Courtney Lee and Tony Allen help Memphis win it.

5 posters

Go down

Courtney Lee and Tony Allen help Memphis win it. Empty Courtney Lee and Tony Allen help Memphis win it.

Post by worcester Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Such a pleasure to watch former Celtics doing well.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Courtney Lee and Tony Allen help Memphis win it. Empty Re: Courtney Lee and Tony Allen help Memphis win it.

Post by worcester Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:05 pm

OOPS! Spoke way to soon. Tony Allen just made another really stupid move. Really dumb foul. Second really dumb foul of his in the closing minutes, but Memphis still beat OKC.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Courtney Lee and Tony Allen help Memphis win it. Empty Re: Courtney Lee and Tony Allen help Memphis win it.

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:19 pm

The Hound Dog is still doing it!!!! he gave Westbrook and Durant all they could handle and defended them as well as humanly possible. Right now TA is as big a reason as anybody that his team is up 2-1 in a series that many thought was gonna be a Thunder sweep.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:30 pm

Yes, he played superior D except when he was TOO aggressive and made foolish fouls. Still, I'd love to see him in green.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:37 pm

I was so pissed when he left.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:13 am

REALLY dumb foul by Tony with 2.4 seconds left.  REALLY dumb, but that was the story of his career here, wasn't it?  Great talent but not the brightest bulb (and he dribbled WAY too high too).  Before that, though, he played outstanding defense on Westbrook and made him take that off-balance 3pt buzzer beater.  The yin yang of Tony Allen. He giveth but he also taketh away.

Courtney did his thing.  He played smart, he was always in the right place at the right time.  Gasol saved a missed shot from going out of bounds and Lee, who had defended the shot out high, smartly scooted down to the baseline in time for Gasol to have someone to throw the ball to before he went out of bounds and Lee immediately passed the ball to someone on top so he wouldn't get trapped baseline.  Also the story of Courtney Lee.  He wasn't the guy who you should count on busting the game open for you, but he wasn't going to make mistakes that lost it for you either.  Minimal unforced errors from Courtney. Always in the right place at the right time doing the right thing, and that's what basketball is all about.  Execution.

2-1 Memphis and OKC's back is to the wall.  If OKC loses, in the first round, I picture Danny circling, waiting for them to die so he can pick over the choice parts.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:26 am

Bob

Seems it is a matter of HUNGREY vs Complacency.

Memphis just seems to want it more. Does anyone want to play a little defense on Randolph? Guy is just relentless for an overweight, no jump power forward. And at 33 he's not getting faster. Look out, Freight train commin thru.

They had a stat last evening where if Westbrook takes 20 or more shots OKC's record is way below .500 if he takes less than 20 they win much more often. Not sure of the exact stats cause I was too lazy to find something to write with.

Sounds like someone we know out west.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:49 am

beat wrote:Bob

Seems it is a matter of HUNGREY vs Complacency.

Memphis just seems to want it more. Does anyone want to play a little defense on Randolph? Guy is just relentless for an overweight, no jump power forward. And at 33 he's not getting faster. Look out, Freight train commin thru.

They had a stat last evening where if Westbrook takes 20 or more shots OKC's record is way below .500 if he takes less than 20 they win much more often. Not sure of the exact stats cause I was too lazy to find something to write with.

Sounds like someone we know out west.

beat

beat,

Randolph has always been a slow, fat under-the-rim player and I can't see where it has hurt him much. If Sully can't be Kevin Love, I'd be thrilled if he becomes Zach Randolph. He just has the knack...

Russell Westbrook is clearly, unquestionably a shoot-first PG. In fact, really, OKC has no starting PG, they have two SG but one of them, Sefolosha, doesn't shoot much. That's ok because Westbrook shoots enough for both of them. 13 assists for OKC last night, total. That's Me-ball.

I shudder to think what would happen to them if Durant went down for any amount of time.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:51 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:The Hound Dog is still doing it!!!! he gave Westbrook and Durant all they could handle and defended them as well as humanly possible. Right now TA is as big a reason as anybody that his team is up 2-1 in a series that many thought was gonna be a Thunder sweep.

btw, Cow, your brother by a different mother (and probably father too), Perk, did a great job of contesting a shot and securing the rebound and IMMEDIATELY calling timeout. Very heady play by Perk, total clock-awareness.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:53 pm

Nice to see former Celtics doing well.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down