beat
gyso
Sam
worcester
8 posters

Go down

Most hated NBA players Empty Most hated NBA players

Post by worcester Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:48 am

I came upon the following website which listed the most hated NBA player of each of the 32 franchises. Surprisingly, eight of those 32 had played for the Celtics. Can you guess who they are, before reading the link?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/875254-most-hated-player-in-the-history-of-every-nba-franchise?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Most hated NBA players Empty Re: Most hated NBA players

Post by Sam Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Congratulations to LeBron, who managed to be the most hated for two teams.

This is one of those rare times when I'm happy that most NBA fans think NBA history began around 1980. I'm sure that Jim Loscutoff and Bob Brannum will rest more peacefully tonight as a result. Wilt too.

I made nine guesses as to the most hated ex-Celtics, and I got only one right—Shaq. I wonder if Danny Ainge got honorable mention. If they had a special category for most hated in their own city, could Sidney Wicks and Curtis Rowe have failed to finish in a dead heat for first place?

Sam.

Last edited by sam on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Not in any order:

Sheed, Perk, Jim Loscutoff, Payton, Marbury, Shaq, Ainge, Robey

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Sam, So right you are that today's writers seem to think the NBA started in 1980. No mention of Wilt? How's that possible? Certainly by other players Jungle Jim was hated a lot more than Paul Pierce, and in Boston Curtis and Sidney would win the Adolph Hitler award. As for coaches, Rick Pitino has that award sewn up for the next century.

Giso, You did pretty good - 4 out of 8. Sheed, Payton, Marbury, and Shaq.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:15 pm

Well I got Pierce Walker Shaq and Wallace.

Agree with Sam must be quite an honor to be the most hated player on two different teams. Another cherished award for the king with no ring.

beat

PS: speaking of honors I'll just throw this in here. Marcus made the National Honor Society. We were "officially" informed yesterday.

He picked his 5th grade teacher for his guest. Mr. Jon Abbott was/is a great teacher. His only problem is that he is a yankee fan.

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:57 pm

That is wonderful Beat. I hope he keeps it up, I have a daughter who would probably go to school for the rest of her life if she could. She graduated cum laude from Suffolk University and the same at BC when she got her masters.
Everytime I turn around she is getting more and more education. Just became
a nutritionist. I wish I could say it was because of me, she is just a motivated girl. So, tell Marcus to keep it up, although I doubt if you have to motivate him
much. He seems like such a great kid.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Some of these I don't get, but I think it's just because their teams haven't done enough to really hate them like Glenn Robinson. Who gives a damn about him? Others, like Starbury, were easy. Sheed for Portland? How about Maurice Lucas? Oh yeah, I forgot, when they said in "Most Hated in NBA History" they meant in the memory of 20-somethings.

I wonder if Bird would have beaten out Pierce if Bird had been black (just wondering?). If attitude and trash-talking while coming through in the clutch are the criteria, Larry Legend has it all over Pierce.

Rodman was the most hated Bull? I'd have taken him on my team, 'tude and all, anytime. That guy ate rebounds like Joey Chestnut eats hotdogs. Just couldn't give it to Michael, huh, even after his God-Awful acceptance speech? Jerry Sloan had a shot too. You ached for days after playing him. Another guy I'd take in a NY second. I guess I just love a good bad guy.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:08 pm

beat wrote:Well I got Pierce Walker Shaq and Wallace.

Agree with Sam must be quite an honor to be the most hated player on two different teams. Another cherished award for the king with no ring.

beat

PS: speaking of honors I'll just throw this in here. Marcus made the National Honor Society. We were "officially" informed yesterday.

He picked his 5th grade teacher for his guest. Mr. Jon Abbott was/is a great teacher. His only problem is that he is a yankee fan.

beat,

Wow. BIG Congratulations to Marcus on his elevation to the National Honor Society! He really is growing into quite a good young man. What's next? Dare I say "Rhodes Scholar"?

His San Francisco fan club is gushing.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Beat, tell Marcus Amherst College has a good baseball program and lots of scholarship money for intelligent athletes.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Bob

Neither my wife or I ever made NHS.

Now both our kids have.

Last I checked his grade average this year it is just a shade over 95%

Not sure how the smarts in the gene pool run deeper with them.
Being smart is great but having good old common sense can get you further in a lot of ways.

And his driving is going well too! ( not golf )

Now if we can get that pitching form back to normal

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Why Delonte West on this list?????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:44 pm

worcester wrote:Beat, tell Marcus Amherst College has a good baseball program and lots of scholarship money for intelligent athletes.

Thanks W

for now it is hoops and he is just trying like heck to make the team. He knows he won't play a lot but he's OK with that.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:30 pm

beat wrote:Well I got Pierce Walker Shaq and Wallace.

beat

Beat,

Most hated NBA players Two_th10

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Beat, tell Marcus congrats!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:15 am

Beat,

Please congratulate Marcus for me, and Sarah as well. (I don't recall knowing about her award.) Two very different personality but with the commonality of very high intelligence and work ethic. I'm really happy for both of them...and their very deserving parents.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic fan Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:27 am

worcester wrote:Sam, So right you are that today's writers seem to think the NBA started in 1980. No mention of Wilt? How's that possible? Certainly by other players Jungle Jim was hated a lot more than Paul Pierce, and in Boston Curtis and Sidney would win the Adolph Hitler award. As for coaches, Rick Pitino has that award sewn up for the next century.

The article is from bleacher report... any monkey who has a thought can get 'published' on there. A lot of wanna be NBA thinkers and wannabe writers go there and churn out some truly biased articles and utter dreck.

I put next to no merit into those articles.

celtic fan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:52 am

celtic fan wrote:
worcester wrote:Sam, So right you are that today's writers seem to think the NBA started in 1980. No mention of Wilt? How's that possible? Certainly by other players Jungle Jim was hated a lot more than Paul Pierce, and in Boston Curtis and Sidney would win the Adolph Hitler award. As for coaches, Rick Pitino has that award sewn up for the next century.

The article is from bleacher report... any monkey who has a thought can get 'published' on there. A lot of wanna be NBA thinkers and wannabe writers go there and churn out some truly biased articles and utter dreck.

I put next to no merit into those articles.

It's just a litle fun is all CF. Who cares who wrote it or even how the final players for each team was arrived at. Just an opinion either from the writer or a somewhat limited poll of "fans".

Plus it was fun to see how many you could come up with!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down