Is Jeff Green that good - $9M worth? I certainly hope so.

5 posters

Go down

Is Jeff Green that good - $9M worth? I certainly hope so. Empty Is Jeff Green that good - $9M worth? I certainly hope so.

Post by worcester Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:32 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3209/jeff-green

Seems to be a 15 ppg/6 rpg type of guy. How is he on D? I forget his 2010-11 season with us.

6'9", 235 lbs and young - he should be hitting his peak right about now.

Here are Paul Pierce's career stats - they seem to be within reach of young Jeff.

Paul Pierce #34 SF
PPG RPG APG SPG FG%
19.4 5.2 4.5 1.1 .443

Last edited by worcester on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Paul's stats)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Is Jeff Green that good - $9M worth? I certainly hope so. Empty Re: Is Jeff Green that good - $9M worth? I certainly hope so.

Post by worcester Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Biggest difference I see is that Jeff only gets 1.3 assists per game vs. Paul's 4.5 APG. This is not to say Jeff is in Paul's class, but I do hope he provides lots of quality minutes whhile Paul rests.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Is Jeff Green that good - $9M worth? I certainly hope so. Empty Re: Is Jeff Green that good - $9M worth? I certainly hope so.

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:41 pm

worcester,

I find it tough to answer that question.

What do we know about Jeff Green? Well, we know he's an ok 4 but not a very good one because he's a bit undersized and doesn't play BIG. We know he can shoot.

What we don't know is how well he can transition to 3. He has not had a training camp. All he has had was the last few months of a season. Does he have the lateral quickness a 3 needs to stay in front of his man?

I would believe he can post up almost any 3 in the game, but can he run with them?

We'll see in a few months.

$9M is beaucoup bucks for a guy coming off of heart surgery, hasn't played in a year and wasn't an all-star before the operation.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Bob, I share your concerns, but when it comes to the Celts I am a hope addict, now hoping jg can play a decent 3, especially on D.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 pm

I like JG as a stretch 4. As a 3 he can post up but he does not have great handle. No cross over, etc.I envision him running the floor in an up tempo game.

Yes $9 mill per is a lot but the Celtics must feel comfortable about his surgery.

Dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:13 am

Having had knee surgery, back surgery, and open heart surgery, I can tell you the easiest to return from was the heart surgery. I still have knee and back problems, and the heart is fine. After the breastbone heals you are pretty much are fine. I am assuming the went inside on Jeff the same way they did me. Less than nine months after Open heart I was competing for our club championship in golf, which I would assume puts a lot of torque on your upperbody.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:36 am

Does that mean if I had heart surgery I could play championship golf? I knew there was something missing from my game.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:06 am

Tardust,

Congratulations on doing so well after the open-heart surgery. Despite all the advances they've made, that's still a serious operation, and I'm really happy for you. I'm wondering what your open heart surgery was aimed at correcting. I've had angioplasty (the procedure Danny Ainge underwent a couple of years ago) on seven occasions, and I'll probably be undergoing an aortic valve replacement in the not-too-distant future. I've been buying time while they perfect less invasive techniques that don't involve breaking the chest bone. My cardiologist said he'd have done the procedure already if I weren't feeling so absolutely super.

Worcester, would you be willing to re-post the link for that liquid that helps grow tissue? My wife may be headed for a second knee replacement, and we're trying to put it off as long as possible.

I don't mean to turn this into a medical board, but the collective resources of our membership are so vast that it's crazy not to tap into them.

Thanks,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Sam, It's Platelet Rich Plasma therapy (PRP) and there's a discussion of it at sasasotaneurolgy.com

Last edited by worcester on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks, W. She's really interested.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down