RAJON RONDO SAYS HE’LL RETURN BEFORE ALL-STAR BREAK - Targeting Jan. 17 return vs. Lakers

2 posters

Go down

RAJON RONDO SAYS HE’LL RETURN BEFORE ALL-STAR BREAK -  Targeting Jan. 17 return vs. Lakers Empty RAJON RONDO SAYS HE’LL RETURN BEFORE ALL-STAR BREAK - Targeting Jan. 17 return vs. Lakers

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:03 pm

WEEI

Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, out since last February when he required surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, told reporters on Friday that he will return to the court either this month or next, sometime prior to the All-Star break. The Celtics‘ final game of the half is on Feb. 12.

“It may be this month, next month,” Rondo told reporters at a Friday shootaround, prior to the Celtics’ contest against the Golden State Warriors. “It’€™ll be before All-Star Break.”

According to the Boston Globe, Rondo suggested that he feels significantly better on the court since he first began full-contact practice in December, but he acknowledged that he is not yet in basketball shape. According to the Globe, he remained open to the possibility of an assignment in the NBA Development League before returning to the Celtics lineup.

“I feel more confident, stronger, more explosive. What I’€™m doing in the weight room, it’€™s productive,” Rondo told the Globe. “[But] I’€™m just trying to get back into shape. … I haven’€™t played ball in 12 months. You can do all the cardio, treadmill, running you want, it’€™s still different from basketball shape.”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Report: Rondo targeting Jan. 17 return vs. Lakers

CSNE

Rajon Rondo is inching closer to a return with the Boston Celtics.

A Yahoo! report says that return date is now January 17, a Friday home game against the Lakers.

The point guard, who is recovering from a torn ACL, spoke to the media on Friday afternoon before the C's play the Golden State Warriors, where he told them that he expects to play before the NBA's All-Star Break, which starts on Feb. 14. He wouldn't get into specific dates, however.

"I feel 10 times better than the first time," Rondo said about full-contact practice with the C's. "I feel more confident and stronger, more explosive. So what I'm doing in the weight room is productive."

Rondo, who also said he has not had any swelling in his knee since the surgery, has been icing his knee every chance he gets.

"That's my best friend," he joked. "I ice every day, pretty much all day . . . I feel good, there's no after-the-next-day pain or anything like that. It's just a matter of me getting my wind."

Back to top Go down

RAJON RONDO SAYS HE’LL RETURN BEFORE ALL-STAR BREAK -  Targeting Jan. 17 return vs. Lakers Empty Re: RAJON RONDO SAYS HE’LL RETURN BEFORE ALL-STAR BREAK - Targeting Jan. 17 return vs. Lakers

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:11 pm

This is good news as it will give Trader Danny, Stevens and Rondo an ability to see who stays and who must be traded come February. Yes I included Rondo as I think he has become the unnamed ass't head coach of the Celtics and someday the head coach........don't doubt me on this.......he's into this coaching thing as demonstrated by him on the bench and in huddles.

Back to top Go down

RAJON RONDO SAYS HE’LL RETURN BEFORE ALL-STAR BREAK -  Targeting Jan. 17 return vs. Lakers Empty Re: RAJON RONDO SAYS HE’LL RETURN BEFORE ALL-STAR BREAK - Targeting Jan. 17 return vs. Lakers

Post by k_j_88 Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:17 pm

I don't think a few games is enough to judge who should stay/go, though. Rondo probably needs at least a month or 2 with these guys. But by that time it'd be too late for trades.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:13 pm

Stevens: Rondo Jan. 17 return 'news to me'

January 10, 2014, 9:45 pm

A. Sherrod Blakely

For nearly a year, Rajon Rondo the superstar has become Rajon Rondo the spectator, biding his time as the torn right ACL injury he suffered on Jan. 25 heals.

He can see his return to the basketball court on the horizon, telling reporters on Friday in San Francisco that he'll be back on the courts for the Celtics before the All-Star break.

But until then, he still has to work through the worst part of his injury - not being able to play.

"I don't even like to watch the game anymore," he told reporters. "It's frustrating. It's like being a coach. You see things out there that you can't help. It's only a matter of what you can do from a vocal standpoint on the sidelines."

His return date has been a hot topic of discussion.

Yahoo Sports! reported that Rondo is targeting Boston's Jan. 17 matchup at home against the Los Angeles Lakers for his season debut.

"News to me" was how Celtics head coach Brad Stevens responded when told about the reported Jan. 17 target date.

"I have not heard that from him or from anybody who would have that information," Stevens said.

Stevens added, "we never talked about a specific date. I haven't heard from our organization that a date was targeted."

When he does return, most agree the Celtics will be a significantly better team.

"He's a great player. And he's certainly a difference maker," Warriors head coach Mark Jackson told reporters on Friday. "He has a body of work in this league. Coming back healthy and whole will certainly improve that basketball team. Obviously you can see them in the playoff hunt. If he plays like the Rondo we've come accustomed to seeing, (Boston) could be a dangerous team. We've seen him carry teams."

---

During an interview, as I was watching CSNNE earlier, Rondo basically said he'd wake up one morning and decide it's time to get back to playing.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:37 pm

KJ,

The trade deadline is Feb 20th. That is 4 weeks in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down