bobheckler
cowens/oldschool
jeb
Outside
Sam
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Post-game Thread: Celtics @ Lakers, 1/30/11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Post-game Thread: Celtics @ Lakers, 1/30/11

Post by jeb Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:57 pm

lacelt

nice! big baby at point
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post-game Thread: Celtics @ Lakers, 1/30/11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Post-game Thread: Celtics @ Lakers, 1/30/11

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Sam

If you see my post before the last one,I wrote we would be foolish not to give KG his normal minutes,so I'm not saying this is the lineup to use for the majority of time and I agree on all your points.Butt Perk defended the rookie Cousins very well in the crucial 4th after he just went off for 27 against the Lakers,against those big type of PF's Perk is in fact an ideal defender,like when he defends Al Jefferson.I think he would get exposed against a Dirk,but when a player at that level is on his A game he will go off on anybody anyway.

I know our best lineup includes Rondo and KG....duh,but if either is in foul trouble or needs a rest for whatever reason,I could see a Shaq-Perk combo throw off the opposition like a monster change up.You might be selling Perks defensive abilities short,I would feel comfortable putting him on even a Lamar Odom as I feel he can defend the 4 and 5's very well.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Cow,

If Rondo or KG needs a rest, pairing Perk and Shaq might throw off the Celtics? I think not. All the opposition would have to do would be to go small. Let Perk and Shaq get an occasional rebound while the opposition otherwise runs circles around them.

Not a remote possibility. Next idea. Balance and rhythm, Cow. They're critical. There's a reason why Perk and Shaq never play together. It would throw the Celtics into complete disarray—especially on the offensive end.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Sam, If we put Nate out there he'dmake Perk and Shaq look to have better ball handling skills by comapaison. It would be a feel good moment for them.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Sam

I totally agree that a Shaq-Perk combo is not our best lineup,but I would like to see it and maybe I'm nuts to think it could work at times,but why do you think Perk could not defend the 4's or am I assuming you implied that?We all know Perk is a ferocious post defender,he can defend the pick and roll,his perimeter defense seems to be improving,he can play help defense from the weak side.Am I missing something?We have seen him shutdown Al Jefferson,when Cousins is paired with Dalembert then technically he is a 4 and Perk shut him down at winning time in the 4th.He does a great job on Gasol or Bynum,can handle Nene or Kenyon Martin,can handle a Bosh or Aldridge and can handle Tim Duncan or Blair.Perhaps were getting too technical with all these clasifications like 4-5 or PF and C,and he usually is on the biggest mofo on the floor,thats been his primary role,but I totally believe he can more than handle almost all the PFs in this league.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:58 am

Cow,

I agree it would not be our best lineup. I can't think of a worse one. You keep talking about defense, which actually is appropriate. Because, with those two in the lineup together, all the Celtics would be doing would be to play defense. It would be turnover after turnover on the offensive end.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:43 am

Turnover after turnover? What apostasy!!! Could Sam possibly be suggesting that Perk and Shaq are fumble-fingered stonehands? Man, you're killin' me with these negative waves .

Every offseason Perk works on his game, adding new wrinkles and straightening out old ones. Since he was hurt this past offseason, and hasn't been back in the lineup for long, it's a little more difficult to say what his new wrinkles are this year. But it looks as though he's catching the ball and going right back up with it, instead of lowering it and, well, no negative waves here. He also seems to have a better court awareness. Maybe it's my imagination but he's looking around and seeing plays develop better than he ever has. Then, there's his dribbling. He grabbed a rebound in LA, didn't have an outlet pass, so he took the ball up the court himself before eventually passing off. One was almost hoping he would continue to the basket and get the ball back for an easy layup, ala Bill Russell.

But did his teammates look for him then? NOOOO! Why? Could it be because of negative waves from those fans who otherwise call themselves die hard Celtic fans?

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:32 pm

rickdavisakaspike wrote:

Turnover after turnover? What apostasy!!! Could Sam possibly be suggesting that Perk and Shaq are fumble-fingered stonehands? Man, you're killin' me with these negative waves .

Every offseason Perk works on his game, adding new wrinkles and straightening out old ones. Since he was hurt this past offseason, and hasn't been back in the lineup for long, it's a little more difficult to say what his new wrinkles are this year. But it looks as though he's catching the ball and going right back up with it, instead of lowering it and, well, no negative waves here. He also seems to have a better court awareness. Maybe it's my imagination but he's looking around and seeing plays develop better than he ever has. Then, there's his dribbling. He grabbed a rebound in LA, didn't have an outlet pass, so he took the ball up the court himself before eventually passing off. One was almost hoping he would continue to the basket and get the ball back for an easy layup, ala Bill Russell.

But did his teammates look for him then? NOOOO! Why? Could it be because of negative waves from those fans who otherwise call themselves die hard Celtic fans?

My girlfriend has new wrinkles and she ain't happy about it.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3