REPORT: HEAT, CLIPPERS FRONT-RUNNERS FOR ALLEN

4 posters

Go down

REPORT: HEAT, CLIPPERS FRONT-RUNNERS FOR ALLEN Empty REPORT: HEAT, CLIPPERS FRONT-RUNNERS FOR ALLEN

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 pm

WEEI

Citing a “source very close with [Ray] Allen’s situation” ESPN New York’s Jared Zwerling reports that if Allen does not re-sign with the Celtics, the Heat and the Clippers are the most likely destinations for the five-time All-Star. The report explains that part of the reasoning stems from the fact the Heat and Clippers are the top teams able to offer more than the veteran’s minimum of $1.4 million.

Also noted is that if Allen should stay in Boston, he will likely cede his starting role to Avery Bradley and come off of the bench. In Miami, Allen would also come off the bench behind Dwyane Wade. In Los Angeles, however, Allen projects to start ahead of Randy Foye, assuming Allen is able to make a full recovery from offseason ankle surgery. The Clippers can also offer Allen the most money.

Back to top Go down

REPORT: HEAT, CLIPPERS FRONT-RUNNERS FOR ALLEN Empty Re: REPORT: HEAT, CLIPPERS FRONT-RUNNERS FOR ALLEN

Post by dboss Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 pm

$1.4 mill seems like short money. I am certain Boston can also beat
that if in fact they really want Ray back next year.

It is still quite possible that the band could be back for one more tour but the featured players may be in different roles. If Ray were to sign with the Clippers because he still wants to start let him walk.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

REPORT: HEAT, CLIPPERS FRONT-RUNNERS FOR ALLEN Empty Re: REPORT: HEAT, CLIPPERS FRONT-RUNNERS FOR ALLEN

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Interesting choices. Miami has long been rumored to be Ray's next stop.

Pure speculation, but if I'm Ray I am in no way sitting behind Bradley.

Throw his diabetic child into the mix, and you have two cities with excellent medical infrastructure to pick from. Both have warm climates.

If I want a ring I go to Miami, but have to come off the bench. If I want to cash in, so I can even further care for my family, I look at LA.

Ray is not only selfless in his play, but with his mindset toward his family.

Go west, still (anywhere but pro sports) young man; go west.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:22 am

I would have thought Chicago would be a possible destination. Ray knows Thibs, he could start (they release Rip), possible contender.

But, Rose is out for a year, plus. The Bulls are in serious wait mode, supposedly dumping Deng and Noah.

I guess Chicago took themselves out of the equation.

IMO, Ray's best option, money and playing time, is still in Boston. He just has to realize it is time to come off the bench. There was a time last season where that worked to perfection. Ray got his minutes and his shots, then his ankle started acting up even more, Bradley had shoulder issues, etc. and the process fell apart.

Go Ray!! (I mean . . . Stay Ray!!!)

Go Celtics!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down