Bucks' Doc Rivers named East coach for All-Star Game

+3
NYCelt
willjr
dboss
7 posters

Go down

Bucks' Doc Rivers named East coach for All-Star Game Empty Bucks' Doc Rivers named East coach for All-Star Game

Post by dboss Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:04 pm

Just maybe the NBA rules governing who gets to coach the Allstar game needs to be changed.

Having an opportunity to coach a collection of allstar players is a privilege that should be earned.  CJ coached last year so the NBA prohibits him from coaching this year.  Why exactly is that?  The Allstar game is suppose to represent excellence.  Each year we want to see the best of the best participants including the coaches.

In a most unusual circumstance, the yoyo master gets to coach the Eastern allstar squad.  He has done nothing to really earn that privilege.  His record with the Bucks is 1-2.  The Bucks record was in fact built by recently fired coach Adrian Griffin.  

At the time he was named, Doc Rivers can only be credited with 1 win!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Bucks' Doc Rivers named East coach for All-Star Game Empty Re: Bucks' Doc Rivers named East coach for All-Star Game

Post by dboss Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:08 pm

to Doc's credit he is not particularly happy about the situation

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/doc_rivers_wanted_to_forfeit_awkward_honor_forced_upon_him_by_nba/s1_127_39913714
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Bucks' Doc Rivers named East coach for All-Star Game Empty Re: Bucks' Doc Rivers named East coach for All-Star Game

Post by willjr Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:27 pm

Classy move by Doc.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:26 pm

I would expect the All-Star coaching selection rules will soon be changed.

Doc is a stand-up guy and made the best gesture he could given the circumstances.

Maybe the NBA should follow the NFL's lead. Play the All-Star game post-season and have a dodgeball match.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:02 pm

Players wouldn't go for that, most are looking forward to the break playing in the game in LV, or on an island somewhere. Rules should be changed, just for this reason. I mean, really? No way he should be named the coach of the East. He did handle it right, I give him that, but should never have been put in that position to start off with
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:54 pm

Don't look now, dboss, but the Bucks are now 1-3 under Doc!  Total collapse last night in Utah.  They were all getting ready to claim the 2024 Championship Trophy going into the 4th quarter with the balloons hanging in the rafters when the implosion of all implosions happened. I LOVE going on the Bucks (or any non-Celtic broadcast) feed where I know the outcome prior, then fast forward and listen to the homer announcers painstaking transition from "we're slaying the Celtics now because we've finally played one possession of good defense in a game" elation to utter we want Coach Mike back!" despair.  Pick it up from about midway through the 3rd period when they were up by 19.  It is GREAT listening and even better, I might add, than a James Harden post-season laydown!

I know, I know.  I'm an ass!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:41 am

I don’t even think Lillard should be on the all star team as a reserve, this trade is only going to get worse. Their best perimeter defender was never replaced on that defense and went to and improved their biggest rival. Steven A insists Giannis was all in on the original deal/proposal. Even I wouldn’t have done that trade….me personally I don’t trust little midget pg’s at his age. There are so many younger better pg’s out there that are all salivating to be defended by him, Brunson, Fox, Haliburton to name a few that all make a greater impact night in and night out. By attacking him on defense continually and any good offensive coach has to do it, making him defend also takes away from his offense.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:50 am

They did this because they thought it would buy them another championship. Short term minds, wait until Lillard gets hurt, they will be in a world of trouble, Giannis will be playing 40 plus minutes a game. I said it a couple of days ago, I just hope Memphis does not get itchy and decide to trade Smart to them. They will get the defense they are missing. Fingers crossed just a few more days Actually, it will be interesting to see what Smart does at the end of the year, he is up for contract
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:54 am

Bucks suck, and tgat's on their management. Philly's chances blew up with Embiid's knee. Now the Knicks and Cavs are our biggest EC concern.
I know we are loaded at center, but I would still like to see us get Drummond to cut down on regular season minutes for Al and Kristaps. I like Luke, but sometimes we just need a big bruiser on the boards.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down