The Jet is ready for Take Off

2 posters

Go down

The Jet is ready for Take Off Empty The Jet is ready for Take Off

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Here are excerpts from Jason Terry's interview on NBA TV:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/07/26/20120726_nba_schedule_jason_terry.nba

The tradition there is a winning one. Obviously after leaving Dallas… I had a great run here in Dallas… we did great things, obviously winning that championship, but now it’s time to turn the page and go for another championship with a great team and a first class organization.

[...] I talked to KG two or three days ago and he and I are going to get together in LA, work out a couple of days, and start to build that chemistry that’s going to be needed for us to win it all.
I LOVE THIS! Not only is he buying into the Celtic tradition (and working with KG will absolutely lock that in, since KG is now all about Bill Russell and carrying on his legacy in Boston) but he's also focused on chemistry. Perfect. A couple (hundred) F-bombs from KG about how F-in great Doc is and The Jet will be a helluva F-in asset.

We already know the matchup. It’s going to be me vs. Ray. You know what? Everyone can just sit down, and take their seat on the bench. Forget about LeBron, forget DWade, KG, Rondo, Double P all just rest and me and Ray will just have a three-point shooting contest and we’ll shoot it out. I'm not sure how happy I am about this statement. Yeah, I love that he's competitive. He knows Danny made a choice and picked him over Ray (I say that because he clearly made a point of locking Terry up first before addressing Ray, and that became part of Ray's "problem" with the Celtics) and now he has to prove Danny right. I'm just hoping he doesn't forget about team ball, while he's trumping Ray (Ray's not in green anymore and my loyalty is to the team, not the player).

Here's an excerpt from a Bleacher Report with Jason Terry:

B/R: Boston has a good chance of making the finals—any thoughts on getting another tattoo this year of the Larry O'Brien Trophy?

Terry: I was thinking about a black leprechaun holding a trophy…holding the Larry O’Brien. I think that’s it.

Personally, I wish players would just shut up and ball. On the other hand, he did that in Dallas and they won. For Pete's Sake though, Terry, make him GREEN, not black. You're on the Celtics now, think GREEN. In the NBA TV interview Jason Terry said he'd reveal the tattoo in training camp.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Jet is ready for Take Off Empty Re: The Jet is ready for Take Off

Post by Sam Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Bob,

I had exactly the same enthusiasm and concerned you voiced. My bottom line is that at least he's being very assertive, unlike the way I felt when Jeff Green came to Boston. (I'm not knocking Jeff because I'm sure the move came as more of a shock to him.) It sounds as though, unless he's talking through his hat, Terry's ready to knock walls down in order to succeed. Like you, I believe that KG will help to channel and energy in the right directions.

This interview certainly doesn't leave me any less stoked than I've become over the last month-or-so.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down