Comments From The Othe Side - vs Timberwolves, Home, 3/27/22

Go down

Comments From The Othe Side - vs Timberwolves, Home, 3/27/22  Empty Comments From The Othe Side - vs Timberwolves, Home, 3/27/22

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:54 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2022/03/comments-from-other-side-timberwolves.html

by FLCeltsFan

Probably the toughest game if the season outside of Phoenix. Boston are 23-4 in their last 27 games. Outrageous run of form

Let's beat them with the bench. Like last time.  (MY NOTE:  the score for the Battle of the Benches was 47-42.  So their bench did beat ours but not by that much)

Well let's hope those injuries for Tatum and Brown mean they wont be playing at 100%

This one feels like a playoff game, folks. Big, big game today, especially if Minnesota can scrap out a win on the road against a worthy opponent.

The Celtics will be without Al Horford manning the interior. I think that’s quietly a huge deal as Horford is usually a big component of every good defensive team he’s been on. Boston will still be sharp defensively at the perimeter with Derrick White, Marcus Smart, and Jayson Tatum (yes), but the paint should be more open than usual.

The one plus side of this game is that they don't have any huge players that are run runners. Rob and Grant are both guardable by towns and Vando. We'll see how this goes

I don’t think we have any chance tbh, their defense is just on another level right now

Going to be an especially tough game without Jadens defense against their stars. We need Ant to step it up big this game

Pretty impossible game unless Ant goes nuclear. I expect and am extremely excited for a Suns Celtics final

Statement game time!!!

That Boston defense is no joke.

Smart is one of my favorite players in the league, and I think this has been his best season yet. He may wind up winning Defensive Player of the Year, as well.

we have maybe played better overall teams, but we certainly haven't played a hotter team that was playing as well as the Celtics are right now.

Celtics are stupidly good lately, wolves have beat some "stupidly good lately" teams so idk what to expect

gonna be one of the toughest games of the year, so we need ant and dlo to bring it. Mostly hoping for a good competitive game

Boston favored by 6.5🤔   It might be the greatest victory of the season if the Timberwolves pull off a win!

I’ll remind everyone the PG13 is practicing, both the Lakers and Clips staying submerged like crocodiles just waiting to snack on the Wolves in the play in. Let’s stay out of the water.

Massholes. I’m never going back to Boston.

Anybody ever talk about how Celtic fans are the Laker fans of the East Coast? Be nice if we could silence the Baaashtannn faithful

Whoever is singing the national anthem managed to start in one key and wander off into another one. Where do they find these people?

Will they guard Kat with Grant Williams?

DLo is going to have to protect the ball or Marcus Smart will eat his lunch. No lazy passes allowed.

This should be a good game. I find myself really liking this Celtics squad

Remember that talk that Smart could be had at the deadline?

Is there a worse defender than DLo? He is a freaking turnstyle. I hate it.

KAT trying to drive on Tatum isn’t going to turn out well very often.

I am not in the mood to watch D'Lo conduct another brick fest.  (MY NOTE:  D'Angelo Russell was 1-6 for 4 points)

yeah we are very much not on this teams level

We’re just being schooled.

celtics team is full of great defenders: marcus smart, the jays and timelord

Rob Williams is a great help defender around the rim. Vando has to be active and put himself in a spot for open passes if we want to win this game

Well the Celtics seem to know how to exploit the Wolves weaknesses. There are matchup problems aplenty, how is DLo ending up on Tatum so often? The Celtics are playing Williams IIIon Vando and he is coming to the rim on every drive.

Man, they are great on D. I've been hearing it from like everywhere, but I have yet to see a game myself.

Man we ain’t even close to the same level as this team, they’re about to clown us this entire game

Kat needs to exploit a 6 9 center

summing up robert williams as a 6'9 center is underselling his abilities a little bit lol

I’m so tired of DLO playing like garbage. Bad turnovers, can’t shoot, and can’t defend.

NO 1ST QUARTER DOOMERS

That "most 30+ point games by Celtic teammates in one season" graphic is a bit misleading. Not taking anything away from Tatum and Brown, but McHale and Bird also had Parish and DJ as capable scorers on that 86-87 team.  It's not like Grant Williams (who I wish we had) is gonna consistently be able to drop 30 on anyone.

KAT about to get 70 tonight. He is such a matchup nightmare for Boston.

I’m in the building. Boston fans are cool

No one on Boston can guard KAT. If we keep feeding KAT we will win.

Celtics lack a big that can handle KAT.

This forum and it's straight up hostility half way through the first quarter any time we ain't playing perfect... Do you people even enjoy watching basketball?

Holy sh** they’re winning games by a 15 point AVERAGE over 26 games that’s wild

Theis was a guy I thought would be a good complement off the bench for KAT on a (relatively) cheap contract...

Lmfao so they call delay of game, but doesn't call the T on Grant Williams despite him yelling right in the ref's face? Wtf is that?

Celtics are so switchable on D its crazy.

D'Lo is having a negative impact on my quality of life.

DLo is single-handedly sabotaging our effort so far

What can we really expect for $30 million dollars??

Celtics fans having flashbacks with nowell right now

Nowell is a Celtics killer

Pritchard recently had a streak of 10 made threes, I dont think you should give him even 1 inch of space. He will never miss open shot.

They just scored 30 on a team that’s been clamping folks up

Nowell might be a Cs killer but derrick white is a wolves killer 🤦‍�

celtics are stout defensively, d**n

Team seems out of sync. Not sure if just an off day or if Celtics defense causing it.

Celtics announcers keep saying Chad Finch. How can you not know the coaches name?

do Ant and DLo have money on teh Celtics?

The Wolves must have left their brains at the train station.

I think the best defense is to let everyone but Pritchard shoot wide open shot, this guy never misses.

KAT has to play the entire game or we have no chance. Celtics are flat out a better team.

Boston is really really good

If you’re gonna t up naz there why not t up grant Williams before??

Call them the same way on both sides.

We've scored 4 points when they have only 2 good defenders on the floor

dlo getting his lunch taken by payton pritchard man come on

we're so fkn trash man

Celtics are literally the best defensive team in the league. Chill

Nobody wants to be here, we gave up before the game even started

I need a drink this is rough

This team is a f***ing joke. Cool you can beat up on bad or under-manned teams. Cant beat good teams.

We literally just beat the Mavs you f***ing imbecile

How Boston scored 92 on Dallas and on pace to score 140 on us? Im just curious.

Nice flop by that crying b**ch Grant Williams. KAT's gotta put that POS on a poster.

Tatum's out, now's are chance ffs.

Celtics have the best defense and are the hottest team in the league. Why people lose it during these games is beyond me.

as soon as players slump wolves fans are ready for public executions

Story remains the same, can beat up KAT with no fouls and he can't breath on the opponent.

Wow I thought Dave and JimPete were obvious homers, but these Celtics announcers are insufferable.

Smart continuously finding a way to walk in front of the inbound or slow the ball getting to the inbounder is both savvy and infuriating

Celtics look really f***ing good

The ball just keeps bouncing the celtics way.

This one's over.

They don't look like they belong on the same court as the Celtics. Literally looks like a bunch of amateurs playing a Pro team.

Add white to another PG who's >dlo

27-16 rebounds against the team with 6’9 as their tallest player.

Can we go back to playing bad teams?

This Celtics team is really good. Wolves getting out worked.

Edwards needs to rethink on his life choices. Is he a basketball player or a trashcan ball player?

I’m sorry but Finch has been coaching atrociously the last few weeks.

We're 12-4 since the all star break lol. He's been coaching fine

Celtics are incredible, they’ve been doing this to everyone lately

Tatum is god amongst men and the wolves should get on their knees and pay tribute

“How does it feel to be eviscerated?” -the cool Celtics fan next to me

Just getting completely outclassed tonight. It looks clear that we are not on the same level as these guys. I love time lord btw. One of the most underrated players in the game right now.

The tenacity of Boston is impressive. They all seems to want it more than the Timberwolves. We have such an offensive advantage with KAT, and their tenacity has completely negated that.

Not one of the most fun half-time notifications I've received...

So, are the Celtics the best team in the league right now? Their defense is just ridiculously good.

This celtics team is scary as he**.

Boston sleep walking and still beating the Wolves to every 50/50 ball. Might as well start resting guys in anticipation of the play-in

I know the Celtics have done this to better teams than us but they are making me hate our weaknesses a lot more

I think we can all agree that Tatum is more handsome than anyone on our roster. Sad.

I think we should sign 15 ten day contracts, lose every game the rest of the way (because we will still stay in the seventh seed) and then go into the playoffs with our whole roster fully rested. Why not?

I'm going to say that the Twolves are good and having a great season, but Boston is truly a great team with a threat to go to the finals. I feel better now

Down to 21. We back boiiiss

Gotta love Marcus Smart if he was on your team. Dude hustles.

Celtics defense is insane lmao

Gonna have to call this one, celtics are a good a** team i see going far into the playoffs.

that's twice now that the Celtics don't get the ball and the wolves get a delay for it

Screw it. Knock the ball away every play the rest of the way. Let's get that delay of game record.

It's frustrating when someone who looks as dumb as Derrick White outplays your team.

DLo smoked a little too much weed on the plane to Boston.

Celtics are terrifying lmaooo

Boston’s defense is insane but come on Timberwolves, you really allow a team to score 106 in 3 quarters.

I can’t wait for Towns to tell me how they can compete against anyone. Hmm, really, you and your buddies turned the entire last 20 minutes of this game into garbage time.

It's weird how quiet the Garden has been.

This game isn't over btw

Dang this has been a blowout since the 1st quarter

We should just have the celtics and suns play 7 games and see what happens

Does Derek White's hairline go all the way back, or is the sweat band covering up a bunch of his hair?

Rob Williams out rest of game. Get Towns in there and give it a go lol

Outside of Ant looking a bit better in the second half this game has been so depressing

Celtics might win the finals and are playing the best ball of the season, stop acting like it’s the end of the world

Brown and Tatum played same amount of minutes, Brown +2 Tatum +30. Main reason we beat them in December was Tatum not playing.

Boston has definitely outplayed us but their lucky bounces off the rim are happening way too much, and it's driving me insane.

20 points in 4 minutes isn't impossible

KAT can be so fast and explosive attacking the rim on offense, but then when back-pedaling on defense, he has has the agility and grace of a newborn deer.

A lot of times when fans say, "it wasn't as close as the score showed." it's usually a 30-40 point lead cut down with a late garbage time push. This thing has been consistently 20ish points for 3 quarters and :it wasn't as close as the score showed."

celtics acting like they won the finals😭😭

Tatum and Brown are playing against our third stringers, they are padding stats! Another game 7 for them!

Maybe the Celtics can tire out Toronto for us before we play them

For what it's worth, Boston held Utah under 100 the other night, and we can get our special Arby's sandwiches tomorrow.

it's crazy i remember early in the season celtics fans wanted udoka fired

Doogie Hauser lighting us up.

Lost to the #1 seed in the West and the East. I think we will be okay. Boston and the Suns bench are amazingly deep.

Boston has been at the top of East for like 3 seconds of the season. Enough already.

I'm angry I watched and Finch can KMA.  I just can't handle the same old frontrunner crap coach after coach, season after season.   Sell the f***ing team to Seattle already.

dude go to bed and sleep off whatever you're on.

Boston's defense is multiple levels ahead of us. And Brown and Tatum got everything they wanted, whereas Edwards/DLo/KAT were in shackles other than Edwards getting hot from three for a stretch.

With that and with the Suns beating Philly, Boston is now the East's #1 seed (tied record with Miami with head to head tiebreaker)! Incredible turnaround from their early season woes

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down