steve3344
Sam
jeb
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

will sheed return to the team Empty will sheed return to the team

Post by jeb Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:25 am

I got this sneaky feeling Sheed Wallace will pull a PJ brown in the second half of this season.

I am not sure how I feel about the prospect.

Thoughts?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

will sheed return to the team Empty Re: will sheed return to the team

Post by Sam Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:51 am

Jeb,

Personally, I'd be against it. It's not so much that we don't need another slow tall guy—especially one who loves the three. I think Sheed has become a front-runner, and he's not motivated to try harder when things aren't going right. I wouldn't want this highly motivated team to be negatively infected by that kind of mentality.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:01 am

Sam

Do you think he will though? Whats that jedi gut tell you?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:20 am

Jeb,

It tells me no, although the situation with Semih could be a factor. If , by mid-February, Shaq, Perk, JO and Semih are either in good health or close to it. I doubt Danny would mess up the balance of the club by having five of the 12 rotation players be centers.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 pm

That makes sense. Prolly will be contingent on whether the club needs him or not.

It makes me SHUDDER to think of him in green again.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:32 pm

Jeb,

I was one of the proponents of the deal that brought Sheed here. I recall raving about the added versatility he brought to this team—someone who could add offense from inside and outside, could defend his position well, and could pass and rebound. What was there not to like?

What I overlooked (really stupid of me) was the possibility that his attitude toward the game could have become sufficiently casual to dilute the fulfillment of his potential. Unfortunately, I don't recall many (perhaps not any) Celtics, throughout my six decades as an active fan, who fallen more short of my hopes. Perhaps Wicks and Rowe will always be the poster boys for that phenomenon, but I never really liked them and I did like Sheed.

I still like his devotion to family and some other personal traits. But he was enough of a disappointment for me not to want him back.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Sam wrote:Jeb,

I was one of the proponents of the deal that brought Sheed here. I recall raving about the added versatility he brought to this team—someone who could add offense from inside and outside, could defend his position well, and could pass and rebound. What was there not to like?

What I overlooked (really stupid of me) was the possibility that his attitude toward the game could have become sufficiently casual to dilute the fulfillment of his potential. Unfortunately, I don't recall many (perhaps not any) Celtics, throughout my six decades as an active fan, who fallen more short of my hopes. Perhaps Wicks and Rowe will always be the poster boys for that phenomenon, but I never really liked them and I did like Sheed.

I still like his devotion to family and some other personal traits. But he was enough of a disappointment for me not to want him back.

Sam

And he couldn't shoot anymore.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Sam

I concur. I too loved the move. There is something about the guy that still plays the role of victim. I cant quite put my finger on the words. Whatever the words I think he shat all over our chemistry. The team looks happier to me and it does me good to see them playing with such JOY. I personally think love and happiness resonate on a much higher stronger vibration than hate and anger and I think an athlete and more on point a team are much more likely to find a bitchin flow from a place of joy. I dont recall seeing this team have this much fun yet. It's an interesting thing. In 08 they were so focused and intense...not much joy til it was over, in 09 injury in 10 sheed and now we sit in uncharted territory inho. Should be fun to watch it all go down.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:29 pm

Excellent point, Jeb, and a strong link between these Celtics and the most successful Celtics eras. The joy of which you speak is not just a mental thing. It stimulates relaxation of the muscles, which fosters better rhythm out there.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:22 pm

If the time comes that the Cs need another back up big man, if Sheed is the best available player out there - they DA should make the deal. He is miles better than someone like Mikki Moore and better on a regular basis than PJ Brown.

A lot of Sheed's attitude IMO involves his disdain and frustration with the day to day grind. I dont think his attitude will be the same if he comes in at the end of March and knows he is basically here for the stretch run and to get another ring. And with KG playing much better this year (and being much more vocal) and Shaq here - I dont see Sheed being a distraction at all.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:07 pm

but can he even play? Has the guy kept himself in reasonable shape?Seems with all the teams hurting someone would have taken a flyer on him already. Thats gotta mean something.

He didn't set the world on fire last spring in the games he did seem to care in. And you could count those on one hand that he did.

I just hope it never has to come down to that decision.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Say what you want about the ups and downs of Sheed - but the Celtics dont make it to the NBA finals last year without him on the roster -period.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:56 pm

As insurance in case Shaq/JON or even Perk goes down. You never can get enough of a tall thing! Too many bigger guy's (Shaq) in the locker room to allow any bull shxx to come from Sheed. Shaq would shut him up real quick!

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Unless there is a real need I really hope he just stays retired. He has already won a ring, and since they came so close last year and failed, I would hope the burning desire just wouldn't be there. I loved that move when they made it, and I have wondered over the summer just what it was that didn't motivate a
guy of his stature. Had he given up long ago in Detroit and the Celtics just didn't see it? Everyone claimed he was great in the locker room, but I can't imagine him being anything like Shaq has been. They all love the guy! Anyway, I really hope it doesn't happen, because if it does it will mean that we are
in big trouble health wise at that position. I just hope Jermaine comes back,
takes care of himself and finally gives us what I think he can.

On another thought, I wonder if everyone has heard the words of a very
reflective Kevin Garnett about this team, this year, and the "possible lockout". He even thinks that if that happens this could be his last year
playing basketball with this group. Scary when you hear it from one of the guys. We have all thought this ourselves, but when you hear him say it it
sounds a little too real. So, I have decided to really enjoy this team this year, they keep me young! I only wish I could return the favor!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:02 pm

mrkleen

never said he didn't help. BUT it was only a handfull of games and a couple were important. BUT no one answered any of my questions? Is he in any shape? Why hasn't anyone else taken a flyer on him? And as Rosalie summed up better than I ever could, I hope it doesn't come down to need cause if it dioes we got a lot of "bigger" issues.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Greg Dickerson said he was at the Garden hanging out on Friday Night and he looked fit and in shape.

He is RETIRED - that means there is no "flyer" to take on him unless he wants to come back, which he clearly only wants to do with the Celtics.

The fact that many on this board have a personal dislike for Sheed and the way he conducts himself aside - big men are hard to come by - especially those that know the Celtics defensive system, can space the floor and are hard nosed players.

I like every big man on the current roster miles more than I like Rasheed Wallace. But down the stretch of Shaq or JON or both are hurt or in and out of the line up - we are going to need another experienced big.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:38 pm

steve3344 wrote:
Sam wrote:Jeb,

Sam

And he couldn't shoot anymore.

he could certainly shoot us out of games

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:26 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Greg Dickerson said he was at the Garden hanging out on Friday Night and he looked fit and in shape.

He is RETIRED - that means there is no "flyer" to take on him unless he wants to come back, which he clearly only wants to do with the Celtics.

The fact that many on this board have a personal dislike for Sheed and the way he conducts himself aside - big men are hard to come by - especially those that know the Celtics defensive system, can space the floor and are hard nosed players.

I like every big man on the current roster miles more than I like Rasheed Wallace. But down the stretch of Shaq or JON or both are hurt or in and out of the line up - we are going to need another experienced big.

mrkleen,

I heard the Dickerson interview. I think he also said that Sheed still keeps a place in the area.

I don't believe he is officially retired, he never signed retirement papers. If he had, he could not come back this year. He just isn't all that interested in playing in the regular season, no different than the last 3 or 4 years. (LOL & JK!!)

I think I should do stand-up comedy, but everyone tells me to SIT DOWN!!

Regards,

gyso

PS: Thanks for the good advice to Jeb. That's how I chose to play it as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Great closing line, Rosalie.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Although it's a possibility if the need arises, Sheed Ver. 2.0 seems remote.

We could use some help in the form of a big, but need a rebounder and someone who can regularly get inside and bang. Neither is super high on Sheeds list, although to be fair he seemed to still have some ability there last year.

By the playoffs, if we have Shaq around his current level and either Perk or Jermaine able to contribute somewhat, Sheed might not be a thought we would even need to entertain. There certainly wouldn't be roster room anyway. If Erden's shoulder hasn't gotten worse that would give us one other fallback option.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:05 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/142541/index.html?eref=twitter_feed

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi,
if that's true, whom will they let go? VW, LH, SE, AB? I don't think anybody else can be sacrificed for this stunt.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Semih can be put onto long term IR and go get the surgery he needs....as he is a NON FACTOR at this point
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Mrkleen

I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong but there is NO IR in the NBA and the collective barganing agreement, and if we were to sign Sheed we would have to release someone whom would then be free to go and do as they please.

Plus I have no idea how him unretireing affects his prior contract or our "cap", but I'm sure it doesn't help it.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Beat - I think you are correct....must have missed that change.

In that case, I say they stand pat until Perk comes back and see where they stand. However, even if they had to cut Semih - to bring in a healthy big like Sheed for the stretch run....I cant see anyone signing a rookie with a torn rotator cuff. In essence, Semih could rehab for 6 months and then come back to camp next summer and try out again.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next