HUMMMMMMMM.....HOWARD TO CELTICS.............GETTING WARMER!

+3
beat
mrkleen09
7 posters

Go down

HUMMMMMMMM.....HOWARD TO CELTICS.............GETTING WARMER! Empty HUMMMMMMMM.....HOWARD TO CELTICS.............GETTING WARMER!

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

SO HOWARD WANTS TEAM BALL....HUMMMMMM...WONDER WHAT TEAM PLAYS TEAM BALL THESE DAYS?

Dwight Howard: Magic have to 'change'

January 27, 2012 10:34 am

Howard is an unrestrictred free agent in the summer of 2012. By Matt Moore

The circumstances were pretty complex Thursday night. The Orlando Magic blew a 27-point lead, at home, to the Boston Celtics, who had come up as a new possible landing place for Dwight Howard. So while one regular season win or loss is not going to sway Howard one way or the other, it's definitely not the message you want to send if you're Orlando trying to keep the most dominant center in the league playing in your laundry. Especially when afterwards he says things like this, from the Orlando Sentinel:
Howard intimated that teammates didn’t stick to their roles Thursday night’s loss to Boston.

“We didn’t play the right way and we have to change,” he said.“Everybody just can’t come down the floor and feel like they have to take the game over. You just have to play team-ball and play the way we want to play. We didn’t do that.”

Howard included himself in the meltdown inwhich the Magic lost a 27-point lead.
via Dwight Howard calls out teammates to “change” – Orlando Magic BasketBlog – Orlando Sentinel.

This isn't anything new. Howard, like a lot of stars, is often critical of his team after a particularly bad loss. It just doesn't come at a great time with his impending free agency hanging over the Magic, just hours after he told reporters he'd answer a call from the Celtics about acquiring him.

Howard has told reporters in the past that not having his input weighted more heavily by the front office is part of his decision to ask for a trade. When Howard says the Magic have to "change," he probably has some ideas about how that change should occur. The Magic's fate with regards to Howard has been sealed for months. But Thursday night certainly didn't help.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Howard would listen to offer from Celtics

Howard says he would consider playing for Boston. By Matt Moore

OK, so now all of a sudden Dwight's OK with Boston. This is getting hard to keep track of. For months, it's been assumed that Howard would not consider Boston on his list of teams to go to. Multiple reports have indicated he's expressed that he will not re-sign there if traded to the Green Team. But now there's different information... from Howard's own mouth.
And if Howard is still available — if the Magic don’t blink and move him before the March deadline — C’s president Danny Ainge will undoubtedly put in a call to Team Dwight.

The question is whether he’ll answer.

“Always. Always,” Howard told the Herald. “I’d always listen to a team like that.

“My thing is I want to win. It’s not something like I’m doing this for money. I win. I want to do it my way.”

There may be two problems for the Celtics in that last paragraph. Howard may question whether the club can win with him, Rajon Rondo, Paul Pierce, a collection of minimum salary veterans and a few children. And his “way” likely means a bigger stage.
via Dwight Howard to Hub? - BostonHerald.com.

This does not mean that Boston is at the top of, or near the top of the list for Howard. He's made his choices pretty clear. But Boston has continually dogged him in the playoffs. Joining them would be joining an organization all about winning, who he knows will be able to build around him. He'd likely have Rajon Rondo as well, since the trade package would probably include the Big 3. The Magic have reportedly been looking for veteran players who can help them win now instead of younger players. If they want old guys, Boston's got them.

(Side note: Please try and imagine Rajon Rondo's surliness next to Dwight Howard's effusive jolliness. Unintentionally funniest duo ever.)

But Howard hasn't been all about winning. He's not targeting Chicago, which gives him the best chance to win a title. He clearly wants the money and fame that comes with Los Angeles or New York. If winning is what matters, you don't put the Nets at the top, no matter how good Deron Williams is. The Celtics are a long shot, but Howard would listen to the offer. From there it would come down to Danny Ainge and if he could pull off the sales job of his life.

Back to top Go down

HUMMMMMMMM.....HOWARD TO CELTICS.............GETTING WARMER! Empty Re: HUMMMMMMMM.....HOWARD TO CELTICS.............GETTING WARMER!

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:24 pm

Other than wanting to also be in the middle of a media circus, I dont see how LA or NY are any better than Boston in terms of building blocks.

Kobe has got 2 or 3 years left, tops. Gasol is on the downswing. Same with Artest and the rest of the team is not very exciting. The only person worth buuilding around is Bynum, who Howard would be replacing.

NY is a mess. Amare and Mello are both selfish players that have never won a thing. They have no PG to feed Dwight and a lousy coach.

I think Boston is MUCH higher on the list than Howard is letting on about.

Rondo, Bass, Bradley, Moore, Pietrus, Pierce - with Ray Allen as the 6th man and maybe even KG at a reduced rate. Add to that Jeff Green - and Yeah, Boston looks like a very attractive place.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

HUMMMMMMMM.....HOWARD TO CELTICS.............GETTING WARMER! Empty Re: HUMMMMMMMM.....HOWARD TO CELTICS.............GETTING WARMER!

Post by beat Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:30 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Other than wanting to also be in the middle of a media circus, I dont see how LA or NY are any better than Boston in terms of building blocks.

Kobe has got 2 or 3 years left, tops. Gasol is on the downswing. Same with Artest and the rest of the team is not very exciting. The only person worth buuilding around is Bynum, who Howard would be replacing.

NY is a mess. Amare and Mello are both selfish players that have never won a thing. They have no PG to feed Dwight and a lousy coach.

I think Boston is MUCH higher on the list than Howard is letting on about.

Rondo, Bass, Bradley, Moore, Pietrus, Pierce - with Ray Allen as the 6th man and maybe even KG at a reduced rate. Add to that Jeff Green - and Yeah, Boston looks like a very attractive place.

Mrkleen

Given the players you list, what sort of money even then could be offered to DH?
And would DH play here at somewhat of a reduced rate with the players you list?
If as he says it's not all about the money it's about winning.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Good question Beat.

It is not about the money, is the most overused quote in sports. We will see what he has to say about that when the time comes.

Just dont get why LA or NY is the default. They dont have drastically better situations to Boston - and playing with Rondo vs. Steve Blake or Tony Dogulas has to weigh into his decision.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:22 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Good question Beat.

It is not about the money, is the most overused quote in sports. We will see what he has to say about that when the time comes.

Just dont get why LA or NY is the default. They dont have drastically better situations to Boston - and playing with Rondo vs. Steve Blake or Tony Dogulas has to weigh into his decision.

mrkleen,

Don't underestimate the value egotistical, self-centered athletes place upon Hollywood and Madison Avenue. Howard will make as much or more on endorsements emanating out of those two media hubs (and LARGE population centers) than he will from his paycheck. Dwight Howard might have the final say, but TEAM Howard will be presenting the options to him, supplemented by pitches made by the LA Lakers/Clippers and the NY Knicks...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Totally agree.

Many people claim to care about winning - we need look no further than people like James Posey, David West, any slew of free agents in the past 4 years who have decided to go play for Detroit or Cleveland vs. the Celtics to know that is NOT the case.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Dwight shouldn't have to play for any team at a reduced rate.
He is by far the best center in the league.
He is also a very marketable player.
I could understand why he might want to play for a team in a large market.
He also wants to play for a team that has a chance at the championship.
Keeping Boston out of the discussion for now because Dwight hasn't officially added them to his list of teams he wants to play for, I could see why he would want to play for LA for the next 3 years because they are contenders with him and Kobe and maybe Gasol. I find it hard to believe that Dwight thinks that NJ can win the championship in the next few years. Dallas could still be contenders with him and Dirk but they are not in a huge market.

Some free agents have to go to a Detroit or Milwaukee because they can make millions more going to one of these teams then signing for the veterans minimum for a contending team.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:34 pm

tjmakz wrote: Some free agents have to go to a Detroit or Milwaukee because they can make millions more going to one of these teams then signing for the veterans minimum for a contending team.

David West and James Posey would have gotten much more than the veterans minimum to sign in Boston.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:42 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
tjmakz wrote: Some free agents have to go to a Detroit or Milwaukee because they can make millions more going to one of these teams then signing for the veterans minimum for a contending team.

David West and James Posey would have gotten much more than the veterans minimum to sign in Boston.

Yes they would have.
I am sure those two were motivated by money.
As was Shannon Brown leaving LA for Phoenix.
I don't think any of us can say that we would have made a different decision then they did, because if you are not a LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Howard, you need to make the most you can in the time you are in the league.

Also, David West might feel that the 2012 Pacers have a better chance at a championship then the Celtics do.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Howard ripped his team for their lack of effort in the Celtic game and in their loss Friday to the Hornets.

"I look at guys and they don't look like they want to play," Howard said following the lopsided loss. "I told them at halftime, 'If you don't want to play, just stay in the locker room, because it don't make sense for a team who we should beat to just demolish us.' "

If you want to see effort, why not come to a championship team that showed you the effort, Dwight?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Can anyone think of a plausible reason why Howard wouldn't demand to be traded by the deadline? The team seems to be wiping the smile off his face with their combination of ineptitude and nonchalance. For that matter, how much longer will Stout Stan Van Gundy stick around in preference to moving to Ybor City and opening a cigar shop?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Sam,

Stan Van will be doing Rogiane commercials before he opens that cigar store! (lol) If he opens a cigar store in Cleveland during baseball season, could he pass for a Cigar Store Indian? (LOL)

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down