Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 2 - Pregame Thoughts

4 posters

Go down

Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 2 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 2 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Thu May 19, 2022 1:32 pm

The importance of tonight's game raises the level of anxiety that we may feel because if Miami goes up 2-0, our opportunity to win a 7 game series diminishes greatly.

The Celtics have no one to blame but themselves. They are the ones who have to get back into the thick of things with a win tonight.

Everything begins at the defensive side of the ball.

The Miami offense is triggered by their PNR/pop offense. The Celtics have to figure out when to drop back and when not to.

Jimmy Butler had a tremendous game. I think we need to put Jaylen Brown on him as our primary defender. He is going to get screened up top so do we bring a guy up to cut him off from driving?

I think so. I would bum rush their PNR. We should be less concerned about the roller. We just need to make sure our weak side defenders cut off passes to the rim and close out on the perimeter and hit the defense glass. That is a lot to ask but they should be doing all 3 things anyways. They will have to make smart reads and execute their decisions.

Things could be dicey with White out and Marcus nursing a sore ankle (I expect him to play) Big Al is likely going to miss the game because of the Covid protocols. We need above average games from RW. Theis and Grant.

If they are going to overplay the passing lanes we should have more backdoor action. We also need to do a better job screening so that cleaner passes can be made. Our offense fluttered in game one mainly because we did not adjust to what they were doing. We just need to screen them to death! You cannot really have great ball movement unless guys are also moving simultaneously.

I expect Nesmith and Pritchard to play. It would be great if Aaron could make a shot or 2 and play solid defense during his rotation into the game.

PP really pushes the ball from end to end off the bounce but guys need to run with him.

In this series, like all the other ones, we need Jayson and Jaylen to be on their games. In game 1 they combined for 53 points, 18 rebounds and 9 assists plus 5 steals. The bad part included 9 turnovers, shooting 68% from the charity strip and being average from the field (17/38) and from deep (6/17)

I see a Celtics win tonight.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 2 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 2 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by sinus007 Thu May 19, 2022 2:21 pm

Hi,
I hope Smart will play. Al's upgraded to questionable (per AWoj).
As for Nesmith, I still have hope that someone will convince him to shoot (especially 3pt) without thinking/hesitating. When he doesn't he's "blacklisted" by the opponent, which will be a huge help on offense.
Overall, Celtics just need to stay focused, mentally strong for all 48 minutes.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 2 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts @ Heat - Round 3, Game 2 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dbrown4 Thu May 19, 2022 4:18 pm

It's funny how once there is a chink in the Celtics armor of late (MS out, AH out, DW out), the reaction from the major sports media talking heads is to jump/abandon ship on the Celtics.

I believe they are seriously underestimating what this team can do, especially with it's back against the wall. I repeat this because I heard no one really bring it up anywhere but despite MIA having a great 3rd quarter, they only won by 7 points. With Al and Marcus missing, they should have beat us by 30.

I also don't see Jimmy Butler as anything much different that Giannis. Actually, he's less of a threat. Yet sports media is saying this round is a different animal. It may very well be with MIA having shooters that can score in addition to Butler, but shooting does not carry/travel game to game. Defense does.

This team finds a way to win, regardless of circumstance. Tonight will be another case in point. Tonight, expect a whole game of what we saw in the first half of G1.

BTW, ESPN reporting Al is available for G2!!!

Death is coming to MIA!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 19, 2022 4:48 pm

Good news!

Al will play and Marcus is probable (he'll play too)
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu May 19, 2022 4:56 pm

Yeah, good luck keeping Marcus Smart out of this game. He lives for this game!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 19, 2022 5:29 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I hope Smart will play. Al's upgraded to questionable (per AWoj).
As for Nesmith, I still have hope that someone will convince him to shoot (especially 3pt) without thinking/hesitating. When he doesn't he's "blacklisted" by the opponent, which will be a huge help on offense.
Overall, Celtics just need to stay focused, mentally strong for all 48 minutes.

AK

Sinus007

I have not figured out what ails Nesmith.

Is it a lack if consistency in his shooting mechanics or a problem from the neck up.

Perhaps a combination of both.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Thu May 19, 2022 5:30 pm

Great news! We should be with both: Al and Smart. Looking forward to the game.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down