dboss
gyso
bobheckler
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Ides of December - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ides of December

Post by Ktron Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:37 pm

The league needs to rethink all of this. No bubble but maybe having less fans in the building. Between the NBA and the NFL this is getting out of hand.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:38 pm

I like your thinking Ktron.  Unfortunately until I see something beyond a 2-3 game win-streak and any significant change in direction, I have to hold to my guns that this will be another toss-up game more than likely resulting in a loss given this is the best team in the NBA right now.  I think it will look better than the PHX game but not by much.  It would say a whole lot if we would win this one going away, though!  I'm beyond twice shy an infinite number of times now with this team!  I want more than anything to come back on this site tomorrow morning and say I was dead wrong!!  Just going on past performance and our luck now, which there is none.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:45 pm

I made that prediction before I knew about Grant and Al being out. I may have to back pedal come this evening. Lol

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:01 pm

I started writing my response this morning and never sent it until just a few minutes ago!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Maybe if they stopped hugging each other it would not spread as much!!!!! Man, Red would have killed his players for doing that. Watch old films you will see even Bird walking off the floor after winning a game.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:21 pm

IT can still play.  Would have liked to see Boston bring him back.

He can have Parker's spot.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:24 pm

I get my wish.  Romeo starts tonight so we have a 3 wing lineup.  

Small ball in the house tonight.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:52 pm

I aree with dboss. testing should be ongoing
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:43 pm

There has been a remarkable absence of trades centered around the 12/15 trade deadline. Color me 'shocked'.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-kings-now-open-165008520.html

Just two of the top five picks in the 2017 NBA Draft are still playing for the teams that selected them -- Jayson Tatum of the Boston Celtics and De'Aaron Fox of the Sacramento Kings.

Will Fox be the next one moved?

The Kings reportedly were not interested in trading Fox during the offseason, even in a potential package for Philadelphia 76ers star point guard Ben Simmons.

So, what's changed?

ESPN's Tim MacMahon was on The Hoop Collective podcast with colleague Brian Windhorst earlier this week and gave an interesting update on Fox's situation.

"It was widely reported going into the season: De’Aaron Fox is off the table," MacMahon said. "Sir, I’ve heard a lot of smoke that that might not be the case at this point."

Fox is not having a good season. He's averaging 21.3 points, 5.0 assists per game, down from 25.2 points and 7.2 assists per game averages last season. Fox has been a poor 3-point shooter with the Kings and is currently converting a career-low 26.3 percent on those attempts. His free throw attempts and field goal percentage are down compared to last season as well.

The 24-year-old guard has a massive contract, too. He's in the first season of a five-year, $163 million deal that expires after the 2025-26 campaign.

Should the Celtics pursue Fox? In short, probably not.

Fox would push the pace as one of the fastest guards in the league. He's excellent in transition. He's also a strong playmaker and a reliable 20-plus points per game scorer. His lackluster outside shooting is a concern, though. His high salary, which peaks in 2025-26 with a salary cap hit of more than $37 million, is another issue.

If the Celtics are looking to make a huge splash in the trade market, they should aim a little bit higher than Fox.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2