green stayin green

4 posters

Go down

green stayin green Empty green stayin green

Post by Matty Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:47 pm

this is exciting to hear that the Perkins trade is not completely for not..

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216718/Green_Intends_To_Remain_With_Celtics cheers

more playing time with Rondo and large Infant i think can be productive for him, and the team..

d@mnitt, im missing basketball, cant wait to hear me some badfinger...

(non basketball related)
p.s. less than a month guys Wink
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

green stayin green Empty Re: green stayin green

Post by pete Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:11 am

(non basketball related)
p.s. less than a month guys Wink [/quote]

Hey Matty, glad all is well. Happy Thanksgiving, and my best to ya for the upcoming, life changing, exciting, challenging, ok enough with the adjectives, event!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:16 pm

I'd say this is good news if the price is right, but the price will be "right" based upon whatever the new CBA says is "right".

I have to keep reminding myself that neither Green nor Krstic had a training camp and exhibition season with the Celtics. They were just thrown into the fire, just as the playoff seeding race cranked up. Unfortunately, due to the stupidity and greed of all concerned it doesn't look like they're gonna get one now either, but at least they (or at least Green) has had some time with Doc's playbook and with his teammates. It's not camp, but it's something.

We still need another center (or two?), even if Krstic comes back.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:37 am

It looks like Green doesn't lack for confidence anyway.

Maybe the NBA will surprise us with a deal for a shortened season; a good wedding gift for Matty.

Who knows what the team would look like, but a shorter season would be good for us with the aging veterans we know we have.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:57 pm

This from RedsArmy.com

Ummmm how can free agency and training camp begin the same day? - This is a tweet from Jeff Green, per redsarmy.

How the new deal screwed Jeff Green

Jeff Green is in a tough spot. He's a restricted free agent and he was supposed to have an entire summer to gauge the interest in his services and find a place to play where felt comfortable and made a good amount of money. Sure, he would have had to wait a week for Danny Ainge to match any offers... which could have screwed him over a little (like Danny did with Glen Davis). But at least he had time.

But time is not on his side now. The NBA season begins in four weeks. Green's biggest problem with Boston has been a lack of comfort level with the system. He came over in that late season trade and was thrust into a position that he never quite got comfortable with. This training camp, assuming he did re-sign with the Celtics, was supposed to be his chance to immerse himself in the Celtics playbook and culture so he'd have the best possible chance at succeeding.

With free agency starting on the SAME DAY as training camp, Green can't possibly do that. Nor can he truly be a free agent. The new CBA will cut the time a GM has to match an offer from 7 days down to 3, which helps players down the road, but screws Jeff Green. All Danny has to do is let it be known he intends to match offers for Green and teams will back off knowing Danny won't do it until the full 3 days is over. Even if a team steps up right away, by the time Green accepts the offer and Danny responds, Green will have lost, literally, almost half of training camp.

So what's Green to do? His best bet is to stay here in Boston, sign a deal right away, and get the most out of training camp. A deal that works for both sides would be something short term, maybe only two years, at a reasonable number (not sure what that is in this CBA... $8 million per?) and then Jeff can be an unrestricted free agent in just a couple of years.

By then, this CBA madness will have sorted itself out, the Celtics will know if they've got the post-Pierce era small forward they need, and Green will have time to get comfortable and prove his worth. All things considered, it's the best win-win scenario I can come up with. For a guy like Jeff Green who got screwed out of being free agent, even a restricted one, this is the best of a bad situation.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down