Rondo and Dooling doubtful for Friday

+2
beat
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Rondo and Dooling doubtful for Friday Empty Rondo and Dooling doubtful for Friday

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Bradley or Moore might get the start against the Phoenix Suns and that Sneaky, Little Canadian (and 2x MVP).

Oh. My. God.

On the bright side, The Honey Badger's defense might actually work to slow Nash down. On the downside, well, do I really need to go into the downside?

This is Bradley's big coming out party. Let's see if he's ready for it. Short of starting against Chris Paul, this is about as big as it gets...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rondo and Dooling doubtful for Friday Empty Re: Rondo and Dooling doubtful for Friday

Post by beat Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Bob

Arn't we all really "day to day"?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Rondo and Dooling doubtful for Friday Empty Re: Rondo and Dooling doubtful for Friday

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:51 pm

beat wrote:Bob

Arn't we all really "day to day"?

beat

beat,

The way these guys are giving me heart attacks I know I am.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:47 am

Celts could be without Rondo, Dooling, JON and Wilcox against Phoenix.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 am

Everyone crying to see more bench players.

HERE YOU GO. Enjoy.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Everyone crying to see more bench players.

HERE YOU GO. Enjoy.

mrkleen,

Good one. :-)

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Dooling, O'Neal and Wilcox being out isn't going to be anything new. When was the last time Dooling and Wilcox were in? Stiemsma, KG and Bass should give us what O'Neal would in splitting his minutes. They might give us more.

Gortat is going to be a challenge no matter what and the rotation of Markieff Morris and Channing Frye at the 4 will also present some issues. I'm not sure which of them will start but they've been going to Morris for more scoring. Robin Lopez and possibly even Hakim Warrick off the bench will keep the pressure on our frontcourt. If they go as deep as Warrick, maybe Doc will trot Johnson out there as a situational sub against a relatively soft assignment.

Although front-court depth at C and PF is a possible problem, I would think Rondo being out could ultimately be an even bigger concern here. Doesn't he presently account for some 40% of our scoring average between assists and points?

We'll see lots of Moore and Bradley. I hope they're ready for Nash; they'll at least get a break when Telfair is in.

This certainly will be a big test of some of our bench players. The ones that aren't injured anyway. One way or the other we should start to learn a little more about what we have tonight. Friday night at home; we'll have the crowd jammin' and ready too. I would look for a close one down to the wire. You might give even odds overall that this could end up being a good night for the C's.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Phoenix has it's issues -- they're 5-9 and have lost five of their last six -- but Gortat is underrated and could be a handful. He got off to a slow start after breaking his thumb in the preseason, but in the last nine games, he's averaged 16.7 points and 11.0 rebounds, and he had 24 points and 15 rebounds against the Spurs a few games ago.

A big plus in my view for any Phoenix game is the opportunity to watch Steve Nash. I just love that guy.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Gortat is one of the most fundamentally sound, albeit un-aweinspiring, center in the league. Not an outside threat, but he will pick-and-roll you to death and defends well. We saw him do it to us when he was with Orlando and I'm sure it'll happen with that SLC (Sneaky Little Canadian) even more so.

I agree with Outside, I love watching Steve Nash too, just not against the Celtics. They will run at every chance and you cannot leave that SLC alone for a second or he will drain it. He is the best pick-and-roll passer since Stockton retired. Hell, he might even be better than Stockton at that since Stockton mostly did it with Malone, SLC can/will do it with anybody. He's unbelievable. An absolute throwback.

Bradley MUST stay with Nash. He cannot fall off to help with penetration nor can he go under picks. Our perimeter pick-and-roll defense must be outstanding tonight. Whomever is guarding the picker MUST jump out and force SLC back a step, to give Bradley a chance to come over the pick and then retreat to his man swiftly, or he will make us pay dearly.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down