sinus007
7 posters

Go down

It's never too early Empty It's never too early

Post by sinus007 Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi,
PJ started psy wars early this season:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-jackson
or, maybe, he has something personal against Van Gundys.

I wonder who will be his target on the Celtics roster this season?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

It's never too early Empty Re: It's never too early

Post by jeb Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:29 pm

what a choad
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:36 am

Is there a bigger ass in professional sports?

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:38 pm

If I may respectfully offer an outside opinion...

I know you guys can't stand Phil because he's always been with rival teams, but Red used to do this kind of stuff all the time. Messing with the Heat's head is just idle sport and a way to gain a competitive advantage, however small. The fact that he can poke the Heat and SVG at the same time is a bonus. The fact that SVG reacted the way he did proves these things work. Red knew that well.

After all, Phil said what a lot of people were thinking (and people here have posted). It's not that big a deal. You've got a lot better reasons than this to dislike the guy.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:47 pm

If Phil was wrong to make these comments, then why is it ok for a rival coach (SVG) to comment on a rival coach (PJ) who was commenting on a rival coach (ES)?
Should Jerry Sloan comment about what SVG said about Phil who commented on Spolestra? C'mon...
If Doc made these comments, 100% of the people here would have agreed with him, but since Phil said it, he gets blasted.
The PJ bashing is laughable.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Most of us hate um, bottom line. He's bout as arogant a twep as there has ever been. Such a smug. Laugh all u want TJ your slant is that of a Laker, and this is a C's board. And dont be so sure about the 100 % crap too. Doc has a bit more class than that, speculation on something that isn't going to happen. That's laughable.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:08 pm

TJ, I don't know that I'd use the word "laughable." It really is understandable for Celtic fans to dislike him, considering the history all the way back to when he played for the Knicks. He can be a polarizing figure regardless of where your allegiances lie, he's the coach of a hated rival, and the number of titles he's won has led some people to call him the greatest NBA coach ever, which is an affront to Celtic fans who consider Red's accomplishments far greater. My perception is that most Celtic fans hate Phil on principle, for all those reasons and more, so I'd be surprised if there wasn't Phil-bashing around here. Due to the nature of posters here, it really doesn't come up all that often.

I usually don't pay any attention to posts about Phil since there's nothing wrong with folks venting a little bile in his direction. In this case, I was only pointing out that getting under the skin of an opponent has a long tradition on the Celtic side of the ball as well and that I didn't think Phil's comments were all that controversial anyway.

Besides, this thread was educational for me. I could figure out what it meant generally, but I looked up the word "choad," which is another example of the creative evolution of the language. Jeb is a treasured resource for such things.

Last edited by Outside on Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Doc wouldnt make these comments and i think Phil is a real pompous guy. It is incred to me that a guy with his accomplishments continues to clothe himself insuch petty garments.

@ outside I dont like Jackson because he is an arrogant insecure child of a man . He represents everything i detest in sports. That he coaches for rival teams is a factor but not a major one. To me he embodies the very worst aspects of a great generation (the boomers) entitlement, arrogance, pride. And none of what that generation has grown into.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Spolestra's fragile job status has been talked about for months on this board. Almost everyone here has agreed with the idea that he is on a short leash.
Phil said what most in the league were thinking and probably saying to each other privately.
If there is a rule against discussing another teams coaching future, then the NBA should fine Phil.
If it was Ray or KG or Doc that said what Phil said, would anyone here have a problem with it? Doubtful.
SVG should have more to worry about then commenting about another coach commenting about another coach.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Jeb, I understand completely. Like I said, he can be a polarizing figure regardless of whether you're a Celtic fan. Personally, I think the league is better for having him around, and I consider him more of an entertaining sideshow, like Shaq (who also wasn't much liked around here until this season).

As a comparison, I respect and admire Gregg Popovich a ton, but I'd much rather watch one of Phil's interview sessions. Watching Pops is like watching someone with a toothache, whereas Phil smiles and jokes and seems to genuinely enjoy the situation. Is he a "choad" sometimes? Of course. But at least he's got a personality and isn't a bland corporate face. A lot of coaches come across as ciphers. The league is better off for having guys like Doc, Phil, SVG, Sloan, even Popovich (every group needs a crusty codger telling everyone else to get off his lawn).
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:52 pm

outside

Very well said. I dont see in Phil a guy that enjoys much but the misfortune of others but we all see things different. To me like Hunter said about Nixon "the truth is not in him" (Phil) and I dont think the gods of karma nor history itself will be too kind to the guy. Much like Jordan who was allowed to gamble (prolly on hoop) and in general live a lie...history isnt being too kind to ol Mike
and it will get worse before it gets better. But as you say having such a dark side of the force guy like Phil around def keeps the pot simmerin.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:08 pm

jeb,

It is curious that you talk about karma and reference quotes from Hunter Thompson who was known for his lifelong use of alcohol, LSD, cocaine and other drugs, then committed suicide.
That sounds like karma to me.

Last I heard MJ had a pretty good life. I think he even scraped up enough change to buy an NBA team last year.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:16 pm

tj

its fun watching you try to defend these guys.

Shine on.

Inregards to Thompson. Different fuels for different engines. But my sister killed herself pal so you might want to not try to speak above your level of experience. Specialy with words like karma arouns subjects like suicide.

If you have lost someone near to you to suicide then I offer my sincere apologies. But your level of ignorance surrounding the subject leads me to believe you have not.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:05 pm

jeb,

You are the one that mentioned the word karma about a coach who made comments about another coach. If you think Phil words will bring bad karma and that brings you peace, then keep hoping for that.
I am sorry that you and your family lost your sister to suicide.
My wife's younger sister 'attempted' suicide 3 times but she is still living.
Since she was never married, we were the caretakers for her son during this dark period in her life while she lived in a hospital in Woonsocket, RI.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Phil Jackson sorry for Heat comments:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5852451
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:47 pm

tj

You upped the dose and "mentioned" karma in relation to a great mans death.

That is yours not mine and I wont carry it for you.

But you just never seem to recognize when you are full of shit or speaking way beyond your experience on a subject. Your frat boy debating skills just have to be fed.

My family was already dead when my sister died so they didnt lose shit. But thanks for the comment.

jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:04 am

When threads start displaying personal animus, I find it's better to focus on other threads. So this one is going bye-bye.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down