Huge Stretch This Week

+2
bobheckler
dbrown4
6 posters

Go down

Huge Stretch This Week Empty Huge Stretch This Week

Post by dbrown4 Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:41 am

Well if we had any questions about our team at this juncture in the season, all will be answered by midnight Friday.  @CHI Monday, vs. DAL Wednesday and vs. SAC Friday.  

For me, Monday is a revenge game for one of our losses at the beginning of the season.  If we haven't corrected all things that went wrong in that game and beat the $@%^(# out of CHI on Monday, we haven't come as far as we think we have.

Next two games after that are against teams that are +.500.  I'm more worried about the SAC game than the DAL game, although DAL has had our number, especially last season if I remember correctly.  Mike Brown has those guys at SAC playing very well.  Good for him.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving coach and individual and franchise for that matter.  I can't make my usual cellar-dwelling, NBA life ends in SAC comments I've always been free and able to correctly state and assess for all of my life.  Watch out for this team. They look a lot like we do sans the defense.

As usual, I' don't know what to expect from DAL.  Yes they have Luka but we know how to shut down KD, we'll know how to shut down Luka.  You just cut off the head of the snake...I know, easier said than done.

It should be a very telling week for us.  Hopefully MS will be back.  We'll need all hands on deck.  So far, no team has figured out a way to stop a steamroller other than to just get out of the way or have your legs fail you after 3 quarters of running around like chickens with their head cut off chasing us down from missed communications on multiple switches only to see another uncontested practice 3 swish the nets or an uncontested dunk from trying to follow multiple passes around the horn.  

Good news!  MS is now Day-To-Day!!  Alright.  Roll 'em!!

Insight(s) always welcome!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Huge Stretch This Week Empty Re: Huge Stretch This Week

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:18 pm

Perhaps a bigger game this week is Monday's Portland @ Milwaukee game.  Portland @ Cleveland on Wednesday is pretty big too. A Portland win in Cream City and a loss in Ohio would be perfect.

Sacto is on a (mostly) East Coast road trip that starts Tuesday and doesn't end until Friday.  They play 3 games (Memphis, Atlanta, Boston) in those 4 days.  That's pretty grueling, and we're the last game of those 3.  Then, when they get home they face Phoenix on Monday.  So, 4 games in 6 days.  Their tails will be dragging. Hopefully they'll be ready to mail in the game against us because they want to look good before their home crowd.

Dallas plays Denver @ home today and then fly to Boston for a Wednesday game.  Hopefully jet lag is real, although it didn't affect me much when I was in my 20s (and I didn't fly charter with stretch seats).

The Bulls are on a 4 game losing streak.  They'll be feisty, we'll be feistier because we're feeling it and they're looking for it.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:23 pm

Game 2 of this week's trifecta is upon us after literally dropping the ball on Monday night.  Let's hope for an awakening of sorts so we're not looking at ourselves going into Thanksgiving with WTF expressions on our faces calling for the nuclear option across the organization.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:22 am

Well, I'm pleased with the results this week!! Wish we could have taking CHI out but 11-1 still ain't bad!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:24 pm

Bobby Manning @RealBobManning
about 10 minutes ago
Marcus Smart in November: 11.8 PPG 3.1 RPG 7.6 APG 2.2 TOV 46.8% FG 38.5% 3PT 85% FT

Bob
MY NOTE:  When he plays like this we are almost unbeatable.  In fact, with just 2 games left in November (Charlotte and Miami) our record in November is 12-2.  A 114-113 OT loss in Cleveland and that anomaly in Chicago last week are all our losses in November so far.  Even if we lose both of these last two games (I don't think we will, but worst case scenario...) we will still have gone 12-4 in November.  .750 ball, and that's pretty good.  How good?  There is no team in the league that has a .750 W-L record, Milwaukee is closest @ .737 (14-5).  Our record is currently .800 (16-4), so even if we lose the next two we will still have had a better November than every other team's season-to-date.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:34 pm

And now we are 17-4 overall and 13-2 in November so far. Not too shabby.
The 2007-8 Celtics finished 13-2 for the month of November, 2007.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:12 am

And we've got one more game in November on Wednesday!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:37 pm

These next eight games are going to be interesting. Heat (Wednesday) , Heat (Friday)-both at home, then back to back road games Sunday in Brooklyn, and then Monday in Toronto. Then off to the west coast Phoenix (next Wednesday), Warriors (Saturday), then a back to back with the LA teams the following Monday and Tuesday. First Clippers, then Lakers.

Now that's a tough stretch of games. The schedule maker was not kind to us.

How does everyone think we will do? I'm thinking 5-3.

Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:42 pm

5-3 would be an accomplishment. 6-2 would be terrific.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:02 pm

That's a safe bet, C17. We are probably going to be a little high on ourselves coming into Wednesday and Friday's game. If that team continues to show up for this 8-game stint, then we'll go 10-0.

I don't see any team we should fear on there except maybe PHX. I'd say maybe BKN but we shut KD down in the playoffs and made him look like a rookie. Head of the snake mentality but we're also under a different coach now. I believe that was without RWIII as well. Maybe a split with the Heat.

While I really want to say 8-0, I'll go with 6-2 just to hedge.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:42 pm

Brooklyn, Phoenix, and Warriors will all be challenging games.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:03 am

Well, if our United Bricklayers Union shows up for more than one of/any of these 8 games, then we have a problem. But we thought DAL was going to give us a run and we punched them in the mouth.

It's the GSW bench we need to worry about. They need a taste of their own medicine they've been doling out for the last 8 years. Injuries and causes outside the game will continue to hover over BKN like a bad storm until the nuke button is finally and mercilessly pushed. PHX maybe. I know I know better but I think we can pull this off without a blemish. I'll wait for dboss' take. He's usually right on the money.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:54 am

May I remind everybody how we were all projecting the Celtics would be around .500, maybe a little over, until RWill came back?  How we were just hoping to hang in there, with a tough early season schedule, and just try and break even until then?  As far as I'm concerned we're playing with house money now. A LOT of house money.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:03 am

bobheckler wrote:May I remind everybody how we were all projecting the Celtics would be around .500, maybe a little over, until RWill came back?  How we were just hoping to hang in there, with a tough early season schedule, and just try and break even until then?  As far as I'm concerned we're playing with house money now.  A LOT of house money.

Bob

We as fans have been plagued by unfulfilled expectations with prior manifestations of this team, so it may be natural to act a little snake-bit when making predictions this time around.  Losing Gallinari and RWill to surgery and then with the coaching cluster-fork, who could predict this level of change, both in offense and defense.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear . . .

Huge Stretch This Week Green_22

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:21 am

I'm pretty sure the rest of the league is waiting/hoping for our other shoe to drop. Unfortunately for them, we're all are out of shoes! Time for the rest of the league to pony up. Injuries, FO eff up's, wackadoodle players, personnel and haters...We've given all we've got. What we have now is what we have left after all our crapola that has been heaped upon us either from the outside or self-inflicted.

Let's see how we take all it out on the Heat tonight.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:54 am

bobheckler wrote:May I remind everybody how we were all projecting the Celtics would be around .500, maybe a little over, until RWill came back?  How we were just hoping to hang in there, with a tough early season schedule, and just try and break even until then?  As far as I'm concerned we're playing with house money now.  A LOT of house money.

Bob

around .500?

not me

this was my vote and what i had to say

62 games.

2-0 verses Lakers
Ohio state 45- michigan 9"

sadly i was wrong about the Ohio State VS Bitchagain score but i'm feeling rather good about everything else.

Huge Stretch This Week 43-54
Matty

Huge Stretch This Week Icon_user_profile Huge Stretch This Week Icon_contact_pm
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down