Fan voting Celtics 75th Anniversary Team

3 posters

Go down

Fan voting Celtics 75th Anniversary  Team Empty Fan voting Celtics 75th Anniversary Team

Post by dboss Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:27 am

Well We blew it.

There was a link for fans to cast votes.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Fan voting Celtics 75th Anniversary  Team Empty Re: Fan voting Celtics 75th Anniversary Team

Post by Ktron Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:13 pm

Fans? What a joke. Did they even bother to split age and sex differences or could just anyone vote? What a farce.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Fan voting Celtics 75th Anniversary  Team Empty Re: Fan voting Celtics 75th Anniversary Team

Post by dboss Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:41 pm

Ktron wrote:Fans? What a joke. Did they even bother to split age and sex differences or could just anyone vote? What a farce.

Here is the article that I found about fan voting. I am sure that age, sex, marital status, ethnicity, religion, language and all other criteria deemed to be discriminatory were nonfactors

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/17/nba-boston-celtics-fan-vote-75th-anniversary-all-time-team/

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:40 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:Fans? What a joke. Did they even bother to split age and sex differences or could just anyone vote? What a farce.

Here is the article that I found about fan voting.  I am sure that age, sex, marital status, ethnicity, religion, language and all other criteria deemed to be discriminatory were nonfactors

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/17/nba-boston-celtics-fan-vote-75th-anniversary-all-time-team/

Those have to be factored in or the poll is even more meaningless and misleading. True polls and rankings are administered scientifically. You just don't ask anybody that wants to participate to voice their choice. Authentic pools and rankings are strategically administered but not here. How many taking part in this “ranking” have watched the game and know the players from even the 80’s?
In my opinion The only people qualified to participate are coaches and players. Unfortunately, except for a few, most of the Celtics coaches from 60’s up to Doc are dead. So aren’t many of the players. This ranking has no validity whatsoever. Just more NBA nonsense to get people talking.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:12 am

That's why the wording on the main original page about "...cast by fans and an official voting panel that included both media members and Celtics Historians" baffles me.

No Celtic historian would have let this list get out without KC Jones on it.  (Satch as well) No one.  None.  Even if the final tally was incredibly lop-sided, the historian(s) alone would have said, "Hold the phone, long ears."  Otherwise, what purpose would the historian have?!

I just want someone that put the list together to admit they missed the mark.  This looks like they did this list in NBA All-Star voting fashion.  That's ok.  Just admit it.  But don't insult my (our) intelligence and say "Celtics Historians" (or media members for that matter) were involved when it is clear there were none.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:25 pm

dbrown4 wrote:That's why the wording on the main original page about "...cast by fans and an official voting panel that included both media members and Celtics Historians" baffles me.

No Celtic historian would have let this list get out without KC Jones on it.  (Satch as well) No one.  None.  Even if the final tally was incredibly lop-sided, the historian(s) alone would have said, "Hold the phone, long ears."  Otherwise, what purpose would the historian have?!

I just want someone that put the list together to admit they missed the mark.  This looks like they did this list in NBA All-Star voting fashion.  That's ok.  Just admit it.  But don't insult my (our) intelligence and say "Celtics Historians" (or media members for that matter) were involved when it is clear there were none.  

db
Who are these historians? Most of them with any cache’ are dead!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:26 pm

That's what I'm thinkin' Ktron!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down