This is hilarious, check comments from the other side. Get your popcorn ready.....

+3
jeb
Sam
fiorelladad
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is hilarious, check comments from the other side. Get your popcorn ready..... Empty This is hilarious, check comments from the other side. Get your popcorn ready.....

Post by fiorelladad Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:37 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

This is hilarious, check comments from the other side. Get your popcorn ready..... Empty Re: This is hilarious, check comments from the other side. Get your popcorn ready.....

Post by Sam Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:52 pm

Florelladad, what is it that's hilarious, and why isn't this simply advertising? I'll wait a few minutes for your answer.

Thanks,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

This is hilarious, check comments from the other side. Get your popcorn ready..... Empty Re: This is hilarious, check comments from the other side. Get your popcorn ready.....

Post by fiorelladad Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:01 pm

The excerpt that reads" comments from the other side" is a compilation of posts from a Cavs blog and a Bobcats blog. It shows how bandwagoners some Cavs fans are and how willing they are to jump the boat after the first 2 games. Also it shows the reaction and points of view of the other teams fans regarding our Celtics. What I find completely hilarious and popcorn worthy reading is especially the Cavs bloggers. If they had pitchforks and Mike Brown home address they would have him running for the hills.
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks for the explanation Florelladad. It's nice to know that, although some people criticize Boston fans for being too fanatical and for considering the Celtics a way of life, fans of other teams can be at least as prone to jump when adversity hits.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Just read espn's preview in the mag and they pick us third because we are old. We got em right where we want em.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by fiorelladad Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:39 pm

"There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues"

Let them pick us third.......
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

Post by fiorelladad Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Sam wrote:Thanks for the explanation Florelladad. It's nice to know that, although some people criticize Boston fans for being too fanatical and for considering the Celtics a way of life, fans of other teams can be at least as prone to jump when adversity hits.

Sam
Which makes me even prouder to bleed green through all these years.
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Fio

Just went over and read that. Wow. I have said it before but here it is again. They will go Donner party by midseason.

I think they struggle to win 55. But also it is very damn early.

That was weird to read. They are just packin it up.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi,

I do not read too much into this stuff, this is a small percentage of fans, and possibly not the most knowledgeable, or patient. While they may be satisfying for us to read, I do not excpect the Cavs to implode (at least not yet). These comments are hand picked for entertainment purposes.

They played (2) very good teams, have quite a few new players, some, who are trying to determine their roles, and the team needs to develop chemistry (which may, or may not happen)

The coaches are trying to find out what they really have & how to best utilize it all.

I don't remember our record was early in the season (2) yrs ago, but I do know we lost some games we would have won later in that year. I do remember beating Washington in our home opener, and putting it to Arenas!

I am not comparing the Celts to the Cavs in any way here, as I believe were are a much, much better team, (2) years ago & now.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:38 pm

Pete

I hear you but I do think they are going to struggle. I really do. The Hawks and all the young quick teams are going to run circles around them.

I felt this way before I saw them play. I felt Shaq was goin to hurt them. He aint too good at playin second fiddle.

I thought they looked really slow against us save Bron.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

This is hilarious, check comments from the other side. Get your popcorn ready..... Empty Shaq subject to citizen's arrest???

Post by gacracker Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:10 pm

Apparently Shaq is applying to join the deputy's department in Cleveland so that he can carry a gun and make arrests and the like.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4605270

Dunno about that. Based on his play the first two games, I can easily see his being subject to citizen's arrest and not the other way around.

The charges against him: Let's start with Loitering in A Public Place and go from there. Material witness present at the scene of a "crime"? Impersonation? Fraud? Stalled Truck in the Fast Lane?

Lots of potential charges come to mind.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:20 pm

Jeb,

You may be 100% right, all I was trying to say is that it may be too early to celebrate & it is a long season. The Shaq factor is real, and may very well prove to be a huge part (pun) of their demise.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Pete

It is early. And the Cavs are going to be very good. If they add Jackson from the warriors they get scary fast.

It does not seem to me like they have enough shooters.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:27 pm

Jeb,

It is a long season, time will tell. Most importantly, the Celts have all the tools to be special this year & I am pretty darn pumped about that.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:36 pm

Pete

This is the best team top to bottom since the 86 squad. They remind me of each other and Danny's offseason moves were spot on. I think by the end of the year we are all going to love Marquis.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Jeb,

Why wait, I'm on the Daniels bandwagon now. I was also was happy to see Williams driving the lane last night. If he can give us a bit of that every game, that would add to the pot. I didn't expect that from him.

We have a ton of options, and I agree a this is a lot like the 86 team. The passing between Bird & Walton, was something to see, and something I will never forget. If you think about it, having Sheed & Williams come off the bench, is similar to Having Walton & Sichting, although their games differ, the impact can be the same. I know House is more like Jerry, I am focusing on them because they are new. I can't remember the last time since 86 that we had this many options, in fact, we may have more that that team. No Greg Kite, but I think we can survive with out him.

Sam has mentioned that this team has some similarities to some of the great 60s teams, so we really have something here.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Pete,

Walton and Bird just abused people on the give and go and pick and roll. Sheed has similar skills. He is a better shooter and not quite as good a passer. I think Sheed will get some clutch rebounds this year in traffic which is also something the big redhead did.

I'm with you on Quis and Shelden is showing some real toughness. It will wind up being good for us that BBD is out for a while. I think Shelden is going to surprise some people this year.

Watchin Bulls/ Spurs...both teams look good.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:37 pm

jeb65 wrote:Pete,

Walton and Bird just abused people on the give and go and pick and roll. Sheed has similar skills. He is a better shooter and not quite as good a passer. I think Sheed will get some clutch rebounds this year in traffic which is also something the big redhead did.

I'm with you on Quis and Shelden is showing some real toughness. It will wind up being good for us that BBD is out for a while. I think Shelden is going to surprise some people this year.

Watchin Bulls/ Spurs...both teams look good.

Jeb

Don't forget DJ. Check out the pass to Bird at the 4:26 mark. If this squad approaches the passing of the 86 team (which it may) we are in for a good year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY_4v2FkyUA

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:53 pm

Bob c

I live in Austin and DJ passed away about a mile from my house. It broke my heart. Inre Dj s passing skills. One of the best. The ball moved through the air on that team. Dj was not the worlds best shooter, but when it mattered he always seemed to make them. That 86 team was very very skilled at every spot.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:11 pm

DJ never got enough credit for going to the hoop, and the layup after the Bird steal. That was a heads up play. He anticipated as much as Bird did.

Great clutch player. I always wanted to know what his shooting % was in the last 3 minutes of a game.

Pete

Last edited by pete on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by fiorelladad Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:10 am

jeb65 wrote:Pete

It is early. And the Cavs are going to be very good. If they add Jackson from the warriors they get scary fast.

It does not seem to me like they have enough shooters.

Jeb

Not that scary, if they sign Jackson they have to give up Ilgauskas. I hope they do that. No BUC for Shaq and no stretching the floor with Z. Besides they have like a gazillion 2's and 3's.
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:15 am

Fio

None of their 2's and 3's can shoot. If they lose Z and pick up Jackson I think they are right back in the hunt.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by fiorelladad Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:06 am

jeb65 wrote:Fio

None of their 2's and 3's can shoot. If they lose Z and pick up Jackson I think they are right back in the hunt.

Jeb

Brown uses Delonte as 2 and sometimes Gibson depending the matchup. They brought Parker for his outside shot also Moon is a slasher. If they lose Z there's no one to spell Shaq except Varebitch or a mismatch with Leon when/if he plays this year. Also it is said that Jackson is a cancer in the locker room and I don't think the Cavs locker room has the respect and calming effect that the Big 3 had when Marbury was here.
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:08 am

I hear you. But if he is happy he can really ball and he fears no one. I hope the cavs dont get him. He wont be enough but it would make me nervous.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by fiorelladad Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:22 am

In one of Pierce tweets last year he wrote: "Never fear, Pierce is here!"
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next