It was reported that 10% of the league players have changed teams.

Go down

It was reported that 10% of the league players have changed teams. Empty It was reported that 10% of the league players have changed teams.

Post by dboss Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:24 pm

EC trades and additions.

I will miss some of these so please feel free to add any that I may have missed.  I am ranking them  numerically with 1 being the best.  One of the things that I considered is team needs. Go ahead and share your thoughts about my rankings.  Go ahead and change any that you want to.  I am not ranking the western conference.

#1.  Nets   -  they knew that having Kyrie and Durant did not guarantee them a trip to the finals.  They made the most of a very disappointing era and now have solid talent and plenty of draft assets to improve their team down the road.  No team was going to part with an allstar.

#2 Raptors - They added a quality staring center that fills that big hole in the middle. They parted with one of a hundred of their long athletic forwards.  Anytime you add a starter to the mix and do not have to give up too much, it is a great trade for the team.

#3 Bucks -  Contender adds a top 8 rotation guy with playoff experience  in Jae Crowder.

#4 Hawks - Adding Bey was a corrective move after moving Huerter and Reddish (last year)

#5 Knicks - added more guard depth in Hart.

#6 Sixers - added a long athletic forward to the mix.  I still think that they could use more outside shooting.

#7 Celtics -  More depth at the stretch 4/5 spots makes a deep team even deeper.  It was a low cost transaction. (Muscala)  The Celtics are not in need of a major move.  

#8 Heat -  Getting Love after his  buyout is good but what about their center depth?

#9 Cavs - did not address their need to add a SF.

Trade Summaries

Raptors receive:
• Jakob Poeltl
Spurs receive:
• Khem Birch
• 2024 first-round pick
• 2023 second-round pick
• 2025 second-round pick
The Raptors needed a quality center and they got one in Poeltl.  They still have not addressed their 3 point shooting (27th) and their PG depth

Knicks receive:
• Josh Hart
In return, New York is sending Cam Reddish, Ryan Arcidiacono, Svi Mykhailiuk and a protected 2023 first-round pick to Portland, sources say. The lottery-protected pick turns into four future second-round picks if not conveyed this year.  Coach Thib refused to play Cam.  Hart should help but he is not a top of the line shooter from deep that that needed.  (23rd)

Hawks
• Saddiq Bey
Sending Detroit a 2023 second-round draft pick (the second-most favorable of Atlanta, Brooklyn, and Charlotte), its own 2024 second-round draft pick (provided such pick is among 31-55 in the 2024 NBA Draft) and its own 2025 second round.  The Hawks needed a 3 and D guy and they have found one in Bey.    This was a solid trade to get the 23 year old 6' 7" Bey.  Unfortunately their biggest issue begins and ends with Trey Young and his inability to defend his position or anyone elses.
Hawks receive:
• Bruno Fernando
• Garrison Mathews
Rockets receive:
• Justin Holiday
• Frank Kaminsky
• 2024 second-round pick
• 2025 second-round pick (from Oklahoma City)
Bruno back with the Hawks.

Heat get:
• Cash considerations
Spurs get:
• Dewayne Dedmon
• 2028 second-round pick
Question mark beside center depth?

Mavericks get:
• Kyrie Irving
• Markieff Morris
Nets get:
• Spencer Dinwiddie
• Dorian Finney-Smith
• 2029 first-round pick
• Two future second-round picks
Suns receive:
• Kevin Durant
• TJ Warren
Nets receive:
• Mikal Bridges
• Cameron Johnson
• Juan Pablo Vaulet
• 2023 first-round pick (from Phoenix)
• 2025 first-round pick (from Phoenix)
• 2027 first-round pick (from Phoenix)
• 2028 first-round pick swap (from Phoenix)
• 2028 second-round pick (from Milwaukee)
• 2029 first-round pick (from Phoenix
• 2029 second-round pick (from Milwaukee)

The Nets ended up with several starter level players.  They should be competitive.  With all the assets obtained by moving both Irving and Durant they should be able to add a star or 2.

Bucks receive:

• Jae Crowder
Pacers receive:
• George Hill
• Serge Ibaka
• Jordan Nwora
• 3 future second-round picks (from Milwaukee)
• Cash considerations (from Brooklyn)

I guess the Bucks plan on resigning Jae.  He is a solid addition for a team in need of another wing/3 and D guy.

76ers receive:
• Jalen McDaniels
• 2024 second-round pick (from Charlotte)
• 2029 second-round pick (from Portland)
Hornets receive:
• Svi Mykhailiuk
• 2023 second-round pick (from Philadelphia)
• 2027 second-round pick (from Portland)

He gives the Sixers more depth at the 3/4 spots.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down