Pre-Games @MIA and LAC

3 posters

Go down

Pre-Games @MIA and LAC Empty Pre-Games @MIA and LAC

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:24 am

Let's do this one as a couple given the magnitude of both games and all that has transpired over the last couple of days in the NBA with trades, firings, hirings, etc.  I'd throw Monday's NOP game in here as well but compared to these two games, it seems like a respite.  

OK.  MIA picks up Terry Rozier and he plays last night in a surprisingly losing cause to MEM.  Well, not really.  Clearly an example of MIA looking ahead to tonight.  On what planet do you see MIA losing 5 in a row with us at their home on the schedule?  Vegas teasing us as of this am with BOS (-7.5).  Injury list has not been updated.  We're currently not on it.  

As I mentioned in another thread, I hope MIA plays zone the whole game until we figure it out.  True, last year we did not have zone buster KP, but if he starts off rattled there and things go down hill....I don't recall seeing the zone against us at all this season.  Now the reason for that is we're running better, getting the ball out of the opposing team's basket and up the court after a make and the defense doesn't have time to set up, 3-bombs, all the sudden you're behind 20 points and the opposition game plan goes out the window.  We've also now incorporated zone into our defense for a couple of plays just to mix things up.

I can't emphasize enough how important it is that we set MIA straight tonight.  Yes, MIA has placed their bet on Rozier for Lowry.  Make all the moves you want.  We have yet to make our last move before the trade deadline.  So for us to come out tonight and dominate is paramount.  Especially after MIA has telegraphed this game tonight is the one they've been losing sleep over in anticipation of blowing us out of the water and looking back at Brad saying we need something else or we're going to do exactly what we did last season in the playoffs if we run into these clowns again.  The people want to see the Clash of The Titans in the Finals, not the little engine that could vs. Superman and Den.  Nobody gives one crapola about wannabe 7th and 8th seeds making it past the first round and miraculously winding up in the Finals only to crap the bed and darn near be swept.  This won't happen again in our lifetimes.  But Boston needs to get this done tonight.  No mercy.  I don't know if a win will suffice.  It needs to send a message.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Games @MIA and LAC Empty Re: Pre-Games @MIA and LAC

Post by NYCelt Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:28 am

The return of Scary Terry. In a Miami uniform and in FL this time.

Rozier does add some scoring punch to that lineup. It will be interesting to see how we defend the revamped Heat rotation.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:26 pm

I watched the Mem/Miami game last night.

The Heat are really struggling to score. It seemed that they got caught by surprise last night. I would call it trap game even though coming off a 3 game skid should be more than enough motivation to play well. With Jackson being the only everyday starter the Heat probably thought that they could just show up and win.

The Heat did manage to muck up the game. It was a real crawl.

Tonight the Celtics need to play with pace and space. We need to play fast and take good care of the ball.

Looks like all hands on deck for tonight's game. I like our chances to win this game.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:54 pm

The Heat will be playing a lot of zone tonight.  That is who they are on defense.  

Look for the Celtics to use KP's size advantage to attack the Heat from the middle.  We need precise passing and KP needs to catch, turn and shoot.  The Heat will swarm all over the ball.  KP should also be able to move the ball to our open shooters when the Heat defense collapses on him.

The Celtics MUST avoid getting sucked into the Heat traps.  The Heat will overplay passing lanes, front opponents and try to turn you over.  Celtics players have to keep moving and they need to value the basketball.  If the Celtics spend too much time trying to dribble through traffic they will be in trouble.  

Every Celtics player needs to understand that the Heat are going to make every effort to trap them.   Up top turnovers will lead to runouts and easy baskets for them..  

We have seen this before many times.  To beat the Heat you have to beat their zones.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:13 am

OK, dboss. You were finally wrong!! Haha. I only saw the zone for two plays! What we saw is how you beat it. You don't give it a chance to even show up!! But you were right about the big thing. The "W"! God Bless You!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:46 pm

OK, folks.  The last line I say for tonight's game on ESPN was BOS (-7.5).  Now that game is completely removed from the chart.  Don't know what that's all about.  

With KP out, this should be a very close game, but I hope it ends like the last time we saw this line vs. the Heat on the road.  Leonard missed the last game as did KP.  Now we're down KP.  Leonard's net gain vs our KP net loss ain't 30+ points that we ran up on them in LA.

Jrue is going to lock somebody up.  If you watched the Bucks loss last night to CLE in MIL, Lillard couldn't throw it in the ocean.  CLE's D was pretty good on him.  Once that leg was crippled, MIL still looks the same.  Doc ain't gonna change that by telling them to play more, better defense.  Again, the coach ain't the problem nor the solution in MIL.  But let's sit back, watch and let them self-destruct.

I see a good game tonight and I see us winning.  Usually the bench shows up strong in all the KP missed games.  10-2 to be exact sans KP.  I like those numbers.  

Clippers need yet another dose of reality of how much further they have to go if they are going to catch us with our pants down.  They will get that dose tonight.

db

P.S. Line now BOS (-6.5)
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down