bobc33
pete
Matty
Sam
11 posters

Go down

The Latest from Greenkiller Empty The Latest from Greenkiller

Post by Sam Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Remember Greenkiller from BDC? He's the former antagonist who felt so transformed about the time of Jeb's passing that he sent several messages conveying best wishes to the board. Following is his latest message, which I received recently.

Sam

Hi Sam.

I go to samcelt.forumotion.net every day a few times a day. I knew I had read something about Reggie's cause of death when it happened so I started looking because I knew I had read exactly what you had said about it. I'm glad to hear everyone on the board is doing great. Was praying for Rosalie when she was hospitalized and read the conversations you had with her husband during her hospitalization it was nice to keep everyone posted including me.. You and the board got to be very proud of what the Celtics did last season, that was all heart, passion and great coaching. After all they had to go through with injuries they were just one Avery Bradley away from being in the finals. I could only wish Bynum and Gasol played with half the passion KG plays day in and day out. I like the Nash signing because of how he makes everyone better and will get the ball to everyone where they will be more successful. I believe Gasol will be the most benefited by Nash. We will see the Gasol of the past. I don't post much in BDC just go there once or twice a week. I just get into it with Fiercest34 because he reminds me of the old GreenKiller lol!!! I stay more on the Lakers forums. I love your site and thought about subscribing a few months ago but don't think I'm ready to be too civil and convivial (that word again like you say lol) with a couple of the members. Since it's a Celtics board I would have to bite my tongue in a lot of occasions and I don't think I am ready for that yet. Jeb had great impact on the way I post in forums, I say I have changed 95% that other 5% I am sill working on. I wouldn't want to be the discordant note in such a great board of civil, convivial and camaraderie. Maybe one day I will be ready to join the board and be part of the great fellowship you all have. Take care now and God bless you, the board members and your awesome forum. Good luck to the Celtics next season.

PS: sorry for my spelling but English is my second language.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The Latest from Greenkiller Empty Re: The Latest from Greenkiller

Post by Matty Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Its interesting how a person continues to live on, even after their gone...

i never did post my picture i shot in Jebs memory down at the bottom of the grand canyon last year..

Jeb sure had an impact on a lot of folks..

someday i hope ol greenkiller feels like joing that group on here who, while not one of us, is one of us....
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Matty wrote:Its interesting how a person continues to live on, even after their gone...

i never did post my picture i shot in Jebs memory down at the bottom of the grand canyon last year..

Jeb sure had an impact on a lot of folks..

someday i hope ol greenkiller feels like joing that group on here who, while not one of us, is one of us....

Matty, I second the motion!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Besides the present day Sam's Forum members who were on BDC, Greenkiller was my favorite poster on BDC and he never got under my skin, though I am one who is not aurgumentative in the least nor takes offense easily.

I thought his use of pictures and avatars was absolutely brilliant and I would welcome him here. (Though of course I don't have to moderate.....)

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Sam

Thanks for sharing.

I would not have a problem with him coming onboard.

But if he does perhaps he should amend his name to....formally known as GK. It seems apparent that he choose the handle as an antagonistic challenge to Celtics fan.

If he has been visiting the board that means that he is lurking...lol

Maybe he should consider becoming a Celtics fan. Stop lurking. Come out of the darkness for a bit of enlightenment.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Greenie,

Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

Let us know when the day comes that you feel ready.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Fock him!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:04 am

dboss,

We frequently have a lot of "lurkers." At one point this afternoon, I looked and found that there were 15 people logged in—six members and nine visitors. That's not an uncommon ratio. I wish more of the visitors would become members, especially since paying became optional.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:17 am

Greenie's transformation makes me want to sing a song like War's, "Why Can;'t We Be Friends", or the 1985 collaboration, "We Are The World." Then I remember how terrible my voice sounds carrying a tune whicH I seem to consistently drop. (LOL)

MD!

Last edited by MDCelticsFan on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add a letter)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:59 am

I felt I had an interesting relationship with greenkiller (or was it greenkiller1, greenkiller2, greenkiller1004, etc.). I deplored his clear attempts to start a fight just to fight but he was at least a little reasonable, which is more than could be said for many of the other Laker trolls on that site. In fact, that's more than could be said for some of the Celtic fans on that site. I think we could even think of a Celtic fan from BDC who joined here briefly who also liked to start fights just to start fights. He is no longer a member here. Greenkiller's english, which he frequently apologizes for, never bothered me because I knew it was his 2nd or 3rd language and he was trying his best.

He recognizes that, for the most part, we have established an oasis of positive feelings here which we jealously guard. If he doesn't think he could hack it here, then it's better that he's not here and I appreciate his desire to not be the one who ruins it. If he continues on the path towards peaceful coexistence he says he's on then perhaps one day he could be one of us (I'm not talking about a Celtic fan, but a Sam's Celtic Board member). The few, the proud, the convivial.

I have a good friend, a die-hard Laker fan, who told me last night that after watching the HBO special on Magic and Bird, he didn't hate the Celtics much anymore. That didn't lessen his love of his Lakers, it just helped him put it in perspective. Perhaps Greenkiller should seek out that movie and watch it. Maybe we all should.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:30 am

quote="bobheckler"] The few, the proud, the convivial.
.[/quote]

i luv this, although that convivial word is a bit bigger than what my vaocabulary generally allows, ive made a promise to myself to someday look up the exact meaning..

but i like being one of thse people, its a nice group to be a part of..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:43 am

Sam-I was touched that Greenkiller even remembered me and cared enough to mention me in his post. Just mentioning Jeb brings tears to my eyes, we had become such great on line friends and I miss him terribly.

Bob is right, we have built a positive feeling about each other which we all see to guard closely. Everyone does coexist here, different thoughts and all.
It is so obvious that MOST of us are die hard Celtic fans, but, if there is someone out there who follows another team, most of us are very respectful of them.

Thanks for the thoughts, Greenkiller. GO CELTICS!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Bob, I agree with Matty. One of the best lines ever!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Sam,
Pass on my regards to my great friend, GK. (Just can't find a way to type the full name lol)
Let him know that if I can change, a little, then he will do fine here. Seems I remember offering him a chance to be a fan of the greatest team in basketball history, but mebbe that was someone else.
Oh, maybe I didn't really change that much since it's less than 190 posts. lol
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Greenkiller just responded, mainly to say hello to Cowens. Says he understands Cow's remark about him and thinks Cow is a great Celtics fan. He asked me to pass that on, so that's what I'm doing.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:48 pm

If I was still a real hoops player, I'd wish he'd come into the lane.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down