RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
jrleftfoot
NYCelt
gyso
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Report: Celtics Pursuing Kristaps Porzingis Trade - Page 4 Empty Re: Report: Celtics Pursuing Kristaps Porzingis Trade

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:59 pm

I believe i stated that the decision was Ryan's to make. He admitted he was wrong later .Good for him.I don't thinj my expressing my opinion has done Bob Ryan a bit of harm.If it has, by some miraculous turn of events, I apologize to him , in absentia. If anyone else is offended, I guess I' have to live with it.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Report: Celtics Pursuing Kristaps Porzingis Trade - Page 4 Empty Re: Report: Celtics Pursuing Kristaps Porzingis Trade

Post by worcester Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:43 am

Jr...your writing and opinions are top notch and I will defend you to the hilt...until you say something I disagree with. Then Katy bar the door!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:37 am

worcester wrote:Jr...your writing and opinions are top notch and I will defend you to the hilt...until you say something I disagree with. Then Katy bar the door!
                           You are too kind my friend. I feel like I might have gotten in the weeds a little bit and  raised some hackles, so I won't  be expressing my thoughts regarding Dan Shaughnessy, lol.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:54 am

dboss wrote:Ryan like so many other writers that are from an older generation have tons of experience but still cannot wrap their heads around all the changes to the NBA game.

They seem to analyze the game from a perspective that has passed in terms of its' relevancy to the way the game is played today.

I have heard his comments quite a bit but the recent instance in particular was more about not doing your homework on a big time Celtics acquisition.

He realizes now that his profile on zinger was not accurate and he admitted that.

They seem to analyze the game from a perspective that has passed in terms of its' relevancy to the way the game is played today.

Some do but I am feeling that what you consider “pass them by” speak is a bit different than mine.
Can u site another example besides the Ryan snafu?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:02 am

Not too long ago during the C’s Philly series.
Ryan wrote about the “Havlicek stole the Ball” game and commented that it was Chet Walker who threw the ball into play.
I wrote back and respectfully corrected him stating that it was actually Hal Greer and not Chet.
He graciously responded and admitted his mistake.
I’m no psychologist but I think errors such as that have a lot to do with the aging process in us all.  We cannot simply dismiss it but we can accurately define it.
In that case it certainly wasn’t a situation where he had not kept up. He just had s slippage in memory.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:10 am

Ktron wrote:Not too long ago during the C’s Philly series.
Ryan wrote about the “Havlicek stole the Ball” game and commented that it was Chet Walker who threw the ball into play.
I wrote back and respectfully corrected him stating that it was actually Hal Greer and not Chet.
He graciously responded and admitted his mistake.
I’m no psychologist but I think errors such as that have a lot to do with the aging process in us all.  We cannot simply dismiss it but we can accurately define it.
In that case it certainly wasn’t a situation where he had not kept up. He just had s slippage in memory.

I don't know about that.

I can't agree that it has anything to do with aging.

For example, just this morning...

Ah, what was I saying? I know I had a point but...

Never mind.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:50 am

I have read and watched Bob Ryan talk about sports for decades. Sometimes when I watch a video with him in it, I wonder, "What the hell happened to him?"

Not always, just sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:34 pm

Bobby Manning @RealBobManning
58 minutes ago
#Celtics announce the Porzingis extension: 2yrs, $60M through 2026. No option. Could've signed for as much as $77M, or waited until free agency for far more. Did the C's a real solid.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Busy week for Brad and Mike Zarren.  Jordan Walsh,  JD, Z, Oshae, Dalano and Jaylen all get signed (or soon will).  We all know these things must be done in a certain order, especially regarding your own players,  because of the salary cap.  My bet is Jaylen's contract will come soon now.

Last edited by bobheckler on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:59 pm

God bless Mike Zarren.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4