Generating Good Karma, I hope

3 posters

Go down

Generating Good Karma, I hope Empty Generating Good Karma, I hope

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:27 pm

This from RedsArmy.com

Celtics ball boy, Moises St. Fleur, aka "Mo", has been through quite a bit since St. Patrick's Day. His family home in Everett was completely burned down in a tragic fire. His family lost everything-clothes, food, furniture, everything. That's where the city of Everett and the Boston Celtics stepped-in.

Mo was the manager and spirit of Everett's championship-winning high-school football squad for 4 years. 2 players from the team, Frank Nuzzo and Ross Pietrantonio quickly put together a basketball tournament that raised over $10,000 to help Mo and his family.

Word then spread to the Boston Celtics, for whom Mo mops the floor, grabs clean towels and fetches uniforms for when he's not working his other job at Walgreen's. Another $11,000 or so was raised by the team to make sure that Mo, his Mom and sister would be able to get food and shelter.

This is just a great story of how a community and a team banded-together to help a kid and his family. Another example of how the Boston Celtics are not just a team, but a family. When one member of the family is in trouble or in need, the rest of the family takes action to quickly help out.

Doc Rivers put it perfectly in Peter Gelzinis' article:

“We’re one family. Our guys, they’re obviously doing better than a lot of other people in the world. So I think they did what they’re supposed to do."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Generating Good Karma, I hope Empty Re: Generating Good Karma, I hope

Post by jeb Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:54 pm

beautiful bob!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:20 pm

Bob,

Those are the kinds of "beneath the radar" endeavors that mean more to me than highly publicized charitable events (although such events obviously do lot of good too). When a player quietly pays someone's hospital bill or spontaneously does some other good work without fanfare, that's special. It obviously applies in this case.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down