swedeinestonia
MDCelticsFan
sinus007
RosalieTCeltics
9 posters

Go down

Rondo Article Empty Rondo Article

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:30 pm

There is a very interesting article in today's Boston Herald about Rondo. It has to do with his maturity, and an outburst after game 2 against Miami in the
playoffs last year. I really wonder if he "gets it"?

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Rondo Article Empty Re: Rondo Article

Post by sinus007 Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Rosalie,
Thx, I read it. The more interesting question is why BH decided to publish it now?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Rondo's psyche is very fragile. If Ainge doesn't watch out, he's going to ignite a powder keg that may blow up in his face. If you're going to keep Rondo get behind him with reassurace the he's the MAN to QB the Celtic offense. If not trade him and be done with it. Personally, anyone who played with such a horrific injury done to him by Wade in last year's playoffs is good as gold to me. Rondo's tough. I wonder if he's somehow if Ben Roethlisberger of the Steelers isn't his blue-eyed brother!

MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Living here in Boston, I have to put up with the local reporters, TV and newspaper. It has been open season on Rondo these past few days while
all this trade talk has been going on. Talk about kicking someone when their down

I hope Rondo comes out, has a great season and shuts them all up. I know he has his faults, but good God, don't we all. You should hear them talking about Brady this week!!!! One interception in the end zone, a lousy mistake, and they are all over him.

No matter how much enjoyment people get from watching the Celtics, these
reporters feel the need to dwell on the negative. Great job, huh??????

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:07 pm

That outburst shows he has passion.

Shit happens, you get upset, you vent, you apologize, you move on.

KG would not want it any other way.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Rondo has a bull's eye painted on his back. I think management has already decided his fate and will pull the trigger if they can swing a trade bringing in an established super star at another position.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:56 pm

If his shooting skills and matador defensive style of play don't improve drastically, then any attitude change will not be much of a factor when it comes to taking his game to the next level. Just my opinion.
swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:16 pm

His matador style of defensive play seems to shut down most of the top PG's in the NBA, so I'm loathe to criticize his defense. I really doubt that Danny is dissatisfied with Rondo, and the chances Danny will be able to land a superstar PG to replace him are scant.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:01 pm

I read the article as well as rondos response. He was contrite and very positive about his role.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:44 am

Here's an interview with KG. In it, he talks about Rondo:

Said Garnett: “I’ve grown to understand (Rondo). His greatest gift is his greatest curse. We as players try to help him to understand that. Me, more or less, I see a lot of myself in him. I’m not as cocky as he is. I like to actually set aside ego when I step on the court and let the play do the talking.

“Shorty’s very smart but he’s also very stubborn. Nonetheless, with all that said and done, talking to him, I see the maturity, I hear the maturity in him wanting to be better. That’s what you want from your young guy. You want your young guy growing. You want your guy to always be in a sense to where he’s understanding that he’s the future. I think him understanding that, him being confident in that. You hear your name in talks, that’s not what you want to be. Things like that come on for a reason. Just understanding growth and understanding being young. But I love Shorty. I wouldn’t want to play with anybody else.”

For more, see link:

http://www.celticslife.com/2011/12/kevin-garnett-rondo-is-smartest-most.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down