bobheckler
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
gyso
prakash
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 4 - FINALS - GAME 6 - GOLDEN STATE - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 4 - FINALS - GAME 6 - GOLDEN STATE - HOME

Post by prakash Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:37 pm

Being an older person with a lot of life experiences behind me, I understand some of the requirements for a leader. But I did not know them when I was younger.

The Celts need a leader? No. But they need a little more development in their leaders. The main leader is unquestionably Jason Tatum and then JB. Basketball does not need a back room leader from players. That is the coaches' job. The game needs a "Com'n lads follow me leader" on the floor. That has to come from your best players.

Leaders don't grow on trees. They need life experiences and they need to experience failure to be able to calibrate the nuances that go into leadership.

Al Horford has experienced a lot of ups and downs in his career, obviously he is more mature. But he is not a leader, never was and is just not good enough to pick up the basketball game fight.

Future Celtics leadership will come from the Js. We don't have a leadership problem.

As for what the Celts need to do in the off season, I prefer to discuss that in a different thread. This one evokes bad memories and I am waiting for it to die down.

prakash

Back to top Go down

POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 4 - FINALS - GAME 6 - GOLDEN STATE - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 4 - FINALS - GAME 6 - GOLDEN STATE - HOME

Post by Ktron Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:00 pm

Leaders are born. They develop over time but they must have that certain IT entwined within them.
I disagree that it has to be your best player. Ideally we’d like it to be but its not a necessity.
True the players need the life experiences and to experience failure but even with that either you are or you’re not. The J’s? Their personalities wont allow it.
This team does have a Leadership issue and unless JT and JB change their personality I seriously doubt that it will one of them.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:12 pm

Ktron wrote:Leaders are born. They develop over time but they must have that certain IT entwined within them.
I disagree that it has to be your best player. Ideally we’d like it to be but its not a necessity.
True the players need the life experiences and to experience failure but even with that either you are or you’re not. The J’s? Their personalities wont allow it.
This team does have a Leadership issue and unless JT and JB change their personality I seriously doubt that it will one of them.

Well, then we just disagree on this point. POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 4 - FINALS - GAME 6 - GOLDEN STATE - HOME - Page 2 1f44d

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:03 am

Ktron wrote:

This is true, and probably the case more often than not, or at least more common than some might realize. I’ll add that this is so on every level of every team sport I can think of.

The Celtics do not have a vacancy in leadership.

The team’s leader is Marcus Smart, with Al Horford appearing to be the voice of longtime veteran calm and reason.

No problem here.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2