MDCelticsFan
bobheckler
9 posters

Go down

JON ready to go Empty JON ready to go

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Jermaine Returns To Celtics, Could Play Immediately
Mar 29, 2011 11:24 AM EDT

Jermaine O'Neal rejoined the Celtics on Monday following two months on the shelf after arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.

O'Neal could play as soon as Thursday at San Antonio, but Doc Rivers wouldn't commit to that plan.

“I’m able to go,’’ O’Neal said. “No limitations.’’

Rivers said, “I think Jermaine has his own personal time clock. We’ll see. I hope, that would be great.’’

Boston will have Tuesday off and practice on Wednesday.

“There’s a chance [he could play Thursday], but I doubt it,’’ said Rivers. “It’s just so quick. Honestly, the only way is if we had some other injury or something. Even then, I doubt if I’d do it. I’d go with the six guys we’d have in uniform.’Via Boston Globe

Note: I don't understand Doc's perspective inre the statement I put in bold. He's rather play with 6 players than bring in a player who is ready to go, we need him and he's playing the starters a lot of minutes?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

JON ready to go Empty Re: JON ready to go

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Doc better make use of EVERY able bodied player. Fatigue has to be a major factor in the recent swoon, almost as much as Ainge's blunders. Geez, our Celts have been folding in the 4th quarter lately just like clothes at a full service laundry!-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Doc has his eyes on the playoffs and doesn't want to reinjure JON.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Worcester: If JON cannot get minutes in what's left of the regular season, how can he be in any kind of shape to contribute in the post season, by the way JON is a post player!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Doc will ramp up his minutes gradually over the next ten games.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Pure speculation on my part but I think Doc appears hesitant to give JON many minutes out of fear that JON doesn't have many minutes to give.

If that's even remotely the case then best to have him play sparingly until the playoffs and shoot whatever is left in the post-season.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:19 am

NYCelt wrote:Pure speculation on my part but I think Doc appears hesitant to give JON many minutes out of fear that JON doesn't have many minutes to give.

If that's even remotely the case then best to have him play sparingly until the playoffs and shoot whatever is left in the post-season.

Completely agree. JON is nothing more than a defender and rebounder at this point in his career...and you dont need much game time to get your timing on those back. If he was counted on the score, then I agree he should be back in the lineup - but that isnt the case. He is here to knock people around, block a few shots, and use up a few fouls. Doc resting him until he absolutely needs him is the best strategy.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:56 am

mrkleen09 wrote:
NYCelt wrote:Pure speculation on my part but I think Doc appears hesitant to give JON many minutes out of fear that JON doesn't have many minutes to give.

Completely agree. JON is nothing more than a defender and rebounder at this point in his career...and you dont need much game time to get your timing on those back. If he was counted on the score, then I agree he should be back in the lineup - but that isnt the case. He is here to knock people around, block a few shots, and use up a few fouls. Doc resting him until he absolutely needs him is the best strategy.

Mrkleen

I certainly understand your point BUT at the same time with our offensive lapses that seem to occur for seeming endless minutes game after game, having him score some needs to be looked at too, of course this depends in large part whom he is on the court with, but even then with RR KG RA and PP on the floor we seem to go into offensive funks much too often. Just my to cents. We need him on both sides of midcourt.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 am

beat wrote:Mrkleen

I certainly understand your point BUT at the same time with our offensive lapses that seem to occur for seeming endless minutes game after game, having him score some needs to be looked at too, of course this depends in large part whom he is on the court with, but even then with RR KG RA and PP on the floor we seem to go into offensive funks much too often. Just my to cents. We need him on both sides of midcourt.

beat

As NYCelt said, I think JON has a limited number of minutes left in the tank - and in his knees. I see no reason to spend more than a few here and there over these last relatively meaningless regular season games. But to each his own.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 am

With these ol vets it seems like there will be less swoop in their learning/timing curves having done it before so many times. But gawd it gives me heartburn thinking of them having to figure it out DURING a playoff series. It is increasingly clear though that is how it is going to go down if these guys come back for real at all so it's a leap of faith for us all and we go into playoff season with floor to ceiling uncertainty.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 am

Jeb:

If you want more Swoop, you'll have to go with the Tulsa Shock. They just signed 40 yr old Sheryl Swoopes! (LOL)

MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:40 am

it's a leap of faith for us all

Jeb

I have no problem with the faith part of it.............it's the leaping that is tough.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:41 pm

Beat & Jeb:

Leap of Faith was a 90's Steve Martin/Debra Winger movie. The song "Faith" was a hit for George Michael in '87-'88!

MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:15 pm

MD

Now that you opened that door lets get WAY off topic. Back in the fall of 1975 while still learning the ins and outs of college life at SUNY GENESEO,
my roomate asked me one evening what I had planned for the eve, which at that time was nothing more than probably having a drink somewhere. Well he said there is this guy up in Well's (an auditorium) that is suppose to be funny.

So we went.............and I have never laughted so hard in my life and the show went on for about 2 hours.

The guys name........the yet unknown to many STEVE MARTIN.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Beat:

Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!

MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:14 pm

Man I hope Jon can go for 15 good minutes or so a game. We so damn badly need help on our front line. Specialy on defense. All these games we are losing are close just a couple a tweaks and we can get back in the new york groove. Cmon back jon and welcome...now block some shots!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:17 pm

FYI per ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6276826
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:48 pm

dbrown4 wrote:FYI per ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6276826

Halla-freaking-luya
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:00 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:Beat & Jeb:

Leap of Faith was a 90's Steve Martin/Debra Winger movie. The song "Faith" was a hit for George Michael in '87-'88!

MD

and to really reach, Kenny Loggins had a pretty good and pretty much unknown song called Leap Of Faith back there somewhere ('92).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhrzwp850TE

i'll take the leap - it'll be easier with a true starting center back. i have nothing at all against Nenad, he's doing what he can, but (i think) we need some minutes from both O'Neal's to make this work the way we want it to ...

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:50 pm

In related news, Von Wafer played in all of the team's practices yesterday and says he's ready to play.

We need an O'Neal, but considering the sad state of our offense recently a Wafer wouldn't be too bad either.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:53 am

bobheckler wrote:In related news, Von Wafer played in all of the team's practices yesterday and says he's ready to play.

We need an O'Neal, but considering the sad state of our offense recently a Wafer wouldn't be too bad either.

bob

we could really use BOTH of em, since they're going to give us pretty limited minutes ... my two cents.
but yes, good news about wafer.

ALL HANDS ON DECK, ALL HANDS ON DECK - HERE IT ALL COMES, ROARING DOWN THE TRACKS RIGHT AT US !!

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down