Larry Bird reacts to news of new East finals MVP trophy being named for him

4 posters

Go down

Larry Bird reacts to news of new East finals MVP trophy being named for him Empty Larry Bird reacts to news of new East finals MVP trophy being named for him

Post by gyso Sat May 14, 2022 12:00 am

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/12/nba-boston-celtics-bird-reacts-trophy/

Larry Bird reacts to news of new East finals MVP trophy being named for him Scree105

On Thursday morning, the NBA revealed a new series of awards to be granted to the best individual player and team from each respective conference finals series in each year’s postseason, with Boston Celtics legendary small forward Larry Bird having his name attached to the Eastern Conference Most Valuable Player (MVP) award.

That same day, deputy league commissioner Mark Tatum made a call to a number of interested parties regarding the new series of hardware to be announced to give those people the news their names would be attached to the awards. The Hick From French Lick was on the call, and his reaction, captured on video, was shared by the league on Instagram.

“Thanks, Mark,” said Bird after hearing the news of his honoring the trophy of the conference he won three titles in. “I just wish I could win me one of those Magic Johnson trophies.”

“That would be the highlight of my career,” he joked, poking fun at his career-long rival and friend Earvin “Magic” Johnson.

Click on the link to see short video of Bird

Larry Bird reacts to news of new East finals MVP trophy being named for him Scree106

Back to top Go down

Larry Bird reacts to news of new East finals MVP trophy being named for him Empty Re: Larry Bird reacts to news of new East finals MVP trophy being named for him

Post by dbrown4 Sun May 15, 2022 8:23 am

There's some more incentive to win today.  Can't have the Larry Bird 1st year trophy going to Giannis Antetokounmpo or Jimmy Butler...PLEASE go claim what is yours, Jayson!!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Larry Bird reacts to news of new East finals MVP trophy being named for him Empty Re: Larry Bird reacts to news of new East finals MVP trophy being named for him

Post by NYCelt Sun May 15, 2022 10:07 am

I understand that when the award was announced, Michael Jordan immediately wanted to play Bird in a game of horse for the award and his Big Mac.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Sun May 15, 2022 6:50 pm

NYCelt wrote:I understand that when the award was announced, Michael Jordan immediately wanted to play Bird in a game of horse for the award and his Big Mac.

https://youtu.be/_oACRt-Qp-s
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down