t be traded?

Marcus Smart is the only player who technically still falls in that category since he signed a four-year contract extension back in the summer. He won’t be eligible to be dealt until mid-January (or roughly six months after he signed the deal).

Robert Williams is technically still eligible to be dealt (rookie extension deals don’t have a no-trade restriction) but his contract is a ‘poison pill’ for the next season. That makes it incredibly difficult to trade until next summer due to how his salary cap hit counts for salary matching in any trade.

What other tools do the Celtics have to make a trade?

The team still holds three sizable trade exceptions created during the past offseason which include:

$5 million (Kemba Walker trade, expires in May 2022)
$9.7 million (Tristan Thompson trade, expires early July 2022)
$17.1 million (Evan Fournier sign-and-trade, expires mid-July 2022)
The fact that the Celtics can add salary in a trade with these TPEs without sending out matching money could be particularly useful in a facilitating role if they want to get involved in a deal involving multiple teams. However, Boston’s willingness to take on added salary remains to be seen for a team that has been mediocre thus far during the 2021-22. Boston is already a few million dollars into the luxury tax with their current payroll so adding any more major salary without sending much out seems highly unlikely unless it’s a trade that management believes could turn Boston into a viable contender now. Otherwise, the extra millions in tax penalties for every million-dollar added to the team’s current payroll of $142.9 million would be a tough sell.

The Celtics also have all of their upcoming first-round draft picks for the next decade to use in potential swaps.

Roster trade options

The Celtics certainly have some expendable talent on the back half of their roster at the moment. Jabari Parker has fallen out of the rotation for the past month and his $2.2 million salary is not fully guaranteed for the season until early January. Boston simply may value having that roster spot open for trade purposes rather than committing a full year’s salary to him so he could be traded or released outright in the coming weeks.

Elsewhere, Juancho Hernangomez has failed to make a meaningful impact after being acquired in a deal from the Memphis Grizzlies in September. He’s basically an expiring contract with a salary at $7 million (next season’s deal is non-guaranteed) and could be used as a tool (with a pick attached) to add a mid-sized salary to the roster without taking away from the team’s current rotation. The same goes for big man Bruno Fernando ($1.8 million expiring deal) to a far lesser degree from a financial standpoint.

There are other bigger veteran names that could also be moved in theory down the line (Schroder, Richardson, Horford, Smart) if the Celtics elect to sell some parts for some future assets or simply want a different mix of talent around their two stars. It’s unlikely any decision will be made on that front however until the team gets a larger sample size of games to evaluate this group with a healthy Jaylen Brown back in the fold. For now, the tinkering can begin in earnest as a huge chunk of talent across the league becomes trade eligible with nearly two months to go ahead of the February 10th trade deadline.

Stevens was plenty busy this summer reshaping Boston’s roster and the bet here is he remains active in the next two months as well to address a roster with plenty of flaws.

Bob
MY NOTE:  So basically this boils down, to me, to Schroder and TPEs.  There's no point in trading Enes (did you notice Robb referred to him as "Enes Kanter" and not Freedom?  Old habits die hard), he's a veteran's minimum and he's a healthy, legit big.  Unless he's a "must" in a deal for a player that will move the needle I don't see it.  Two of the end-of-benchers (e.g. Parker, Bruno) have no trade value.  Not enough talent-wise and/or salary to move the needle.  Clearing a roster spot would be the only reason.  Hernangomez is an interesting trade chip if there is interest.  As pointed out above he's a $6.175M expiring contract since he has a non-guaranteed contract next year.  Someone could take him, perhaps as part of a package, and Brad could make him almost free by including Kemba's $5M TPE (I hope I'm understanding this correctly.  GYSO?).

Bottom line, Brad has some stuff to offer.  Schroder, Juancho and TPEs is not exactly a potent arsenal of assets to offer but they are expiring contracts, can be almost free and one of those players is a legit player on any roster (I'll bet the Lakers with they still had him).  Give us a player we like with a contract you want to get out from under, throw in some picks and you can have one of the better 6th men in the league and a free look at a veteran PF.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:04 pm

No interest in Kemba Walker around the NBA

HoopsHype
Thu, December 16, 2021, 1:11 AM

There is no interest league-wide in taking on Kemba Walker according to multiple sources. Walker was benched to try and kickstart the Knicks, a move that has failed, but the league consensus is that Walker’s knees represent too much of a risk even if his play with New York and Boston was more about situation.
Source: Matt Moore @ Action Network

What’s the buzz on Twitter?

Ian Begley @IanBegley
From earlier: “You just want to put your team in position to win. If you look at the games…there’s some really good stuff & there’s some stuff that, obviously, has to be better.”
Tom Thibodeau, in part, when asked to assess NYK since Kemba lineup shift: sny.tv/articles/kemba… – 10:15 AM

Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman
Rookie PG Miles McBride makes most of #Knicks chance as Kemba Walker ignored again in loss #Knicks nypost.com/2021/12/15/kem… – 7:10 AM

Ian Begley @IanBegley
“You just want to put your team in position to win. If you look at the games…there’s some really good stuff & there’s some stuff that, obviously, has to be better.”
Tom Thibodeau, in part, when asked to assess NYK’s play since Kemba Walker lineup shift: sny.tv/articles/kemba… – 1:54 AM

Ian Begley @IanBegley
After his record-setting night, Steph Curry’s post-game interview draws a crowd at MSG. Curry & GSW beat Knicks, 105-96. NYK falls to 5-10 at home, has lost 15 of last 22. NYK was looking to improve its defense with Kemba Walker lineup change. Club is 1-7 since making change. pic.twitter.com/JVOGgib6Iq – 10:02 PM

StatMuse @statmuse
The Knicks are 2-7 since not playing Kemba Walker.
They were 10-9 with Kemba. pic.twitter.com/yohhcIcnJQ – 9:52 PM

Will Guillory @WillGuillory
I can understand not starting Kemba, but playing this McBride dude over him is pure disrespect – 9:51 PM

Rob Perez @WorldWideWob
this was Kemba’s fault? – 9:20 PM

Greg Dickerson @gregdickerson13
Kemba walker is so toast, something named miles McBride is getting playing time over him. Also best move the celts have made in the last 10 years is NOT signing Fournier to a new deal. – 9:08 PM

John Schuhmann @johnschuhmann
I was going to ask, if McBride & Knox are playing ahead of him, what it would take for Kemba Walker to play again…
But given what’s happened w/ the Bulls & Nets, I guess I know the answer. – 8:14 PM

Rookie Miles McBride is backup PG tonight as Kemba Walker gets passed over again. – 8:05 PM

Derrick Rose will start at point guard. Alec Burks will fill in for RJ Barrett at SF. And Kemba Walker will…never mind. – 7:01 PM

Bob Garcia @bgarciaivsports
3 viable trade destinations for #Knicks point guard Kemba Walker.
#NBA
sportscasting.com/3-trade-destin… – 3:37 PM

A Sunday of disrespect aimed at Bronx legend Kemba Walker, whose signing is now a ‘catastrophe’ #Knicks #NBA #Bucks nypost.com/2021/12/12/kni… – 8:47 AM

More on this storyline
Stefan Bondy: Thibs on not playing Kemba: “Just a coaching decision.” -via Twitter @SBondyNYDN / December 12, 2021

So what do the Knicks do now with their prized offseason addition? Multiple league sources believe the Knicks will look to trade Walker, whose value on the trade market, much like his production, is at an all-time low. -via Bleacher Report / November 30, 2021

However, league sources believe Walker’s value has the potential to change as the Knicks get closer to the Feb. 10 trade deadline and teams get more desperate to add a veteran who, despite his defensive shortcomings, has shown he can still make shots, albeit in a more limited capacity. -via Bleacher Report / November 30, 2021

Bob
MY NOTE: Poor Kemba. A great guy, great locker room influence, just past his shelf life. He's still only 31. Even undersized guards like him have a reasonable expectation of still having it at 31.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:38 pm

Meanwhile the Knickerbockers continue to implode. Kemba may have seen better days but the disrespect that Thibs is displaying is ridiculous.
Thibs defense is his defense yet he benches a player who’s weak defensively and right after that they start getting worse. He’ll be out of work again soon. Dude has a short shelf life.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:19 pm

Ktron wrote:Meanwhile the Knickerbockers continue to implode. Kemba may have seen better days but the disrespect that Thibs is displaying is ridiculous.
Thibs defense is his defense yet he benches a player who’s weak defensively and right after that they start getting worse. He’ll be out of work again soon. Dude has a short shelf life.

Ktron,

I agree.  Thibs wears on players and James Dolan is not known for his patience (or much else besides owning a perennial doormat in the biggest market in the country)..

Mannix is now saying that he thinks the Celtics' chances of getting Bradley Beal have never been better.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:37 pm

for who? Jaylen Brown? He is truly hung up on this. Likes to hear himself talk.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:06 pm

Thibs moving Walker out of the starting lineup is one thing but not playing him at all is just plain wrong.

Kemba is shooting 41% on 5 attempts per game from deep. You mean to tell me Thibs could not find a rotation spot for him?

Thibs will not last in NY
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:18 pm

Brad may just keep his powder dry until the deadline.  I still believe we could be a top 4 team in the East without any additional moves.  

Of course if the team cannot find consistency, an early playoff exit looms on the horizon.

They need to stay healthy.

I think Parker could be gone and maybe Brad uses one of the smaller TPE'S to add a player.  Dennis however remains the one destined to be moved.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:46 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:This is a bunch of bull.  Other GM's dying for Jaylen are putting all kinds of rumors out there. Doc is the first, although I think he knows Brad will never give him Jaylen for "you know who".
Personally, I am sick of all of this Jaylen talk, he showed last night how valuable he is to this team and to Jason.  Not happening.

The one person I feel is a almost sure trade is Schroeder.  He has shown he is still a good player, and could be of value to a playoff contending team.  Since there is almost no possible way he stays here in Boston, get something for him while he is worth it for a team to reach for him.  I really do not want Josh Richardson traded, I believe he is a good piece to hold on to,same with Grant

Other than that, I guess it is "anything goes".  I am sure there are many on line here who want Marcus gone, that is one bitter pill I am not really willing to swallow just yet
                                                                                this
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:49 pm

I expect DS to be traded and Pritchard and Nesmith to pick up a lot of his minutes, which, imo should have been the plan from the beginning. It's hard to play with a guillotine hovering over your neck.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:01 pm

We’re beating Golden State tomorrow and the Knicks come Saturday.
Philly shouldn’t be a problem either if we play like we played against the Bucks.
Speaking of the Bucks, Giannis will be out Christmas so we may pick up another one there. Just saying cuz that’s the way I feel. That is all for now.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:16 pm

As a lot of players enter the Covid protocol,  it appears that the NBA, no test policy for vaccinated  players is blowing up in their face.    Once the CDC established the fact that you can still be infected even if you were vaccinated,  rigorous testing should have been implemented. 

The NBA is negligent.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:31 am

Ktron wrote:We’re beating Golden State tomorrow and the Knicks come Saturday.
Philly shouldn’t be a problem either if we play like we played against the Bucks.
Speaking of the Bucks, Giannis will be out Christmas so we may pick up another one there.  Just saying cuz that’s the way I feel. That is all for now.

OK, I’m holding you to those predictions.

I’ll go call Caesar’s sports-book and put some money on it now. What did you say your credit card number was?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:13 am

Ktron wrote:We’re beating Golden State tomorrow and the Knicks come Saturday.
Speaking of the Bucks, Giannis will be out Christmas so we may pick up another one there.  Just saying cuz that’s the way I feel. That is all for now.

ktron

A win at home vs GSW is probably a good bet.  Boston has been a team that seems to match up with them quite well.  Check out the link below to view our head to head games against them.  We have won 5 out of the last 6.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/head_to_head_gl/celtics_vs_warriors_game_log_season.htm

With regards to da knicks, they are a mess! They got 4 guys out with Rona plus D rose has a sore ankle so another good bet to win that one too.

And let's not forget the 26ers. I watched Durant beat them last night almost by himself. They are a rudderless ship drifting towards an abyss of nothingness.

If you want to act real silly be a fool and bet on Philly. I'm rolling with ktron on this one too!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:45 am

Grant Williams and another unidentified Celtic have joined Parker in the health and safety protocol list.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:52 am

bobc33 wrote:Grant Williams and another unidentified Celtic have joined Parker in the health and safety protocol list.

Well that really sucks
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am

Al Horford was the unidentified player.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:18 pm

John Karalis @John_Karalis
about 1 hour ago
Al Horford and Grant Williams are now in Health and Safety Protocols. Horford began the season in the protocols when he actually had COVID, so it's quite interesting that he's back in so soon

Bob
MY NOTE: There goes our top two stretch bigs.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Sh!t we are jinxed

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down