Jaylen Brown ties modern record with 36 shots, 0 assists

5 posters

Go down

Jaylen Brown ties modern record with 36 shots, 0 assists Empty Jaylen Brown ties modern record with 36 shots, 0 assists

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:13 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/jaylen-brown-ties-modern-record-164439007.html

Jaylen Brown ties modern record with 36 shots, 0 assists

Dan Feldman
Thu, December 30, 2021, 8:44 AM·1 min read

Marcus Smart said Celtics teammate Jaylen Brown (and Jayson Tatum) “don’t want to pass the ball.”

Brown didn’t exactly prove Smart wrong yesterday.

In Boston’s 91-82 loss to the Clippers, Brown took 36 shots without registering a single assist. That ties former Celtics forward Antoine Walker and former Cavaliers forward Mike Mitchell (twice) for most field-goal attempts without an assist in a game since the NBA-ABA merger:

Jaylen Brown ties modern record with 36 shots, 0 assists Pbt-jaylen-brown-most-shots-without-an-assist
*playoffs

In fairness to Brown, he had eight potential assists, per NBA.com. His teammates just missed all those shots. According to ESPN, no player has had more potential assists without an actual assist in a game this season.

Boston was just ice cold from downtown, including on a few looks set up by Brown. The Celtics shot a dreadful 4-for-42 on 3-pointers (10%). Brown (1-for-13 from beyond the arc dragged down the average.)

But eight potential assists are not a great amount for someone who controlled so much of the offense with Tatum sidelined. Brown took thrice as many shots as any of his teammates outside Al Horford (who took 22 fewer shots than Brown – and still had eight assists). Brown’s passing is a relative weak spot in his overall stellar game.

With people already predisposed to question Brown’s distributing, last night’s box score serves as a harsh piece of supporting evidence.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Can't get an assist if the recipient of the pass doesn't hit the shot.  We shot 34.7% last night on 101 fgas.  That's a lot of misses.  

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Brown ties modern record with 36 shots, 0 assists Empty Re: Jaylen Brown ties modern record with 36 shots, 0 assists

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:10 pm

This is truly an unfair assessment of Jaylen’s game last night. Bob, you are right, if the guys had been hitting the shots from the passes from JB he would have had at least 8 assists. Unfair, as far as I am concerned.

I just do not get it. I can see one, maybe two guys being cold, but an entire team???? What the heck is going on here???? This is not the first time that this team has gone on streaks of missed shots . Most of those threes they missed last night were open shots, hardly a defensive player on them. Just makes no sense to me.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Brown ties modern record with 36 shots, 0 assists Empty Re: Jaylen Brown ties modern record with 36 shots, 0 assists

Post by NYCelt Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:50 pm

Hard to be critical of Brown going assist free when his teammates couldn’t hit a shot off his attempts.

What I will point out is Jaylen himself was something like 13 for 36 from the floor and 1 of 13 from the 3.

That is a horrible stat line that gets hidden by the 30 point total.

That is one awful looking performance regardless of the point total.

Good game to forget for Brown, despite the points. Let’s just move on from this one!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:06 pm

I think the only explanation is that guys are choking. Shooters should have been an off-season priority
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:24 am

We don't have very good shooters and I did notice that in the second half it appeared that some of our players were reluctant to shoot the ball because they had missed so many. I wouldn’t refer to that as choking but more of a lack of confidence.
Brown had 30 but his stat line stunk and he didn’t come close to showing that he is a go to guy down the stretch.

It is my opinion that Pritchard is at best a backup PG with a decent shot. That’s it. I don't think we are going to get much more than that out of him.
Those folks jumping up and down over his lack of minutes need to take several seats. He ain’t that guy. And this tired legs excuse is lame. He either doesn’t play enough minutes or he played too many, It’s time for a reality check. He is who he is.
Also, why did Brad sign the 3 Senior citizens when IT was available? His defense notwithstanding, IT would get Buckets and create some excitement. He’s now in Dallas. Way to go C’s. Sign codgers and don't play them. Quite a braintrust we have. I don't blame Ime for not playing them. As much as I like Johnson we certainly don't need more ISO on this team.

Secure a quality PG that doesn’t necessarily have to be a star but one who knows how to play the position and make everyone around him better.
If we are not going to do that then as much as I hate to say it, Jaylen needs to be in the wind. We are so close to perpetual mediocrity that its scarier than S&&^!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down