dbrown4
hawksnestbeach
cowens/oldschool
9 posters

Go down

BAD BEATDOWN BY THUNDER Empty BAD BEATDOWN BY THUNDER

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:45 pm

Crisis?

Al was invisible, RWill was out and Kornet is not the long term answer. We didn’t address this issue the off-season. Still need centers to compete, 2 and 2 is not going to cut it, and I love Al. So we got killed in every way possible, our defense was non existent and that’s being kind. Coach Joe looks in over his head since the Suns game, we got beat to every loose ball, did I mention the defense? How did they dunk on us non stop like that? Well things could be worse, glad Zion is not our franchise superstar. Tatum in a terrible funk last 2 games.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

BAD BEATDOWN BY THUNDER Empty Re: BAD BEATDOWN BY THUNDER

Post by hawksnestbeach Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:47 am

Same old problem, Celtics need a center. Al got beat badly and often, White was targeted, team got tight and 3s wouldn’t drop. Our defense collapsed to plug the middle, gave their shooters open looks. RW might have made a difference, but Luke looks increasingly overwhelmed on D and has little O. Blake is too little too late, as a center. Kudos to Brown. Maybe when you’re getting killed inside, you need to play bigger tougher players? Totally imho. hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:00 am

All my "favorite" phrases. Lather.Rinse.Repeat. 2nd Verse Same As The First. Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.

This is going to make posting very easy. Someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee in Beantown before the door slams shut on Banner 18 for this season. That's about where things are, like it or not. This team right here right now won't make it out of the first round.

Amen.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:00 am

After the game I had to call ktron to blow off some steam!

This was a beat down for the ages.  I would call this one a trap game except we have been seeing a disturbing pattern of recent losses.

Any team that relies on outscoring their opponents often become indifferent to playing both sides of the ball.

How many turnovers that resulted in run outs did we see last night?  The Celtics were sloppy with the basketball (17 turnovers) and they made little to no effort to get back on defense as we gave up 18 freakin points on turnovers.

Our guys could not cover their assignments.  The number of baskets that OKC scored off the bounce and at the rim was appalling.  

We did not play a lick of defense and we let them go 20-40 from deep.
They had 5 players that scored 20 points or more and they has not happened since I was in HS.

When you get smashed around by a bottom feeder something is definitely broken.

The Celtics went into this game mentally unprepared.  What the hell were they thinking?

It takes way more than the Jays to win games.  They scored 56 points but we did not get anything out of our center position and as I have said over and over again you have to play defense. Al Horford is a great guy but he is no longer an everyday productive center.  His 2 points and 2 rebounds was pathetic.  The need to add a center remains.  

I do not believe in self-correction.  Average players, good players and great players need to be coached up.  Even the greatest offensive team ever (What a joke) needs to be coached up.

The jury is still out on CJ.  I have more doubts that he is ready to lead this team.  The kid just got his driver license and he probably would be more suited for the clunker and not the $100k Benz.   I listened to his post game comments and he seems overwhelmed.   

Brad cannot be happy with what he saw last night.  Maybe it is time to get to work and add another big and another shooter.  How those additions could be utilized remains in doubt.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:11 am

Has Ime Uoka been punished enough? He lost his job and lost his family. Did Brad lose his number? Have the Celtic players lost all respect for Ime as a coach? Would this be a better team defensively if we had Ime back coaching? GSW completely overlooked Draymond smacking a teammate in the mouth. Would the Celtics be better off now if we forgave Ime his transgression and brought him back into the fold of the flock? This team needs a shepherd, and it ain't Jesus.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:52 am

Well Ime is gone for the rest of the season.

The big decision will come after the season.  Will CJ become the head coach or become our former interim coach?

I sure hope we do not have to go through a disappointing season.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:44 am

This was a complete embarrassment. Had trouble sleeping after the game. Tatum must have gambled for steals at least 4 times and got burned every time. There was no helping on defense, they just did whatever they wanted. The turnovers were all bad ones that resulted in easy baskets. I could say more, but everyone saw this debacle so no reason to rehash.

The first thing I would do if I was coach Joe (and others have said this) is start Rob Williams with last years starters. We have to come out of the gate better. I know Luke Kornet did some nice things during the year, but he really is overmatched every time he takes the court. Please play Blake in that role.

I too worry that maybe Coach Joe is in above his head. I think he is a bright young coach, but a game like this one is inexcusable. The thing is we are going to find out very soon if he has what it takes because they have to bounce back now. The upcoming schedule is tough and there are a lot of teams on our heels.

Lastly, and maybe I'm just being grouchy from last night game, but in addition to hating Scal's commentary I hate Sean Grande too. Neither add anything insightful or entertaining to the broadcast. Ktron is right on.

Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:15 am

Horrible performance by “Our Guys” Simply horrible.
Dboss and I vented for over an hour over this travesty.
Horrible!

On another note:
Who/and what else was Horrible?-

I’ve been watching this particular official for a few years now. (Her Husband is also an NBA official).
She too is horrible. Not just because of her tossing Smart. It’s because she is a Horrible “Official” that is operating on her very own Cheat Code with immunity.

Not anymore!

As of 12:01am this morning, Lauren Holtkamp has now entered my War Criminal Hall of Shame. (Draymond has your welcome package)
Her only hope of being removed from my Hall of Shame is to resign immediately! Now! Pronto!!

BAD BEATDOWN BY THUNDER 507f2f10

Shame on you.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:05 pm

Fans do not pay big bucks for the refs to throw players out of games.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:41 pm

I will not use the ref’s as an excuse for this debacle but……I have to tell you, in the first quarter, Marcus got racked, Tatum hacked to bits, and Marcus looked at her with a look, she kept baiting him, like he was a nobody. This is not the first time this woman has ref’d one of our games. LEARN THE DAMN GAME if you are going to do pro ball. Again, the celtics were disgusting, but this worman was just as bad

Now, I have one thing more to say………I love the Boston Celtics…..last night I was embarrassed for them. This young upstart team, at the bottom of the league in wins, made the team I love look like they did not give a crap about that game and thought they could just turn it on at some point and win. This is a disgusting habit they have with teams that are not as good as them. They are playing a dangerous game, and are going to get burned more and more unless they kick themselves in the ass and start playing the way they are capable. As I said last night, Luca is waiting for you Jaylen……and Brooklyn is right down the list, dying to wipe the floor with you. Wake up before you are the bottom dwellers and no longer playing together
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:05 pm

I don’t like to lose but I'm realistic enough to know that over an 82 game season, we will lose some games that we should have won-easily.

Last night was one of them. No, i take that back. Last night wasn't a game it was a beat down house of slaughter from a bottom feeder without their star player.
Jaylen said “they had it coming to them”. He was right and appeared to be the only player on his game.
I still hold faith that our guys can turn this around but I cannot say the same for Coach Joe. Sorry. I just don’t trust that he has the tools to get it done. Especially when Playoff time comes around.
Joe, if you’re going to continue to “let them figure it out” then take off your ski mask, cancel your automatic deposit account that Wyc has been using to pay you, hand over the keys and get to stepping. You are telling us that they don't need you. They do and after last night I pray that you have now figured it out and know that they do need you-or another coach that can coach and help our guys figure it out.

Now, as for my Freshman War Criminal, Lauren Holtkamp’s latest crimes, I'm hoping that her Husband Jonathan Sterling, a pretty decent NBA official in his own right loves the game so much that he considers administering additional punishment on his convicted spouse.
I’m hoping that he stuffs all of her personal belongings into an empty box of Tide, changes the locks on every door of the house and places her “stuff” on the doorstep for her to retrieve when she returns from her final road trip as an NBA official.
Lauren, Draymond awaits and Scal may be joining you soon.
You’ve been ordered to stay away from anything that involves a ball or a whistle.
What a disgrace!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:20 am

MIL experienced a beatdown earlier this season vs. Memphis.  Wouldn't call MEM an upstart but it was a wake up call for MIL.  MIL survived it.  Just like we will.  We have the talent.  We've seen it and have seen it for an extended time.  And it looks pretty awesome when fully operational.  Even not fully operational sans Williams and whatever restrictions he is on.  

I'm less likely to blame the coach and more the players.  If you think about early in life and when you were on a sports team of some kind, the coach was like both a father and a mother to you.  They were in your business quite a lot helping you learn whatever it was you were doing.  

When you become professional and you work for the man or the woman, they aren't in your business as much if at all.  They are more of a mentor.  I hate to use this example but like it or not I envision a Phil Jackson.  Mostly quiet and on the bench.  Occasionally he gets up and yells (whistles) out a play or yells at the ref.  But for the most part, the players play and figure it out.  The players execute.  Phil Jackson knew how to coach professionals with big egos.  He's matched or exceeded Red in the "combo" championships, I can't remember.  So he knows what he's doing.    

If we're going to make a change in coaches, we better do that sooner rather than later.  Coaches make their big play in the playoffs and mainly the Finals.  Ktron mentions this above.  It's still mostly the players executing but the coach is the secret sauce holding the team together.  

The refs we can't do anything about except play in their sandbox.  We can present our case, every play if we like like LeBron, but arguing with the refs as far as I can see produces nothing.  That's why the league has taken 75 years to offer teams up one challenge/review to their calls.  Brad has confidence in him and until further notice, CJ's the coach.

The Nets finally lost last night to one of the numerous sub .500 teams they've been whipping up on to go 12-0.  Thank you CHI.  If it wasn't going to be you, we were going to take care of that.  That will keep BKN at bay and humble for the time being.  For us, it gives the Celtics a chance to catch their collective breaths before heading into DAL tonight.

I know we beat this old maxim to a pulp, but this year any team really can beat any other team on any given night. It just seems like there are more crazy results this year in particular. Something's in the water for sure.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:42 am

We are gonna find out real soon if this Jeckyl and Hyde team peaked too soon and if this coach can actually coach at this level.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:56 pm

dbrown4 wrote:MIL experienced a beatdown earlier this season vs. Memphis.  Wouldn't call MEM an upstart but it was a wake up call for MIL.  MIL survived it.  Just like we will.  We have the talent.  We've seen it and have seen it for an extended time.  And it looks pretty awesome when fully operational.  Even not fully operational sans Williams and whatever restrictions he is on.  

I'm less likely to blame the coach and more the players.  If you think about early in life and when you were on a sports team of some kind, the coach was like both a father and a mother to you.  They were in your business quite a lot helping you learn whatever it was you were doing.  

When you become professional and you work for the man or the woman, they aren't in your business as much if at all.  They are more of a mentor.  I hate to use this example but like it or not I envision a Phil Jackson.  Mostly quiet and on the bench.  Occasionally he gets up and yells (whistles) out a play or yells at the ref.  But for the most part, the players play and figure it out.  The players execute.  Phil Jackson knew how to coach professionals with big egos.  He's matched or exceeded Red in the "combo" championships, I can't remember.  So he knows what he's doing.    

If we're going to make a change in coaches, we better do that sooner rather than later.  Coaches make their big play in the playoffs and mainly the Finals.  Ktron mentions this above.  It's still mostly the players executing but the coach is the secret sauce holding the team together.  

The refs we can't do anything about except play in their sandbox.  We can present our case, every play if we like like LeBron, but arguing with the refs as far as I can see produces nothing.  That's why the league has taken 75 years to offer teams up one challenge/review to their calls.  Brad has confidence in him and until further notice, CJ's the coach.

The Nets finally lost last night to one of the numerous sub .500 teams they've been whipping up on to go 12-0.  Thank you CHI.  If it wasn't going to be you, we were going to take care of that.  That will keep BKN at bay and humble for the time being.  For us, it gives the Celtics a chance to catch their collective breaths before heading into DAL tonight.

I know we beat this old maxim to a pulp, but this year any team really can beat any other team on any given night.  It just seems like there are more crazy results this year in particular.  Something's in the water for sure.  

db

db,
I put some of the blame on the players too but I think you're minimizing the impact that a good coach has on his players.

Phil Jackson is not a very example. He took over both teams laden with seasoned vets. In Chicago it took a minute for him to prove himself but from then on his presence was heavily felt amongst his players.
He could afford to sit and not call timeouts because of who he was coaching and the cache’ that was attached.

Joe is nowhere near the territory where you can ”let them figure it out”. He clearly hasn't and the only saving grace here is that the main core has been together for awhile. Yes, they're vets but their coach is not. They're young vets and Coach Joe is a young coach that has to gain trust from the players, the front office and the fans. It ain’t gonna be handed to him. He has to demand it by proving he’s capable. Brad can say “He’s our man” all he wants but Brad doesn't control the purse strings. He also doesn't want to coach this team.

These players know it and I'm a firm believer that players want to be coached. There is no doubt in my mind that every player in every sport needs a coach. Joe should know this and letting “them play through it” is not gaining him more respect.

We’ve seen the best of this team early on and there is no reason why we wont see them play at that level again. I’m confident that they will because they’ve done it and our coach has been a part of it.
I’m still not feeling very confident when it comes to Coach Joe and I would love for him to prove me wrong. That there’s nothing to worry about. I’ll continue to wait not so patiently, but I’ll wait. I/we have no choice.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:42 am

I haven't been around for a while, not even lurking, but I've watched most of the games. Fortunately, I missed this one. Frankly, I think the coach bashing is over the top.Is he suddenly a better coach because we beat down the Mavs? I don't think a coach should be evaluated on a game by game basis. We have the best record in the league with Mazulla.Where were we last season, at this time with Udoka? Was everybody calling for his head?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:32 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I haven't been around for a while, not even lurking, but I've watched most of the games. Fortunately, I missed this one. Frankly, I think the coach bashing is over the top.Is he suddenly a better coach because we beat down  the Mavs? I don't think a coach should be evaluated on a game by game basis. We have the best record in the league with Mazulla.Where were we last season, at this time with Udoka? Was everybody calling for his head?

Not everyone but there were plenty..

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down