Will Perkins Play/ Matter this year?

+3
beat
mrkleen09
LACELTFAN
7 posters

Go down

Will Perkins Play/ Matter this year? Empty Will Perkins Play/ Matter this year?

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:56 pm

I've made it no secret here that I have a soft spot in my head..I mean, heart...for Perkins..
Will he make it back this year...? Does it matter to the Celtics, if he makes it back? I know he hasn't ever really
gotten over the hump, so to speak, to stardom but he has contributed a lot, in my opinion...Are his Celtic days essentially over?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Will Perkins Play/ Matter this year? Empty Re: Will Perkins Play/ Matter this year?

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:14 pm

The Celtics basically lost the championship last year because Perk was unable to play in Game 7. If he plays, the Celtics win that game - and I think most of the team knows that.

Secondly, Shaq and to a lesser degree Jermaine O'Neil are here because of Perk's injury...and both of them are a temporary fix. They are not long term answers, while Perk very well could be the starting center here for years to come.

I think Perk regressed in many ways the second half of last season, but it is a big jump from there to thinking his days in Boston are over. I think Perk will come back by Christmas time, play a little in January and by Playoff time be back as the starter - or at least back to his usual 25 to 30 minutes per game.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Will Perkins Play/ Matter this year? Empty Re: Will Perkins Play/ Matter this year?

Post by beat Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:19 pm

mrkleen

I like your optimisum but i can't share it to any degree. I don't think we'll see Perk on the floor till March at the earliest. And I think we may be lucky for that to happen. I think any contribution we get from him this year even if its only 6 fouls to give is a bonus. That's why it is imperative this group stays healthy.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:31 pm

I feel Perk will be on the floor in late February, hopefully. As for being a force
on this team this year, I doubt it. Look at what Garnett went through and
supposedly Perks injury was worse. The kid has a great attitude, is staying around the club all the time and is involved in helping the new players get
orientated. Do I think they will sign him again? Yes, I believe he belongs here
and unless he has ridiculous dreams of huge money, he will be signed. Let's put it this way, I think he will be here sooner than Big Baby. Now there is a guy with huge dreams of big money!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Young bodys heal. It's all on Perk. If he keeps his weight down and does all the rehab and more....itsa long shot but I expect him to play and contribute late in the year
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:08 pm

i agree that he has youth on his side in his recovery - more so than KG did. but i'd still be very surprised to see meaningful minutes in March ... what the heck, everyone's got an opinion and a guess.

but i do think we need him back to see the full potential of this team come playoff time, and i'm afraid it's most likely that he'll still be limited in mobility and minutes even at that point. it was BIG deal injury ! c'monnnn, Perk !!!!

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Mike

One factor no one can put their finger on is what is going on in Perks head. Some people with knowledge say he's ahead of schedule (what schedule I might ask)

I keep going back to the KG saga from 2 years hence and we all know how that ended up. Perk's knees take a bit more stress than KG's due to his sheer bulk.

Not to slam Perk but there is a big difference between him and KG......
At least he won't loose any hops in that he never had any to loose. Won't loose any speed to speak of either for the same reason.

If this team is successful as we all hope it will be I just gotta believe anyone in Perks shoes will want to be a part of it as soon as he can. That might drive him to work a little harder at rehab.

Again, I'm hoping for a lot but expect little. No one knows and anyone that says they do is just guessin like all of us.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:37 pm

I think Perkins will rehab well. He seems to be the stubborn kind with a good work ethic that will "do what it takes".

Good thing about him being injured is that he can work on strength in general now since he does not have to worry about being rested for games.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:24 am

Ever since the advent of the big three...Not that it's been that long ago, only 3 years...I have been waiting for Perk to get to a place that I can imagine him being, where he is much more consistant at scoring easy buckets and rebounding. He shows flashes of it, then it disappears.
I was hoping that this would finally be his year to grow into it, but now I would settle for him making it back to a place where he is able to contribute and I hope he can remain a Celtic for the forseeable future.
I would miss his scowl.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down