Ktron
Matty
dboss
dbrown4
bobheckler
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Danilo Gallinari to Sign With the Celtics Empty Danilo Gallinari to Sign With the Celtics

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:51 am

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 9 minutes ago
Can confirm that Danilo Gallinari plans to sign with the Celtics after clearing waivers, as @Adrian Wojnarowski said.

Bob
MY NOTE: I've never been a huge fan of his, until now because he'll be in green, but this will be interesting. Let's see if Ime can get some defensive religion into him.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Danilo Gallinari to Sign With the Celtics Empty Re: Danilo Gallinari to Sign With the Celtics

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:08 pm

Would he be part of the Fournier TPE or is this something different?

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Danilo Gallinari to Sign With the Celtics Empty Re: Danilo Gallinari to Sign With the Celtics

Post by dboss Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:16 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Would he be part of the Fournier TPE or is this something different?

db

db

Do not think you can use the TPE to sign a player therefore it must be our MLE.. maybe a multi-year deal to sweeten the pot.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:17 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Would he be part of the Fournier TPE or is this something different?

db
 He's supposed to be signing a 2 yr deal from what i see. So most if not all of our MLE so we're looking at a 6.5 million dollar deal- per year
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:18 pm

Or maybe a 1+1 deal
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:19 pm

That seems like a real good bargain for a guy that can still shoot the rock
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:20 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/07/celtics-rumors-2022-danilo-gallinaris-preference-is-to-sign-with-boston-in-free-agency-report.html

Celtics rumors 2022: Danilo Gallinari to sign with Boston in free agency on two-year deal per league source

Updated: Jul. 01, 2022, 12:05 p.m. | Published: Jul. 01, 2022, 11:45 a.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

The Celtics are on verge of making their first big splash of the offseason. League sources confirmed to MassLive Friday that Danilo Gallinari is set to sign with the Celtics once he clears waivers this week. Boston has the ability to offer Gallinari their taxpayer mid-level exception worth $6.5 million. A league source tell MassLive that Gallinari is expected to sign a two-year deal with a player option in year two. Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com was first to report Gallinari’s commitment to Boston.

Gallinari was officially traded on Thursday by the Hawks to the Spurs in a deal for Dejounte Murray. However, his contract was only partially guaranteed so he is going through waivers and should become an unrestricted free agent later this week.

Gallinari is a big upgrade on the perimeter for Boston, averaging 38 percent from 3-point range throughout his career on high volume. In an offense with Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, open looks from long distance would likely be plentiful for him. His defensive limitations could create some challenges for Ime Udoka but he provides some valuable bench scoring if the Celtics are able to sign him officially.

Bob
MY NOTE:  As I suspected and expected, he's a shitty defender.  He started 18 games last year in Atlanta.  I would say that's a good thing until I see that Grant started 21 for us.  If he doesn't find defensive religion he might just end up being a Gerald Green "break glass in case of emergency" player for Ime until Brad can trade him.  We've seen Ime sit players, immediately, when he sees them blowing defensive assignments and rotations.

2021-2022/game
mpg......total minutes......fg%.....3ptfg%.....ft%......reb.......ast.....TO....points......OffRtg....DefRtg
25.3----1672--------------43.4----38.1-------90.4----4.7-----1.5----.6----11.7-------120------117

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:22 pm

facts matter

Danilo had a slightly better defensive rating than....drum roll please...Clint Capela

112.6 vs 113.3
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:22 pm

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 9 minutes ago
League source tells MassLive two-year deal for Danilo Gallinari will include a player option for year 2, worth $13 million total. More on the expected deal:

Bob
MY NOTE:  Not crazy about the player option. I guess that's the concession Brad had to make to offset the higher first year offer from Chicago.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:24 pm

dboss wrote:facts matter

Danilo had a slightly better defensive rating than....drum roll please...Clint Capela

112.6 vs 113.3

DBoss,

Source, please.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:26 pm

bob

I think it is ok to have a shitty defender as long as you surround him with reams and reams of quilted baby soft tissue..

We need a reliable shooter for the bench and he can also play with the Jays as a 3rd dead eye 3 point shot maker.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:27 pm

bobheckler wrote:

112.6 vs 113.3

DBoss,

Source, please.

Bob

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanced/?sort=TEAM_ABBREVIATION&dir=-1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:28 pm

Yuk

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:30 pm

As a defensive minded team, I expect his past defense numbers will improve.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:39 pm

Although defensive and offensive ratings are suppose to isolate an individual's impact per 100 possessions, players around a particular player do in fact impact those ratings.

In any event he is still a plus 3.4 net.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:44 pm

dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

112.6 vs 113.3

DBoss,

Source, please.

Bob

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanced/?sort=TEAM_ABBREVIATION&dir=-1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

DBoss,

There's something screwy about that link.  Right below Gallinari is Andrew Wiggins, which they show as playing for OKC.  Andrew Wiggins has never played for OKC.  They also show Julius Randle and Russell Westbrook with much better DefRtgs than either Gallinari or Capela.  The Knicks and the Lakers were awful defensive teams last year.  The Hawks, while not great, were a better defensive team than either of them.

Your link's glossary defines 'DefRtg' as "Defensive Rating".  That doesn't tell us much, does it?  The basketball-reference.com definition of DefRtg is given as "an estimate of points allowed per 100 possessions".  That will be reflected in both of those players' DefRtg.

Here are my links.  They show Gallinari with a 117 DefRtg and Capela with a 109 DefRtg, which makes more sense to me, especially since they were on the same team and often on the floor together:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gallida01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gallida01.html

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:02 pm

It can't hurt to remember that Gallinari is 6'10", 233#.  I think he plays more like he's 6'7", but he's not. Personally, I'm dubious he'll help us at 4, but he's physically dominating at 3.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:07 pm

I clicked the link back on and had no problem.

This is an NBA advanced metric and the definition is not an 'estimate'

I prefer an exact number per 100 possessions and not an estimate.

The Hawks as a team produced a defensive rating of 113.7 so the def ratings for both of those guys is pretty consistent with that of the team. During the season the Hawks gave up an average of 112.4 PPG
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:21 pm

1. Danilo will love the Italian restaurants in tge North End.
2. Does this mean we won't be able to sign Kyrie?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:45 pm

worcester wrote:1. Danilo will love the Italian restaurants in tge North End.

Not the sexist signing but given our $6.5 million checking account balance to sign a free agent, it could work out for us. Again he is a 38.2% career 3 point shooter and was 38.1% last season
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:01 pm

Hi,
All in all, he's better than Nesmith. So, I'll consider it as improvement.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:39 pm

Danilo Gallinari to Sign With the Celtics Scree336

Danilo Gallinari to Sign With the Celtics Scree337

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:42 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
All in all, he's better than Nesmith. So, I'll consider it as improvement.

AK

exactly
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:52 pm

Gallinari chose the Celtics over more money from Chicago. I like the fact a veteran chose us because he would have a good chance for a ring.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:35 pm

worcester wrote:1. Danilo will love the Italian restaurants in tge North End.
                this post made my day. no Kyrie? oh, noooos
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next