beat
Outside
bobheckler
8 posters

Go down

Goodbye Ron Artest Empty Goodbye Ron Artest

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:46 am

Hello Metta World Peace?

This from Marc Spears, for Yahoo Sports. He just gets weirder and weirder and weirder...

LOS ANGELES – Say goodbye to Ron Artest(notes) and hello to Metta World Peace.

The Los Angeles Lakers forward – born Ronald William Artest Jr. on Nov. 13, 1979 – will officially have his name changed to Metta World Peace on Friday.

Ron Artest wants to change his jersey from the No. 15 he wore last season to No. 70.

Along with his name change, Artest also said he plans to switch his jersey number to 70 next season.

“You can call me Ron today and then it’s over. It’s a wrap,” Artest said. “It’s about love, world peace. Everybody can relate to that, whether it’s in the same community or the same state or the same country or whether it’s a country going to war.

“It’s about world peace. You know what I mean? The kids need to know that, and they know that now.”

Artest currently wears No. 15 for the Lakers, and this won’t be his first number change. During his time with the Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings, Houston Rockets and Lakers, he has also worn No. 23 to honor Michael Jordan, No. 91 to honor Dennis Rodman, Nos. 93 and 96 to honor his hometown of Queens, N.Y., and No. 37 to honor Michael Jackson. Artest’s goal is to wear 10 numbers before the end of his career.

“I’m changing it to 70 because it’s like something to do with the universe,” Artest said. “Everything kind of repeats itself. The universe is one. It’s the same thing. Healthy minds, just keeping the kids positive.”

Artest said he remains interested in playing for the Cheshire Jets of the Britain Basketball League, but won’t make an official decision until after Nov. 22, provided the lockout hasn’t ended. Artest’s agent recently told the Los Angeles Times that the Jets have yet to offer Artest insurance to play.

“I’m definitely going if I’m not playing [in the NBA],” Artest said. “…It’s pro basketball. It’s going to be fun. Small gym – I want to go somewhere nice and small. I’ve had other opportunities to make more money in other places, but I want to play in a small area.”

Kobe and Pau's eyes are probably spinning in their heads like tops now, and I'm sure it's making Derek Fisher's job (President Players Union) of making the players look reasonable to the owners a whole lot easier too. Right...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Ron Artest Empty Re: Goodbye Ron Artest

Post by Outside Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Humans are a strange species. He's exhibit A.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:01 pm

I'm officially changing my name to,

Bobsamjeb Outsideswish Bannereighteen

or BOB for short.

no further comment needed or warranted.

beat (BOB)
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:42 pm

beat wrote:I'm officially changing my name to,

Bobsamjeb Outsideswish Bannereighteen

or BOB for short.

no further comment needed or warranted.

beat (BOB)

Can't beat that.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Just call me Frank.......aka/rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Just call me Frank.......aka/rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:42 pm

I always liked World B. Free's game - and name.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Bob,

This one's for you...

Ron Artest name change delayed due to ticket issue
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Ron Artest’s bid to become Metta World Peace has been delayed.

A Los Angeles court commissioner delayed ruling on a name change petition by the Lakers forward until Sept. 16.

Superior Court spokeswoman Elizabeth Martinez says the court cited Artest’s outstanding traffic warrants as the reason for the delay. Additional information was not immediately available.

Artest did not come to court Friday and his attorney Jill Rubin declined to comment after hearing of the judge’s decision.

The 31-year-old Artest had been counting on the name change to go through, announcing on Twitter Thursday night that he was planning a celebratory barbecue.

Artest requested the name change in June, stating in court filings only that it was for personal reasons.

...Imagine that; World Peace held up by a traffic ticket.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Wait until he is introduced in the first game by another team's announcer. What a hoot! Hey, good luck to him! Look at Chad Ochocinco, he doesn't seem to have any problems.

And World BFree didn't seem to have many problems when he changed his.

Oh well, to each his own
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Didn't the cop know that Ron is a peacenik and shouldn't be subjected to nuisance tickets? Sort of like that renowned peacenick, (Peace)Nick Faldo, who challenged me (by private email) to climb into the ring with him so he could knock off the head of an old bag of sh_t. (I told him to forget the gloves and I'd show him some of my Ranger training from the military he hates so much; and suddenly he softened.)

Sam

Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:30 pm

Nick Faldo thinks he is a big bully, always has been. He is useless, and he wouldn't be able to hold his own with you Sam, you could talk him into oblivion
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Funny, Rosalie, he depicts himself as a peace fanatic. He could only have learned all the filth he spewed at me in the Army. I guess he's just seriously conflicted. Well, we don't have to worry about him.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:55 am

Outside wrote:Humans are a strange species. He's exhibit A.

i shouldnt say exhibit A, maybe A(b).. theres still that mess known as Denis Rodman.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Matty wrote:
Outside wrote:Humans are a strange species. He's exhibit A.

i shouldnt say exhibit A, maybe A(b).. theres still that mess known as Denis Rodman.

hooter,

Didn't you see Men in Black? Rodman's not from here. He's just lousy at disguises.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 pm

sam wrote:Didn't the cop know that Ron is a peacenik and shouldn't be subjected to nuisance tickets? Sort of like that renowned peacenick, (Peace)Nick Faldo, who challenged me (by private email) to climb into the ring with him so he could knock off the head of an old bag of sh_t. (I told him to forget the gloves and I'd show him some of my Ranger training from the military he hates so much; and suddenly he softened.)

Sam

sam,

Nick Faldo wants peace and he'll beat up anybody who doesn't agree with him.

Man, you can't make stuff up this good.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down