Perk arrested

Go down

Perk arrested Empty Perk arrested

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:48 pm

This from redsarmy.com

Update: Stephen Jackson was NOT arrested. Speaking as someone who watched him play for years with GSW I can will great confidence "he's trouble". Things always seem to happen around him. NOT a good influence in the lockerroom. Monta Ellis, an impressionable kid out of high school, was his best friend on the team and Monta Ellis' attitude went south like a duck in winter after Stephen Jackson came here.

Here's the link to the local Beaumont newspaper. The story from redsarmy is below the line.
http://www.kfdm.com/articles/-44272--.html

__________________________________________________________________________________
Report: Kendrick Perkins, Stephen Jackson arrested
Via KDFM.com:

KFDM has confirmed that NBA stars Kendrick Perkins and Stephen Jackson were arrested in Beaumont early Saturday morning. The two were booked into the Jefferson County jail around 4:00a.m.on charges of public intoxication and disorderly conduct. The charges are a class C misdemeanor. Per Texas penal code 12.23, an individual guilty of a class C misdemeanor shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $500. Both Perkins and Jackson posted bond of $150 shortly after being booked and were released.

The arrest comes after Perkins reportedly had an accident at Stephen Jackson's home in Port Arthur late Thursday night. KFDM confirmed a 27 year old male was taken from Jackson's home by ambulance to the Medical Center of Southeast Texas. The subject was treated for minor injuries and released.

A spokesperson for Perkins stated that Kendrick was suffering from dehydration and was told by doctors to rest. The Celebrity exhibition game scheduled at his basketball camp Friday afternoon was cancelled and Perkins did not attend the banquet that concluded his camp Friday night.

The good news... Rajon Rondo, who was in town for Perk's celebrity basketball game, is not named in the report.

However, the not-so-credible website MediaTakeOut.com claims Rondo was involved in the melee. It's possible their sources mistook Rondo for Stephen Jackson, but the two stories don't match up at all. A source also tells us that there was no shooting as was claimed in the MediaTakeOut report.

I'm more trusting of the television station report because of the details of the charges.

I placed a call to the Beaumont police department and was directed to the KDFM website. I assume they consider that report accurate.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down