Jeff Green

3 posters

Go down

Jeff Green Empty Jeff Green

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:27 pm

So, now that we know that Rondo is not going to be traded, everyone is worried about how he will react to all of these rumors. I suppose that is a reasonable worry. However, Jeff Green is a restricted free agent this year. He was offered a contract from the Celtics, but has not accepted it. Now
that all this information is out that he was dangled out there too, along with Rondo, what do you think he will do with this offer? My thought is that he
will reject it, play the year, and become a free agent next year. Anyone got any thoughts about this???
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Jeff Green Empty Re: Jeff Green

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:12 pm

Rosalie,

My short answer is I Don't Know. Is Green as emotionally delicate as Rondo? If he is, then he'll shop around. If not, he'll understand it's just business and stick to his guns about wanting to show Boston who he really is. He has already gone on record as admitting his performance with the Celtics so far has been underwhelming, so I wouldn't think he'd be toooo surprised that they might look to move him.

Camp starts today, and it's a short one. He didn't get a camp with us last year, so he could really gain a lot from being there now. The fact that he hasn't accepted the qualifying offer and isn't already there is disturbing.

Maybe that's why Danny was so ready to throw him into the Paul deal in the first place?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:22 pm

I think Boston had to make a decision between signing Green or Davis to multi year contracts. That issue was resolved with the Bass/Davis Swap. Now they can focus on getting Green under contract and they will have more leverage finacially to do that.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:32 pm

He signed a one year deal today. They had an hour and a half show on comcast from the training facility in Waltham tonight. They also signed Chris Wilcox
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down