Celtics Sign Juwan Morgan To Multi-Year Contract

2 posters

Go down

Celtics Sign Juwan Morgan To Multi-Year Contract Empty Celtics Sign Juwan Morgan To Multi-Year Contract

Post by bobheckler Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:09 pm

Boston Celtics @celtics
about 42 minutes ago
Welcome to Boston, @juwanmorgan ☘ pic.twitter.com/rgYxj0oO36

Celtics Sign Juwan Morgan To Multi-Year Contract FP_cWkgXsAIGiHU?format=jpg&name=medium

Keith Smith @KeithSmithNBA
Juwan Morgan’s deal with the Boston Celtics will be a two-year contract, with non-guaranteed salary in the second season, a source tells @celticsblog. – 9:04 PM

Bob
MY NOTE:  He'll make $19K this year, because the year's almost over.  He'll make $1.8M next year, but it's not guaranteed.  That means he can be cut without financial loss, so this is a no problem commitment by Brad.  I don't know when 2022-2023's contract becomes guaranteed, so it's possible he could be included in a trade as a filler and then waived by his new team.  In 2023-2024 he has a Qualifying Offer of $2.27M.  So, that's two more years of control by Brad but still having control over whether he is kept or not.  Very savvy by Brad.  Now Morgan just has to make it work.

25 years old next Sunday.  6'7", 230# and a 7' wingspan.  In other words he's about the same size, maybe 5# heavier, as Jaylen Brown. Has played in a total of 52 NBA games, a total of 312 minutes, in 3 seasons.  A high fg%, 34.8% from 3.  1/3 of his total rebounds are offensive (you know I had to mention that stat!).  

Considering that Ime is committed, at least this season, to a short bench I don't see this as being significant.

Last edited by bobheckler on Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Sign Juwan Morgan To Multi-Year Contract Empty Re: Celtics Sign Juwan Morgan To Multi-Year Contract

Post by Ktron Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:56 pm

Savvy if he turns into something. Not so savvy if he doesn’t.
We’ll have to wait and hope for the best.

Ktron

Back to top Go down