Jaylen Brown an All Star Empty Jaylen Brown an All Star

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:04 pm

Good for him he has worked hard to get this honor
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Brown an All Star Empty Re: Jaylen Brown an All Star

Post by worcester Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:35 pm

Finally! This will allow the Celts a chance to give Jaylen's contract a big boost.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:21 pm

Well deserved.  He should have been an All-Star at least one more time but...

Interesting that the announcement of his ascendency came 24-48 hours after Joe Mazzulla was named the All-Star team's coach.  Coincidence?  Only if you believe in them.

Normally my position would be that I'd rather have our guys rest during that week and get ready for the playoff push.  This year, though, is our year and having more acknowledged stars on our team will help us with the reffing in the playoffs.  That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

As far as Jaylen's contract goes I've had no doubt that Wyc will do whatever it takes to keep Jaylen.  If this makes Jaylen a max contract guy then there it is.  This All-Star berth might be a difference-maker in how much Jaylen gets from Wyc but I don't think it was the difference between keeping him or not.  If Jaylen wants to be here he'll be here because the only way Wyc, Pags and Brad will give him up is if you pry him out of their cold, dead fingers.

Even better, now we have two players in the locker room at the All-Star game schmoozing other great players about what a great team and practice facility and organization we have. They'll get to see the Js interact with their coaches at the ASG and see how well they work and play together. All good for recruiting. Remember IT at the ASG and how he recruited Big Al? Now we've got two.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:38 pm

Somehow I remember that a player must be an All Star to get the MAX extension under the CBA rules.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:50 pm

worcester wrote:Somehow I remember that a player must be an All Star to get the MAX extension under the CBA rules.

Worcester,

I think you're referring to a SUPER MAX EXTENSION. For that you need to be named to an All-NBA team and/or named DPOY and/or named MVP. That makes Smart more eligible for a super max than Jaylen. An All-Star is not the same thing as All-NBA.

This article describes the milestones the player must achieve to qualify for such an extension and specifically talks about Jaylen.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/08/super-max-candidates-to-watch-in-2022-23.html#:~:text=The%20performance%20criteria%20is%20as,the%20three%20most%20recent%20seasons.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down