+6
bigpygme
dboss
beat
Sam
mrkleen09
10 posters

Go down

PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 3 Empty PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 3

Post by 112288 Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:50 pm

WHEN YOU PLAY DEFENSE....GOOD THINKS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

JUST GOT OUT OF THE GARDEN ALIVE NOW IF I CAN MAKE IT TO THE TRAIN WITHOUT BEING MUGGED BY KNICK FANS!

BOSTON 113 NEW YORK 96

GAME STATS

BOSTON

FGM-A 42-83 50.6%
3PM-A 14-24 58.3 %
FTM-A 15-17 88.2%
OREB 13
DREB 30
REB 43
AST 31
STL 12
BLK 4
TO 20
PF 24
PTS 113

Fast break points: 11
Points in the paint: 24
Team TO ( points off ): 21 (14) +/- denotes team's net points while the player is on the court.

NEW YORK

FGM-A 33-76 43.4%
3PM-A 9-20 45.0%
FTM-A 21-28 75.0%
OREB 12
DREB 21
REB 33
AST 18
STL 9
BLK 7
TO 18
PF 16
PTS 96

Fast break points: 6
Points in the paint: 30
Team TO ( points off ): 20 (22) +/- denotes team's net points while the player is on the court.

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 3 Empty Re: PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 3

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:17 pm

Elvis has left the building Very Happy
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 3 Empty Re: PLAYOFFS 2011 POST GAME NEW YORK GAME 3

Post by 112288 Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 pm

Gotta thank my wife who helped post everything tonight and add my comments. The building was silent like a tomb as Ray Ray and Paul keep hitting 3's! People starting leaving with about 7 minutes to go in the 4th...gotta love it!

Spike Lee looked like the village idiot tonight. He had a Knick hat on, CA jersey and a Knick towel draped around his shoulders! What a fool!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:38 am

Consistency!

Start off fast, make the other team play catchup, and repel their every advance!

Let the scorers score and the playmaker assist.

Space and move, space and move.

Rebound early and often.

That's the end of class for today, kiddies.

Any questions?

Pass me a croissant, honey.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:10 am

First I have not watched the game yet (only the first quarter)! Marcus's game lasted till nearly 10PM (lost to a very good class B school 18-4. Marcus laid down a perfect suicide squeeze bunt (and also beat it out for the hit) to give us a 3-1 lead in the first inning unfortunately that was the hi-light of the game.

As for the C's

Loved that score and the result obviously BUT in lookng at the stats I noticed ALL of our starters had a big + advantage while ALL of our bench were -

Knicks starters were all - while some of their bench were actually +

Again have not watched the final 2 quarters but it appears our bench again as a group played rather poorly?

Win is a win and it was nice to not have it be a nailbiter. The minutes for the starters were certainly better. Now just finish this thing off Sunday! And move on!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:29 am

A NY headlines would read something like

"Knicks Brutally Beating at Home"

I can only imagine what it was like at the game. You could not help but hear all the yelling and cussing at the Celtics and the refs.

There is no need to remind ourselves of the fact that this team knows when to play a 'signature' type of game. There are few teams that have the emotional ability to turn themselves into sociopaths in the midst of a hostile environment with everybody watching and literally destroy their opponents. This was a psychological blow that will haunt the Knicks their fans and all the foolish media types all summer.

All of the pregame (national) shows picked the Knicks to win. And they based that on a collection of theories that were speculative at best.

I guess it is never a bad idea for the Celtics to remind everyone that they are still a championship contender that must be respected and feared.

Great game!

dboss

Last edited by dboss on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:33 am

Beat our bench was ineffective again except Green did poke his head out of the shell a few times to join the land of the living.

Our starters ripped into the Knick. Doc did not take any chances with the Knicks trying to comeback. He immediately put his starters back in the game in both the first and second halfs after the Knicks made a couple of runs.

The Knicks bench played well and was the main reason why this was not a 40 point blowout. The Knicks starters were pathetic.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:16 am

Landmark Game - this was the first time in the Big Three era that Pierce and Allen each went for 30 or more !!!
they both were unbelieveable, and by PP's after game comments, were feeding off each other's success !!!

our bench looked just sorry, beat. at least, they SHOULD be sorry, the way they played. BB, in particular, is not holding on well to his self-proclaimed role as the leader of the 2nd unit - others have made the point in other threads about apparent an weight increase as possibly explaining his lack of lift. whatever the reason, he's getting bare inches off the floor when he's jumping.

and while Green did a few things last night, they weren't much, and i for one am not the least impressed by what he's shown to date since his acquisition. i think i'm a bit of a lone wolf in that regard, but that's how i feel based on how he's played.

we need our bench to come in and at the very least hustle and not lose ground while they're in there, and we're not getting that ... yet.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:56 am

Man was it great to see Pierce, Ray and Rondo go off like that, Pierce was sick in a zone all game, he seems alot healthier than last year and showed the Garden why hes going to the HoF as did Ray too for that matter.

This team relished shutting up the NY crowd and if ever a team was pissed with a 2-0 lead, it was us, as the Big 4 took it on themselves to have their A game. Even though KG didn't score alot, I liked the way he defended and rebounded, and gotta love what JON is bringing, hes not winning every skirmish, but hes getting the better out of most exchanges, not like the other center. If we could ever just get 10-12 min out of Shaq to hard foul alittle and throw his bulk around and 25-28 min out of JON we can win the title.

I can only imagine how scary we would look with JON as he is now and he seems to be getting stronger, a little dosage of Shaq and Perk, that would be a good problem to have, managing all those minutes. I know that would be some hardnosed defense that would be epic, historic.

I don't know what to think of Green, he had a game I thought he could be the second coming of Danny Granger and I thought he could build off that, then now he looks worse than Shauwn Williams.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:09 am

I only saw the first few minutes of the Celtics game but it looks like they have moved into playoff mode. They had some dominating individual performances and were dominating as a team. It would be good if they could get any type of contribution from Krstic.
I have always felt that Boston and LA would turn it on when they needed to. Boston will be ready for the next round against Miami.
I am most impressed with Pierce. Due to his leg injury and conditioning over the last couple of years he seemed slower and sluggish. This year he looks to be in the best shape of his career which I feel is the reason why he shot his highest FG percentage of his career. He is not front-rimming nearly as many outside shots because his legs are stronger.
NY with Billups out and Amare hurt is not a playoff caliber team. Boston will finish the series on Sunday.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:43 am

Hi,
Great game. PP, RA and RR were were just incredible.
Here is an article by AWoj who, as everybody else, believes that yesterday Celtics earned tickets to Miami.
Besides going 3-0 Celtics delivered very hard psychological blow. I don't think that Knicks or any other team would be able to recover.
Despite all the great things a dark cloud is still here. The dark cloud in the form of Celtics bench, that is. They must start playing. KG, PP, RA and JON are not young pups - they have to be rested for at least 8-12 min. For that time the bench have to keep the team at least on float, no matter who's the opponent. So far, I don't see it with Knicks, even more so with Mia or Chi.
If NK, BBD, JG and DW start playing as they're capable of playing, I think the absence of Shaq won't be that important to get #18. Actually, if they play as they do now even if Shaq comes back at 100% Celtics won't get into the Finals.
Speaking about centers, I have to admit that JON is playing light years ahead of what I expected. Thank you very much.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm traveling and have limited access to the internet, which includes prolonged access to this site, but I saw the game.

1. When Rondo runs the ball up aggressively, the defense drops back to prevent penetration. After that, it's just about Pierce and Ray running to their spots and awaiting the ball. Last night, they couldn't miss. PHENOMENAL shooting by them.

2. JON is getting the job done. Not great stats, but he's rotating defensively beautifully. He's a difference maker.

3. A better game by Jeff Green, although hardly overwhelming. I'm tired of talking heads blathering about how his numbers are down and how he's not settling in. Play 2/3 the minutes, get 2/3 the production. How hard is that math, morons?

4. Amar'e has an excuse, his back is still stiff (and he says he won't be better by Sunday). Billups is saying he may be finished for this series. So, what's left is Melo and he had his 40 minutes of fame in game 2. This series is over.

5. Murph didn't do much, but he tapped out an offensive rebound. That shows me his body is a bit more lively than a month ago. That's good. If he gets his legs under him, he should get his shot back.

6. Once again, the bench is giving me agita. I thought they were our strong point...

7. Mike Antoni (no "D") sniffed, in today's NY Times, that Rondo got 20 assists because Pierce and Allen were hitting. Yeah, and he got to see Steve Nash for years in Phoenix and he's the one that, no doubt, had a say in trading away Rondo's rights to Boston. Antoni is an idiot. He's getting outcoached in this series and he's turning into a whiner.

With Billups probably out, Landry Fields looking like a starry-eyed rookie and Amar'e hobbled, this series is over. We should stick a fork into them on Sunday and then go after LeBum with a vengeance.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down