cowens/oldschool
dbrown4
NYCelt
prakash
gyso
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 4 FINALS - GAME 2 - GOLDEN STATE - AWAY - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 4 FINALS - GAME 2 - GOLDEN STATE - AWAY

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:22 am

Ktron,

Regardless, the fact is we had an opportunity to go in and take two games.  The fact is Boston did not capitalize on that for whatever reason.

I'll agree with the fact that Boston can win the first two games of a series on the road.  I was hoping like everyone else we could pull that off.  But we didn't.  Is Boston capable, good enough and stable enough?  Of course.  But pulling it off when presented the opportunity is another story altogether.  Boston didn't pull it off.  That's the fact, no matter the reason(s).  It's still 1-1.  The ghosts made the trip to the Finals.  They aren't disappearing this series.

I think you and I are looking for and wanting the same thing.  Some consistency between games instead of these wild swings game to game.  We'd both be able to sleep better at night if Boston was steamrolling everyone in sight, every game, every night, no matter who the team is.

Flat out buying what Ime is selling them is another.  I think that's coming.  Not this year/season/playoffs, though.  The funny thing in the playoffs with all the analyzing/debating/back and forth we do here, Boston really only has to do anything one more time than our opponent or get to 4 games first, whichever is quickest!  That's it.  Easier said than done, but it's that simple.  

I believe Boston is capable of finding a way to win when it counts.  We've seen that a ton, otherwise they wouldn't be here in the Finals.  If that means winning the first two games on the road and they absolutely positively have to win those games or their out of the playoffs, they would have found a way to win those two games.  But winning the first two games on the road is a rare occurrence.  It's more of an unexpected gift with no sense of urgency.  And this team as it currently stands does not see winning the first two games on the road as an ultimatum, otherwise they would have taken G2 as well.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 4 FINALS - GAME 2 - GOLDEN STATE - AWAY - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 4 FINALS - GAME 2 - GOLDEN STATE - AWAY

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:38 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:The difference between games 1 and 2 was that the Dubs decided to guard the perimeter.We didn't  adjust by driving into the paint , let diarhhea mouth Green get into our heads, and went back to whinig at the refs. We're a more athletically talented team, but we get reckless and give them points. They scored 33 ppints off turnovers  I'm just glad mr GS Brandon and I went to game 1 instead of game 2. Maintain our composure and we win this thing.

Sums it up well.

Nice to hear you and your grandson had a good time at game 1!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:28 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Ktron,

Regardless, the fact is we had an opportunity to go in and take two games.  The fact is Boston did not capitalize on that for whatever reason.

I'll agree with the fact that Boston can win the first two games of a series on the road.  I was hoping like everyone else we could pull that off.  But we didn't.  Is Boston capable, good enough and stable enough?  Of course.  But pulling it off when presented the opportunity is another story altogether.  Boston didn't pull it off.  That's the fact, no matter the reason(s).  It's still 1-1.  The ghosts made the trip to the Finals.  They aren't disappearing this series.

I think you and I are looking for and wanting the same thing.  Some consistency between games instead of these wild swings game to game.  We'd both be able to sleep better at night if Boston was steamrolling everyone in sight, every game, every night, no matter who the team is.

Flat out buying what Ime is selling them is another.  I think that's coming.  Not this year/season/playoffs, though.  The funny thing in the playoffs with all the analyzing/debating/back and forth we do here, Boston really only has to do anything one more time than our opponent or get to 4 games first, whichever is quickest!  That's it.  Easier said than done, but it's that simple.  

I believe Boston is capable of finding a way to win when it counts.  We've seen that a ton, otherwise they wouldn't be here in the Finals.  If that means winning the first two games on the road and they absolutely positively have to win those games or their out of the playoffs, they would have found a way to win those two games.  But winning the first two games on the road is a rare occurrence.  It's more of an unexpected gift with no sense of urgency.  And this team as it currently stands does not see winning the first two games on the road as an ultimatum, otherwise they would have taken G2 as well.  

db
If we cannot make it this year, next year will be our year. We have a short bench which is missing key positional role players, small forward/power forward, another center to give Al or Rob a rest, and another point guard or shooting guard that can knock down 3's.

Ime will get those come free agency. He knows who's good and he knows who sucks. The bench has to expand to 10 players that are proven seasoned players that know their job and role responsibilities. White is #6, G. Williams #7, 8,9 10?

IME is currently handicapped by a flawed bench. We need a true point guard and a sniper either small forward or shooting guard, and a big PF/C Theis is a bit small for a center but does well in the PF position in providing defense.

My prediction tonight, if they use G Williams to shoot 3's we win. If he is asked to play center, we loose because I do not trust Tatum of Brown as a lock to make 3's consistently in any given game. Besides, Grant plays below the rim!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:19 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Ktron,

db
Db, I agree. We both would love to see the C’s steamroll through. That would be pretty neat but they’re not. I sleep better when we blow teams out which tells you that I ain’t been sleeping well lately.
I really am not concerned whether this team can win 2 straight on the road or a home. I care about us winning 3 more games. Thats all.
Finally, you stated:   

Flat out buying what Ime is selling them is another.  I think that's coming.  Not this year/season/playoffs, though.

I’m selling that. If the players were not buying what Ime is selling, we wouldnt be where we are- the finals!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:23 am

Ktron,

I see what you're saying.  I'm meaning Boston buying what Ime's selling ALL the time.  Not just every other game or after a loss.  Hence my sense of urgency for Boston to win two in a row in this series.  We don't have to as we can win out going win one, lose one for the rest of the series.  I just don't like the remaining game layout with two more potentially in San Fran.  But the Celtics love drama and putting their backs against the wall.  Tatum just stated last night this is where Boston is at its best.  I feel like I'm asking the Celtics to do something they don't want to do at times.  

We're going to figure out how to bridge these back and forth loss/win scenarios over the summer and steamroll the whole season and playoffs BEGINNING next year.  Friday, the Celtics can give the Boston fans a little taste of what's to come by putting 2 stellar games B2B.  The stage is very favorable at home.  That's all I'm asking for.  Cut off the oxygen.  Head of the snake.  Draymond setting the pace and the 3rd quarter.    

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:37 am

It's also funny how the media is always focusing on our third quarters and not GS's fourth quarters or our fourth quarters for that matter.  Wazzupwitdat?  And we're the ones up 2-1!  Media in the tank with GS. Nobody wants the Celtics to win but us.  

db  
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2