Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Tue May 17, 2022 5:04 pm

We made it to round 3 so let's get to work!

The Heat are an excellent team on both offense and defense.  They run great half court offense while setting multiple screens to free up their shooters.  We have to take away the perimeter from them so that guys like Max Strus do not make a living out there.  Bam plays excellent PNR offense and will not hesitate to attack the rim.  Jimmy Butler has been playing excellent basketball.  The strength of their defense begins and ends with all the zone configurations that they will use.  They will even invert their zone and have two of their bigs up top.  They do not have enough defenders to play us straight up.

We need to get off to a good start in the 1st quarter.  Our team is really special when we make that extra pass.  That will be a big key in that series and look for Al to bust open their zones by facilitating around the foul line.  Tatum can also play that role.  If we protect the ball we can limit their transition offense.

Unlike the Nets and Bucks matchups, there is no unstoppable guy on their team.  I suspect our switch everything defense will be in full effect.

We need to hit them square in the mouth as some as the bell rings.  They are a team that can grind you out.  No lead is too big so we have to play a very consistent and purposeful game.

They have the home court advantage so our first order of business is to take that away from them.

That's means we win tonight.  As of 4:58, the injury report remains unchanged.  Kyle Lowry is out and 4 other guys are Day to Day.  Marcus is questionable with a sore ankle.  Rob was not on the report so I anticipate some PT for him tonight.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by NYCelt Tue May 17, 2022 5:23 pm

Tonight's game may be a battle to see who can get the most from their bench and keep core players out of foul trouble.

Miami has Lowry down and Smart is either out or slowed. If RW3 can go that's a plus, but I certainly wouldn't expect him to be 100% (until maybe October).
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Tue May 17, 2022 7:57 pm

With both Smart and AH out look for Rob and Derrick to play extended minutes.  Also PP should see plenty of run off the bench.

I am still wondering if Nesmith will play.  He has been nothing more than a garbage time guy.

I am feeling good about this game.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down