Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 12/31/23

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 12/31/23 Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 12/31/23

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:08 pm

https://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2024/01/comments-from-other-side-spurs-123123.html?m=1

By FLCeltsFan

MY NOTE:  Spurs fans are extremely complementary of Derrick.   A classy bunch (as opposed to Sixers and Heat fans).  My favorites are in bold.  Which are yours?

Under or over a 25 point loss?

Should be a solid 20 points loss.

This one could test the theoretical limits of how bad a loss can be. Quantum Basketball.

Maybe the scoreboard will just explode at some point from too much overuse.

Derrick White back in SA tonight

That would be FHOF Derrick White!

Bill Simmons called White an All-Star. I know he’s super pro his teams, but that would be awesome.

He better get a standing ovation

Go win a title Derrick! So happy for him

Just for passing of the torch I want wemby to block derrick.

Celtic defense is good so those lobs he was getting against the Blazers probably won't be there as much

KP will bully him, I swear I can see it as matchup nightmare.

which of the Celtics role players will have a career night from deep tonight?

Sam Houser is gonna look like prime Reggie Miller

After a close call with Detroit I expect a very focused Celtics. This one could be very bad, very early.

Also when is Derrick White's contract up? we need him back in Silver and Black

we can't do that to him! Boston needs to win for him

Yeah I was surprised Tatum is still only 25. I don't see Derrick leaving championship caliber team unless they absolutely will not pay him. Which would crazy decision by Boston.

Never thought I'd ever in my life say this about a Boston team, but I kinda hope they win it all this year (it's because of Derrick).

I would be very happy for Derrick if they pull it off here or next year. He deserves all the accolades and money coming his way I’m not looking forward to watching him play against us tonight

Two things I want, for us to lose by less than 20 and for Wemby to have a big game. That's it. Celtics will murder us.

San Antonio Spurs (5-26) at Boston Celtics (25-6)
Almost perfect symmetry.

The Celtics already had their take-a-bad-team-too-lightly moment a few days ago against Detroit. I expect them to start strong, stay strong, and finish strong. It's going to be ugly, I'm afraid.

The only hope is that they didn't learn from it as much as they still beat the Pistons anyway. Wishful thinking I know!

Bring back Derrick!

Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Jrue Holiday, Kristaps Porzingis and White are a murderers row of players who can hurt you inside and out.   Meaning that if the Celtics show up to play mark this as an L. But there is an exciting matchup to watch - Victor vs another 7'4" unicorn.

Celtics will be too focused on celebrating the new year, and only Derrick shows up, greet our guys, and leave us a happy winning to start new year.

c's by 100 tbh

My prediction is at least once during the game I will forget that White is a Celtic and bald now and completely confuse who is making a play for the Celtics in that moment

Give DWhite a standing ovation, tbh.

What a better way to spend NYE than to watch some horrible basketball vs the Celtics selfish basketball? I'm in!

you dont have to bully us Derrick Sad

Malakai the traffic cone

Derrick's probably gonna get a new career high with Malachi on him.

My boy White is allowed to cook

Derrick on this team would be elite

Boston has a history of close games with bottom teams this year! Let’s continue the trend

so many Celtics fans in the arena

Derrick... miss him with us.

There’s a huge power difference between these two teams

Jaylen brown will bully every single guard on this spurs roster, scary part is it feels like Tatum hasn’t even touched the ball yet

Jaylen Brown running a masterclass against our forwards tonight

Brown got a big a** forehead. Lmao. The cornrows really draws more attention to it. Lmao

Our starting lineup would probably lose against their bench. The talent gap is just too big.

Kornet gets more oops per minutes of play than VW .. I wonder why

Derrick white has become such a good player it’s insane

Man Spurs having some issues with Kornet lol

Man, if this Boston team doesn't at least make the finals, someone will definitely be in some hot water. This roster is ridiculously talented

Derrick come back Sad

Jaylen Brown never beating the non existent left hand allegations lolololol

For a team with so many dudes that can get to the rim and score at the rim at will Boston takes a shockingly large amount of three pointers. I mean obviously it's working for them

Celtics announcers keep gloating how they got best end of Derrick White deal

Team is competitive when wemby is in

This might be the best we've looked offensively all season.

Branham in, Celtics immediately check in DWhite to continue terrorizing him lmao

Malaki got 0 chance vs Zingus.

So you’re saying he’s feeling like a dingus guarding Porzingus?

Tingus pingus is starting to pi** me off

This Celtics team is pretty insane considering jrue isn’t even playing

That should be a flop call on porzingis dude acting like Shaq tackled him

Derrick is going to be a Allstar soon. I watched the last 3 games of Boston and he is so natural now all the time. Even when he has not a good game he makes big impact. Very impressive!

You think Derrick recognized all of Pop's hand gestures for the plays?

Watching Derrick play against us is hard.

Derrick is clearly the 2nd best player on the C   Please come back.... 🥺

If you told me we would be down by 12 at the half id absolutely take it

I ain’t even mad. If we can lose by 15 or less to one of the best teams and Derrick I’m good.

Victor is doing his best game of the season and we are still 10+ points behind. We are garbage! Need to tank one more year and draft a really good PG to help Victor.

Vote Derrick White for all star

White was what the spurs represent. Unselfishness, do anything for the team. We all need to root for White his whole career.

this franchise is so embarrassing these days. Wembys development is going to be screwed by a coach who is well past his glory days

At least Derrick is playing well.

Spurs are consistent! Consistently terrible 3rd qtr

Oh no the Spurs went into mentally challenged basketball mode again.

Celtics commentary pretty nice lol

These Celtics folks are pretty good at playing basketball.

Are we the Washington Generals now?

Are the spurs worse than the pistons?

There needs to be scientific studies into how the spurs turn to a high school team in the 3rd quarter

I could be convinced there are more Lakers, Celtics, and Warriors fans in San Antonio than Spurs fans with how some of these crowds are

celtics defense man unreal

This team has players who have no business being on an NBA floor

The Celtics will win it all this year this team is nuts

Celtics fans have taken over the AT&T.

O’Shea Brissett? More like O’Shea Brisket because Barlow is smoking his a**

Barlow is not an NBA player man. He may be a nice guy...but da**...

The Spurs will definitely lose this game. The good news is that the Spurs won't lose another game this year.

Boston has that XP, Grit, and depth. We are facing an NBA contender here.

I was hoping we'd keep Lamar Stevens in the offseason, I like the way he plays

Do we have a shooting coach? If Yes, please fire him.

At least Fakers losing today too......

I am happy for White. He always had the bbiq

Celtics are an expeirenced team and they know how to manipulate the defense, everyone around Wemby is such a horrible defender the Celtics successfully got a 3 bpg player to record 0

This is why Boston is the best team in the NBA. They have depth and experienced guys. Jrue's out but that hasn't mattered at all. Jrue Holiday was the missing piece to the Bucks title when they won in 2021. He could be what gets this Boston team over the hump

They are guarding Jones with Kornet and Jones cant do nothing about it! HA HA HA    Meanwhile, Pritchard is killing Osman.

Hey, we didn't lose by 40+ -- wasn't quite the Boston Massacre I was expecting.

Pop is the highest paid coach in the entire NBA. Surely he’s too proud to dish up another season like this next year.

You are crazy if you think Pop isn’t going to tank next year for a chance at Cooper or Boozer.   If you think about it, tanking has given Pop most of his success.

I wanna see the league hold 3-Point Brick Contest for bad shooters just for entertainment, and Tre should be invited, along with Ausar Thompson, Giannis, Terance Mann......

you could invite pretty much our whole team. If we weren't shooting wide open 3s in garbage time for 12 minutes a game, our %s would be so much worse than they already are.

On a positive spurs note it was nice to see derrick again

Close one, good on Boston managing to pull it out at the end

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 12/31/23 Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Spurs, Away, 12/31/23

Post by bobc33 Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:05 am

Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a former player held in such high regard. I mentioned on the Game On thread he was one of the most likable Celtics ever.

Back to top Go down