Payton Pritchard Signs Contract Extension - per Woj

3 posters

Go down

Payton Pritchard Signs Contract Extension  - per Woj Empty Payton Pritchard Signs Contract Extension - per Woj

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:55 pm

4 years, $30M.  $7.5M/year average is a good number for everybody.

More details will follow later.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Payton Pritchard Signs Contract Extension  - per Woj Empty Re: Payton Pritchard Signs Contract Extension - per Woj

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:31 pm

Boy, to be young, talented and wanted!! Just yesterday those foolish websites that come up with unbelievable trades had him traded to Brooklyn for Nick Claxton. And they think they are geniuses. Anyway, it will be interesting to see just what comes of this during this year. Alot of people expecting big things fro Payton, here's hoping he fulfills everyone's expectations. All the players keep commenting on how he has come into camp ready to make the big step, we need him so I hope it happens
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Payton Pritchard Signs Contract Extension  - per Woj Empty Re: Payton Pritchard Signs Contract Extension - per Woj

Post by Berlin-T Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:44 pm

bobheckler wrote:4 years, $30M.  $7.5M/year average is a good number for everybody.

More details will follow later.

Bob

Good!
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:54 pm

Boston Celtics @celtics
about 1 hour ago
Joe Mazzulla says Payton Pritchard "is one of my favorite people," and that "the league can break you. He's not one of those guys."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:01 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2023/10/celtics-guard-agrees-to-4-year-extension-with-team.html

Celtics guard agrees to 4-year extension with team

Updated: Oct. 08, 2023, 1:06 p.m.|Published: Oct. 08, 2023, 1:06 p.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

Less than one year after a trade demand, Payton Pritchard looks like he will be a big part of the Celtics future. A league source confirmed to MassLive that the team has agreed to a four-year extension with the Boston guard worth $30 million. Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com was first to report the agreement.

Pritchard was set to become a restricted free agent next summer if he did not agree to an extension with Boston ahead of opening night. However, multiple sources tell MassLive that he has been a standout in team workouts in recent weeks, which made the team eager to lock him up to a long-term deal.

The fourth-year guard figures to have an expanded role this season after the offseason trades of Malcolm Brogdon and Marcus Smart in separate deals that helped Boston land Jrue Holiday and Kristaps Porzingis. Depending on Joe Mazzulla’s lineup alignment, Pritchard could be the first or second guard off the bench but he’s a lock for a bigger opportunity.

Teammate Sam Hauser raved about his play during Celtics camp on Saturday.

“I think Payton’s had a great camp,” Hauser said. “He’s really, really been aggressive. He worked really hard this summer and I think he’s out for blood this year so I’m really excited to see what he has to bring to the table.”

Pritchard’s new deal will kick in during the 2024-25 season. The 25-year-old is earning just over $4 million this season in the final year of his rookie contract.

Bob
MY NOTE:  I don't mean to be the ant at this garden party but this could also mean he's trade bait.  Now that he's signed for $4M this year and $7.5M/year for the next 4 years that gives GMs a lot of control over him and their salary cap for a player that could/should be a rotation player on most teams.  The unanswered question is "when can he be traded?".  I don't want him to be traded but signing an extension doesn't necessarily mean you're here for the duration. Spotrac will update this probably by tomorrow or so, and then we'll see.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down