mrkleen09
sinus007
Sam
bobc33
NYCelt
cowens/oldschool
11 posters

Go down

PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 2 Empty PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 2

Post by 112288 Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:56 pm

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BOSTON 96 NEW YORK 93

GAME STATS

FGM-A 39-83 47.0%
3PM-A 6-11 54.5 %
FTM-A 12-16 75.0%
OREB 9
DREB 28
REB 37
AST 21
STL 8
BLK 5
TO 10
PF 22
PTS 96

Fast break points: 16
Points in the paint: 40
Team TO ( points off ): 10 (9)

NEW YORK

FGM-A 32-90 35.6%
3PM-A 8-25 32%
FTM-A 21-27 77.8%
OREB 20
DREB 33
REB 53
AST 14
STL 8
BLK 5
TO 12
PF 17
PTS 93

Fast break points: 4
Points in the paint: 34
Team TO ( points off ): 13 (10)

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 2 Empty Re: PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 2

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Bill Walker really helped us, got nothing from Green and Krstic again

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 2 Empty Re: PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 2

Post by 112288 Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Doc during his press conference was not a happy man. Even though we won he was not pleased by the win. Let's see if we can elevate our play in the next game and win big...I just feel we need a 20-25 pts blowout to get us moving.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Had to DVR this one and just finished watching it (10:35 p.m., 4/19).

Another close one like this and my heart is coming through my ribs.

I love the edge-of-your-seat entertainment thing, but how about we simply blow 'em out Friday and make this less stressful?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Rondo did his job tonight breaking down his man and driving to the hoop. Great offensive game by him. I like the way Doc is utilizing West. Bring him in and out as a special weapon.

I am not in favor of this "Small Lineup" where he has Green and Big Baby playing the 4 &5. Every time we buildup a lead Doc goes small and we are then usually tied or behind when he switches back........I just don't get it! What happened to Krstic...he makes a cameo appearence for 3 minutes each game and then he leaves.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:18 pm

We're up 2 to 0 but certainly don't look even close to playing our best. A close game without Chauncy and Stoudemire? Guess we'll chalk that up to "coming up big when you lose a key player syndrome."

It still feels like we are learning our capabilities and roles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:36 pm

I thought the three by Green was huge.

The Knicks had to go small without Amare. The Celts had to go small to match up. And I'm sure they would rather have had Davis in there than Krstic anyway.

As it was, the announcers were remarking on how the Celtics "outsized" the Knicks even without Krstic. One key to keeping the Knicks under control is to stay in front of them, because their favorite offensive tactic against the Celtics is to take it to the hoop. The smaller Knicks would have gone right around Krstic, and his height wouldn't have helped because he's not a shot-blocker.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:01 am

112288 wrote:Rondo did his job tonight breaking down his man and driving to the hoop. Great offensive game by him. I like the way Doc is utilizing West. Bring him in and out as a special weapon.

I am not in favor of this "Small Lineup" where he has Green and Big Baby playing the 4 &5. Every time we buildup a lead Doc goes small and we are then usually tied or behind when he switches back........I just don't get it! What happened to Krstic...he makes a cameo appearence for 3 minutes each game and then he leaves.

I thought West didn't do enough, we need much more from him and rest of bench.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 am

Hi,
Unfortunately, other than the last 6 min I was watching the game in in/out mode. Missed a lot.
I wholeheartedly agree with Doc. In those 6 min Celtics played defense for only about 5. I wonder how much does it take to realize that Melo is hot and needs a double team. I think Doc had to read a riot act to BBD: in those 6 min he made 2 or 3 horrible defensive mistakes that made me cringe.
I know, I know - W is W, but if they play the same way in the 2nd round Mia will clean them in 4 or 5 games. The only explanation I have is that they continue the regular season trend of playing down to the opponent.
From what I watched, my ball of the game goes to KG for diving for the 2 crucial possessions.
Thankfully Celtics have 2 days to rest, to think and regroup.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:04 am

Was at the game last night....what a great atmosphere.

Couple of observations.

1) Rondo showed what a big loss the Billups injury could prove to be. Douglas couldn’t guard Rajon on his best day, and Rondo had him tied up in knots. Got anything he wanted all night long.

2) The Knicks are a solid, professional team – with lots of guys that know their roles and know where to be etc. People like Jeffries and Turiaff are not great players – but they play hard, they rebound, the box out, they are good role players….and those are the kind of players the Celtics seem to struggle with.

They always play up (or down) to the competition – and without Amare to feed off of, KG sort of went to sleep in the second half. Thankfully he woke up in time to make a couple of big plays.

3) Paul Pierce is a beast. He gets hit on nearly every shot – and usually retains his balance and makes the hoop. His buckets down the stretch were total backbreakers. Same with Ray’s 3 pointers.

4) Carmello is a great player – but has one of the lowest basketball IQs I have seen. He is so talented that he can roam around the court and throw up unreal shot after unreal shot – but when it comes time to actually use his head, he comes up short (heaving up a 3 pt shot at the end of game 1 / forgetting to foul Delonte at the end of game 2)

In the end, this is playoff basketball and teams very rarely blow out the opposition. I think the Celtics can improve in nearly every aspect of their game – but in the end, 2-0 is 2-0.

They will get up for the bright lights of MSG – and I see them taking it at the Knicks on Friday night to go up 3-0.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:29 am

1) Kristics photo was spotted this morning the side of a milk carton.

2) Davis's photo is on the other side. Along with Wafer's

3) Why doesn't Ray Allen get to shoot in the 4th quarter?

4) Can we please box out. Knicks had like ( as Carl Sagan would have said) billions of billions offensive rebounds. OK it was only 20 which led to a bunch (24) second chance points.

5) JO may have only blocked a couple but he is as much of a presence around the defensive hoop as we have. Protected the rim well. Glad he can go 20 minutes. We need him for 30.

6) Melo.......he was guarded reasonably well but made 5-6 shots that had no business going in (but they did) PP played him pretty well but what was that title of that Jerry Reed classic " When you're HOT, you're HOT!"

7) Rondo must have had a meeting with himself. "If I take it to the rim I can make layups" could have he done (can he do) the same thing on Billups?

Cool Jeff Green needs to just flay out play and not worry about making a mistake.

Thank goodness there are no back to backs in the playoffs. Bench as got to play better for they can't go to much the other way.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:03 am

We shot 47%, they shot 36% and we only won by 3? I'll take the win (I'll take ANY win) but that's not comforting. Our 30 point 3rd quarter saved us. Whatever Doc said in the locker room must have been pure gold. Give Doc a timeout or halftime and he's the master of straightening things out.

1. Let me pose the question we must all be thinking. "Why can't Rondo play like this every night?". He constantly attacked the Knicks defense fullcourt last night and got layup after layup after layup. If 30 points isn't his career high, it's gotta be close. He was a one-man fast break. 16 fastbreak points for the Celtics vs 2 for the Knicks. That's what I like to see. Run it down their throats.

2. Carmelo Anthony had one of those "other worldly" games last night. That might be the best playoff game, by a player, since the 1986 63-point game by Jordan. Same result too. I have said in the past, and agree with MrKleen now, that he's a dumb, dumb player (in fact, I believe I posted tongue-in-cheek, last year, that perhaps one of the reasons Kenyon Martin was kept on the Nuggets was so there'd be a dumber player than Melo on the team) but he was throwing in shots that had no right (NO right!) to go in. The loss of Billups and Stoudemire was a liberating experience for him. He didn't have to worry about moving without the ball, because Billups had it. He didn't have to hang around the perimeter, hoping Amar'e would kick it out to him. He didn't have to worry about "playing within the system". He was "the system" last night. It was all Melo, all the time. Everything went through him. He almost pulled it off too. What really surprised me was the way he was outmuscling Pierce. Pierce isn't exactly a toothpick.

3. Our bench sucked again. West throwing up some awful shots. Krstic with a "what's the point" cameo. Jeff Green shooting an ugly 2-8 (although his 3 was big) and committing 5 fouls in just 12 minutes. Davis grabbing a few rugged rebounds, but otherwise committing some very dumb fouls (the one in the Knick backcourt with just one second left in the first half stands out as especially egregious). Jeff Green is not playing strong. TWO HAND SLAM THEM, GUY! Somebody needs to piss him off so that he'll take his aggressions out on the Knicks. Can we get his mother's phone number to Delonte West? A ton of dumb fouls by Davis and Green, in particular. They are putting a lot of pressure on Doc and the starters. KG needs to make them cry again.

4. Game winning dives by Kevin Garnett. The first one was the one where he was not able to call a timeout in time, but won the jump ball and, of course, the HUGE diving steal with 4 seconds left. One of the oldest players on the floor hitting hard wood without a second thought. The Worm used to give up his body like that, but very few players will. KG does regularly.

5. Bill Walker was 0-11 and just generally showed why he's no longer a Celtic. He's somewhere on the baketball IQ chart near by Kenyon Martin and Carmelo Anthony. Unlike them, though, he has a bit of an excuse, he came out of college with just over 1 years experience and lost a lot of NBA playing time due to injuries. Still, I can see where his combination of Gerald Green-like athleticism and inconsistent play would drive Doc crazy. We needed every single chuck from him we got and it shouldn't have been like that. We should have cleaned that team's clocks.

6. Billups scares me to death. Toney Douglas is starting to scare me into a coma. He's undersized, which makes him a liability on defense (I loved watching Rondo post him up on the blocks) but he is a stone-cold shooter.

7. Twenty offensive rebounds? We gave up twenty offensive rebounds? And that was without Stoudemire? Really? That's horrible. Pierce tried to play good defense against Melo outside, but he forgot to put his body on him inside. Jared Jeffries is a live body and did a very credible job against KG.

8. Another solid game for Jermaine. He's providing a much needed interior presence. His stats aren't as good as game 1, but he had them thinking twice all night and that's what we need. A lot of their offensive rebounds came when we sat JON down and went small with them. He sits on the bench with his knee wrapped in ice. I sure hope to God that's just precautionary. He has become a critical piece in this 18th championship puzzle.

I'm worried about our bench. We might not need them to beat the Knicks, technically, but because our future series are going to be harder we should be looking to the bench to give our starters more rest now. By forcing (due to their ineffectiveness) Pierce to play 45 minutes, Ray to play 39 and Rondo to play 42 in our opening series, that is opening the door for fatigue against (presumably) Miami and Chicago.

Amare's back spasms will subside by game 3. Billups may be back too. The good news is that probably means less of Melo. The bad news is that we can't play this well (except for giving up the 20 offensive boards) and have them play so poorly as a team and expect to win in NY.

Bitch, bitch, bitch. We're still up 2-0. Ask Mike Antoni (no D) if he's happy with his "moral" victories.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:20 am

bob what bench? I've yet to see it

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:35 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:bob what bench? I've yet to see it

cow,

touche,

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:38 am

Here's some clips, saluting JON's defense from "Posting and Toasting":

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Sorry guys, I dont see the fascination with Tony Douglas and how shooting 30% from the field last night and 36% in game one makes him a "stone cold" anything.

Rondo destroyed him last night....guy is a mediocre back up at best. D West would eat his lunch and feed it to him if he was getting the same number of minutes per game.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:51 pm

phase one complete
Goal: Defend Home Court
Mission accomplished
Rondo dominated the pg matchup. When he plays like that, it doesn't matter the competition.
JO played his role as well as could be expected. He is saving the C's season.
The Big Three gave the game what it needed.
C's up 2-0 which is where it counts.

Next: MSG
Goal: win one of two
Mission: Close it out
By one point or twenty, just win, bigbaby lol
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Paul Pierce made two of those plays we haven't seen often enough in these parts: a lefthanded block to Ray who found Rajon downcourt for a layup. It was a devastating play at that moment, shades of Number 6.

Then there was the baseline steal and save of the ball from going out of bounds by tiptoeing along the line. It was a perfect combination of knowledge and athleticism.

I hate to jinx him, but he was there everytime the team needed him. Last time I praised him he took a two month hiatus. This time he's going to fly.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down