Why Jason Terry/Courtney Lee is an upgrade over Ray Allen

3 posters

Go down

Why Jason Terry/Courtney Lee is an upgrade over Ray Allen Empty Why Jason Terry/Courtney Lee is an upgrade over Ray Allen

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:00 pm

This is from Bleacher Report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1296246-breaking-down-why-jason-terry-courtney-lee-is-an-upgrade-over-ray-allen

As far as clutch shooting goes, Lee's 3pt fg% is the same as Ray Allens's (50%). Terry's is less, 39.1%, but his overall fg% is better than either Ray or Lee's. Clutch free throw shooting? Lee's is a smidge better than Ray's (88% vs 87%)and Terry's is better (93%!). In fact, if you look at Lee's stats vs Ray's, they're pretty close. Comparable % of their shots were assisted (meaning they didn't create their own shot), comparable 3pt fg%, comparable ft%, comparable fg%. Some differences are that Ray is a much better rebounder than Lee, but Lee has more assists and much fewer turnovers. These stats are all for clutch (defined as " 4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points") and are /48minutes of clutch time play.

To find these 3 players, look down the highlighted 3pt fg% column until you get to .500 and you'll find Ray and Lee in that crowd and go down to .391 to find Terry. These are sortable, so if you want to look at these players based upon other criteria, such as "assisted fgm" you can click on the header for that stat and it'll sort it for you.

I'm liking that Lee's assisted fg% is high while Terry's is low. It would be a bad combo if both had high % because then we'd need a player on the floor to feed them both. I also like that Lee has more assists than either Ray or Terry, he could play some point on that unit.

http://www.82games.com/1112/CSORT8.HTM

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Why Jason Terry/Courtney Lee is an upgrade over Ray Allen Empty Re: Why Jason Terry/Courtney Lee is an upgrade over Ray Allen

Post by sinus007 Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Bob,
I think one of the major reasons why JT/CL is an upgrade over RA is their defensive capabilities.
Of course, I'm going by general rumors/opinion. I haven't watched them much and have no clue how they'll mesh with the rest of the team.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Why Jason Terry/Courtney Lee is an upgrade over Ray Allen Empty Re: Why Jason Terry/Courtney Lee is an upgrade over Ray Allen

Post by tjmakz Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:24 pm

sinus007 wrote:Bob,
I think one of the major reasons why JT/CL is an upgrade over RA is their defensive capabilities.
Of course, I'm going by general rumors/opinion. I haven't watched them much and have no clue how they'll mesh with the rest of the team.

AK

Both Terry and Lee are also significantly better ball handlers then Ray was.
In recent years Ray's ball handling seemed to take a step backwards.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down