Stephen A Smith and Sean Hannity?

5 posters

Go down

Stephen A Smith and Sean Hannity? Empty Stephen A Smith and Sean Hannity?

Post by Ktron Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:14 pm

Sean Hannity lauds Stephen A. Smith using First Take to advocate for minority hires in sports

"I’ve watched your show enough to know that you have been a very strong advocate to put more minorities in positions...and I agree with you."

Sean Hannity and Stephen A. Smith apparently have a bromance, and they no longer intend to hide it.

In the last two weeks, Smith joined Hannity’s radio and Fox News program on separate occasions, while Hannity also taped an episode of Smith’s recently launched podcast Know Mercy. That means Smith and Hannity have exchanged show appearances more times in the last two weeks than Mike Greenberg hosted his own radio show during any two-week period over the summer.

During Smith’s recent appearance on Hannity’s radio show, the media personalities agreed that they don’t agree on much. But after they talked in circles about Colin Kaepernick’s decision to protest police brutality in 2016, Hannity decided to praise Smith for a topic he agrees with the First Take host about.

“I’ve watched your show enough to know that you have been a very strong advocate to put more minorities in positions on the coaching side of football and other sports and in upper management,” Hannity told Smith at the 15-minute mark in the above clip. “And I agree with you. I absolutely think that some of these organizations have been atrocious in terms of their outreach. There’s so much talent out there.

“I think they’ve gotten the message now, but it’s taken people like you, pointing it out for a long period of time to get that accomplished.”

“Yeah, exactly,” Smith answered. “And I’m not going to stop.”

Hannity’s admission is noteworthy because it doesn’t necessarily fit the narrative other conservative media personalities, such as Clay Travis, have attempted to portray by declaring that the NFL is a meritocracy, despite demographics showing otherwise.

Smith has strongly advocated for more minority coaches and executives to be hired in recent years, specifically in the NFL and NBA. The First Take host even stormed off set in 2021 over his disgust that NBA players haven’t similarly advocated for more Black head coaches and executives. Currently, half of the NBA teams now have Black head coaches, although it’s hard to credit Smith for the recent progress. The NFL, however, has just five teams with minority head coaches.

Brandon Contes

My take:

In 2008 SAS and The Philadelphia Inquirer parted ways. The Inquirer at the time informed SAS that he would no longer be a featured columnist and instead would be relegated to a “Sports Reporter.” SAS was not happy about the news and took a voluntary unpaid leave of absence. SAS never returned from that leave of absence and subsequently was terminated. The Inquirer, according to SAS conducted a smear campaign against him and SAS fought back stating,
“My family always said that your name is all you have and they have tried to destroy it”. I’ll circle back on that point later.

In 2009, SAS was employed by ESPN.  He had his own Sports Talk show “Quite Frankly” and was also hosting a nationally syndicated radio show on ESPN radio. When it came time to renew his contract, ESPN offered SAS less money than he was making at the time. Again SAS was not happy about that and was out at ESPN.

SAS found himself jobless pondering his next move. A rep for SAS contacted a good friend and colleague of mine who was a consultant for 4 radio stations that I previously had worked for. He was asked to meet with SAS and if possible advise him on his next possible move.
During the meeting SAS told the consultant that he was interested in leaving Sports entirely and segue into political news and talk.
The Consultant strongly advised against it and suggested he stay in sports because his awareness level was very high amongst viewers. He then advised SAS to tone his act down because in his opinion he was sounding too much like a Country Preacher.

SAS eventually returned to ESPN in 2011 and has been on the rise ever since. He has a new podcast ”Know Mercy” that just debuted and yes, content will include topics outside of sports as well as topics centered around sports.

If you think back to all of the times SAS found himself in hot water most of it was when he would opine on topics outside of sports. Again something he was advised to stay away from. SAS can’t help himself. He wants to broaden his base. He wants his independence and fully control what he puts out. I applaud his initiative but and in my opinion, this is where he may end up in trouble.

I mentioned earlier where SAS stated that “Name is all you have”. I’m now beginning to wonder if that thought has slipped his mind.
As you read, recently appeared on Sean Hannity’s shows and has had Sean Hannity as his guest as well.

I’ve had my own encounter with Hannity when I worked in Atlanta and he was just emerging as a conservative talk radio host. There are similarities with what Hannity is attempting to do now. I’lll save that for another time.

I don’t think it matters that both admitted on podcasts that they don’t agree on everything. The perception of SAS hitching up with Hannity in my opinion will help Hannity and not so much Smith. In fact its obvious that he’s yanking SAS’ chain. Smith is smart enough to know that at least I thought he was.

Smith has mass appeal and really doesn’t need Hannity to plug his podcast. Hannity does not. Hannity admittedly focuses his shows to appeal to the average family in Oklahoma. Hannity also aligns himself with the far right and has been known to lie on more than one occasion. Hannity blasted Colin Kaepernick for kneeling and here he’s agreeing with SAS concerning the hiring of more Black coaches in the NFL. I don’t buy his act but it appears that either SAS is buying or that its really not that important to him

I don’t think this was a smart move on Smith’s behalf. I don’t see anywhere he has anything to gain from it.
Sometimes money and the thought of even more money can change a person’s value in life. Even to the point of selling their soul.

So, this “bromance” doesn’t really surprise me. Anyone who is willing to sell whats left of their soul for fame and money will perform circus acts like this and not think twice about ramifications. The winner here is the Ringmaster , Hannity. The loser here is the Ass Clown, Smith.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Stephen A Smith and Sean Hannity? Empty Re: Stephen A Smith and Sean Hannity?

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:42 pm

I give them 5 pukes,  on a scale of 1 to three. Four and a half of them go to Hannity.

Last edited by jrleftfoot on Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:32 pm

I give them 5 pukes, on a scale of 1 to 3 . Four and a half of them go to Hannity.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:10 am

The Peter Principle comes to mind.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:30 am

5 pukes on a scale of 1-3 LOL

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:20 am

We live in a world where he who speaks the loudest and the most is perceived to be the most correct and righteous.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:21 am

bobheckler wrote:We live in a world where he who speaks the loudest and the most is perceived to be the most correct and righteous.

Bob

You got that right.

My father taught me that I was given two ears and one mouth, use them in that proportion.

It seems that not many go by that adage today.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:31 pm

NYCelt wrote:
bobheckler wrote:We live in a world where he who speaks the loudest and the most is perceived to be the most correct and righteous.

Bob

You got that right.

My father taught me that I was given two ears and one mouth, use them in that proportion.

It seems that not many go by that adage today.
                                                                                                            my pops told me that whatever he said was , by definition, correct
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down