RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
jrleftfoot
NYCelt
gyso
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Report: Celtics Pursuing Kristaps Porzingis Trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Report: Celtics Pursuing Kristaps Porzingis Trade

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:16 pm

Thank God for you and Gyso you keep me laughing
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Report: Celtics Pursuing Kristaps Porzingis Trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Report: Celtics Pursuing Kristaps Porzingis Trade

Post by worcester Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:38 pm

Kudos to dboss for his prescience on the value of Julian Phillips: "Julian Phillips enters the first round at No. 29" - Yahoo Sports

Not because I suggested getting Zinger last week, but methinks Zinger would be a huge plus for this team. I watched Latvian basketball in person in the winter of 2004-5 (the stadium was the size of a small high school gym), but that experience made me interested in Latvian players. Zinger is prideful, serious, and dedicated to improving his game. He can score, rebound, and keep the floor wide open for JB, JT, and our point guard whoever that may be.

He'll contribute more than Malcolm and Danno did this year, and who knows if we were ever going to be able to keep Grant? I bet he gets an $88M, 4 year offer from some team. Yes, we'll need to pick up a big. Trayce may be available. Or the big muscle man from Kentucky.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:30 pm

Jayson Tatum @jaytatum0
about 24 minutes ago
Anybody else tired of seeing “per source” after every quote? Put a name on it orrrrr keep that shoot to ya self lol

Bob
MY NOTE:  Unless they're Woj or maybe Shams, and these reports are coming from Shams.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:12 pm

The Celtics have not had an offensive threat at big for a long time.

This may end up being a one year stint.  We will see.  I still think that you have to go big in the draft and the kid Davis looks like a player that can help.  The Kentucky center may also be in the mix.

Having said that, watch Brad draft a wing...lol
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:34 pm

IF this deal happens (I haven't heard it's official yet) we'll have a front court of Zinger, Al, RWILL, Moose and either Blake or Luke.  Would we keep Blake AND Luke?  Maybe.   They're both cheap and don't demand much.

Zinger, Al and RWill is the best starting front court + sub in the league.

The Js, Smart and Derrick is the best starting back court + sub in the league.

If Grant is now gone,  as is expected with the acquisition of Zinger (and his salary) then we need quality depth behind the Js.  Our top 7 can match up against anybody,  we just need to drive our quality  depth down to 10.  Sam?  Maybe he could be one.  Payton?  As much as I like him I'm not convinced he'll ever be a Championship team’s 8th or 9th guy.  So Brad's job isn't done if he's trading Brogdon and losing Grant.  Knowing we're going to have to lose Grant weakens our negotiating position.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:43 pm

dboss wrote:The Celtics have not had an offensive threat at big for a long time.

This may end up being a one year stint.  We will see.  I still think that you have to go big in the draft and the kid Davis looks like a player that can help.  The Kentucky center may also be in the mix.

I like Davis too, but shocked if he would still be there. Porzingus never had enough help when he was young with Knicks. Here he won’t have to carry us, his game fits in perfectly with the J’s. 18-9 from him would be huge and can play him with Al or RWill, now we can match up with any big team!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:52 pm

He'll go 20-10. Jayson 27-9. Jaylen 25-8

That's 72 points and 27 rb's right there. Derrick, Marcus, Payton, Rob and Al will fill in the rest. That's an 8 man rotation to beat the band.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:32 pm

worcester wrote:He'll go 20-10. Jayson 27-9. Jaylen 25-8

That's 72 points and 27 rb's right there. Derrick, Marcus, Payton, Rob and Al will fill in the rest. That's an 8 man rotation to beat the band.

He could easily go 20-10, we have a new Big 3!!!

Great move by Brad!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:06 pm

Bobby Manning @RealBobManning
about 1 hour ago
Encouraging seeing Porziņģis shot 36% in 2020, 38% in 2021, 37% in 2022 w/ DC and 39% in 2023 on catch-and-shoot 3s on 4-6 attempts each night. That'll be central to his role in Boston.

Souichi Terada
Souichi Terada @SouichiTerada
about 1 hour ago
If the Porzingis trade goes thru, Tatum will no longer be able call himself the 2nd-tallest player on the Celtics, which he liked to randomly point out every now and then

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:10 pm

What happens with Grant? Sign & trade? Who would be logical help.

I thought that Griffin was a one year deal and that he was gone..
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:34 pm

My son just sent me a message, Woj reporting deal is off????? This is a bad look there. Something must have gone wrong
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:40 pm

Clippers have pulled out of the deal. Claiming worry over Brogden’s injury
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:06 am

Damn.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:58 am

We got him!!! He’s in!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:04 am

YAY!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:12 am

Jay Williams loves this trade for us!!!!

On First Take right now

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:48 pm

Hi,
That trade was unexpected. We shall see what Zinger can bring us.
My main concern is on the mental side: how subtraction of Smart and addition of Zinger will affect the team chemistry.
Also, of course, his durability.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:06 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
My main concern is on the mental side: how subtraction of Smart and addition of Zinger will affect the team chemistry.

AK

Sinus007

Where have you been?

Missed you.

Also I agree with the comment as it relates to chemistry. Sometimes even changing out a minor piece can impact the cohesiveness of a team.

Should be interesting to see.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:23 pm

Ditto Sinus, good to hear from you
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:03 pm

dboss wrote:
sinus007 wrote:Hi,

AK

Sinus007

Where have you been?

Missed you.

Also I agree with the comment as it relates to chemistry. Sometimes even changing out a minor piece can impact the cohesiveness of a team.

Should be interesting to see.

Hi,
Was hard to accept despite the fiasco of the season has been obvious for some time.
Then we went to Europe - kind of a present for the youngest daughter's graduation.
Now I'm back and such a surprise...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:17 pm

For those of you who didn't watch much, if any, Washington Wizards ball last year here's a taste of what we got for Marcus Smart.

When you watch this you'll see him doing stuff we haven't had a center do for a long, long time.  He puts the ball on the floor like Cowens, he shoots contested mid-range shots and blocks shots like KG (1.0 blks/game) and is a good passer.  All we gotta see is if his defense gets back to where it was before he went to Washington.  His average DefRtg with NYK was 107 and it was 108 in Dallas.  It "ballooned" up to 112 in his two years with the Wiz.  For comparison purposes, RWill's career DefRtg is 103 and Al's DefRtg in his 5 seasons in Boston is 107.  Last year Al's was 112, so on a MUCH better defensive team than Kris was on Al had a comparable defensive impact.  Put Al on Washington's roster and he wouldn't have a 112 either.

I miss Marcus Smart like crazy already, but now we have a big 3 that looks more like our 2008 Championship team.  We had a Big 3 of a center, a forward and a guard.  Now, with the addition of The Zinger we have a Big 3 with a center, a forward and a guard.  Last year we had the forward (Tatum) and two guards (Jaylen and Marcus).  They won't be able to just play zone at the arc against us this year because Porzingis can dominate almost anybody inside, while neither RWill nor Al could do the same for us.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:12 pm

Eat your heart out, Miami.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:28 pm

Be careful Worcester, free agency will be starting soon and Riley is locked and loaded. Determined to find someone to play with Jimmy boy
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:21 pm

dboss wrote:The Celtics have not had an offensive threat at big for a long time.

and a wing it was. A wing and a prayer.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:47 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:

and a wing it was. A wing and a prayer.

I figured that once they made the KP deal, another big was probably not in the cards.

From videos I have watched I think JW will be a wing and a prayer answered. Brad clearly liked him and it was his defense that was of particular note. There were better offensive wings available but getting a potential defensive stopper is just what the doctor ordered. I guess we will get a chance to check him out in the Summer League.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next