Ainge May Make Another Move Tonight

Go down

Ainge May Make Another Move Tonight Empty Ainge May Make Another Move Tonight

Post by 112288 Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Ainge may make another move tonight
Link|Comments (5)Posted by Julian Benbow, Globe Staff March 2, 2011 07:16 PM

The Celtics are still looking to add one or two players and one of those moves could come tonight.
By Julian Benbow, Globe staff

The Celtics picked up Troy Murphy and lost out on Corey Brewer, but they're looking to add at least one more player and that addition could come before the end of the night.

"I’d like to shore up our wing position," Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said before tonight's game against the Suns. "I’d like to bring in someone with some experience. I’d like to bring in someone that’s not old and washed up.

"I hope soon. Maybe I’ll know something more as the day goes on, before the night is over."

The Celtics had their sights set on Brewer, but the 24-year-old swingman signed a three-year deal worth between $7 million and $8 million, according to ESPN’s Marc Stein.

“We had interest in Corey,” Ainge said. “We had a conversation with him. Dallas is a good team, too. Corey’s going to Dallas. It’s a good team. They had money to play also.”

Since the trade deadline, the Celtics have added Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic in a deal with Oklahoma City and Murphy after he was bought out by the Warriors. Getting the deals done quickly will help a team that's tried to finagle practice time to get all the new faces acclimated.

“Sooner than later is all I have to say," said Celtics coach Doc Rivers. "Since we’re adding all these guys, the sooner we do it and put them all together, the better.”

"We’re in the building phase, which we didn’t think we would be in at this point in the year, but we are," Rivers said. "We have to get this done. We have to figure out how quickly we can do it.”

Back to top Go down