ESPN predicts Boston ends up 10 games behind Heat

5 posters

Go down

ESPN predicts Boston ends up 10 games behind Heat Empty ESPN predicts Boston ends up 10 games behind Heat

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:01 am

Bulletin board material for Doc.

http://redsarmy.com/2012/08/21/espn-has-the-celtics-10-games-behind-miami/

At the bottom the blog's author tries to remind us that Miami was 7 games better than us last season. Yeah, but if my memory serves me right we were a game or so away from second place in the EC behind Miami and Indy, when we lost a game against Miami and Indy (I have brutal memories from that game of Hansbrough and Hibbert weak-side offensive rebounding us to death. This was the trip where we played Chicago and then Indy. I think Deng had a huge game in that game) putting us 2 back or so, Doc started managing minutes more carefully, playing the bench deeper and that cost us games (but who cares, once we were locked into our playoff seeding?). Stats are more revealing, the more data points you have, but if you only take the 50,000 foot birds-eye view of them you run the risk of missing key events that re-direct the flow. We were having a great second half of the season until Doc decided to change how many bench players played and for how many minutes. Then, understandably, our W-L record faltered. Surprise, surprise. They also forget how lousy our first half of the season was because a lot of our players came into an abbreviated camp/pre-season out of shape due to the lockout. That won't happen this season because there is NO uncertainty when the bell will go off.

Repeating as champions is probably the hardest thing to do in sports. That's what makes the Russell and Jordan Dynasties so amazing. Coming close, but coming up just short, makes teams try harder to add that last little bit they lacked the previous year. The LeBum whores at ESPN don't take that into account. They just say "Champions plus Allen and Lewis = More wins". One ESPN buffoon said that the Heat won 58 games without chemistry, and then in the next breath talks about them winning even more because they added a bunch of new players. Talk about "sailing across your own wake". I expect both Boston and OKC to play with ferocity this coming season. They both have something to prove, Miami doesn't.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

ESPN predicts Boston ends up 10 games behind Heat Empty Re: ESPN predicts Boston ends up 10 games behind Heat

Post by Sam Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Bob,

It's at least the 30th season in which I've heard and read the same old anti-Celtics garbage. It all goes into my personal compost as I sing the same old song, "See Me in April." This kind of nonsense simply proves that not all the tools are in the toolbox.

What do you say you and I form a "tag team" and challenge two of these human vapor locks to a no-holds-barred debate about............... virtually anything?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

ESPN predicts Boston ends up 10 games behind Heat Empty Re: ESPN predicts Boston ends up 10 games behind Heat

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:07 pm

sam wrote:Bob,

It's at least the 30th season in which I've heard and read the same old anti-Celtics garbage. It all goes into my personal compost as I sing the same old song, "See Me in April." This kind of nonsense simply proves that not all the tools are in the toolbox.

What do you say you and I form a "tag team" and challenge two of these human vapor locks to a no-holds-barred debate about............... virtually anything?

Sam

sam,

Not a fair fight. To level the playing field we'd both have to be mute, and then we'd still win on their unforced turnovers.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Sam and Bob--That debate between you two and the airheads on ESPN is just not a fair fight! You guys will have to sit and listen to those fools, keeping your mouths shut while they bore the world with their LeBron/Miami love fest. Then, all of a sudden they won't know what hit them when you two take over. My only wonder is: Is ESPN going to go to LA and renew their slobbering over Kobe and Dwight???? Will they dare to jump the Miami boat and go to LA????

They don't have a chance with either of you, the basketball knowledge you two have in one hand is more than they have in their entire empty heads.

But.....if you want to embarrass them, more power to you both!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:33 pm

sam wrote:Bob,

Sam

Sam,
To be fair you changed lyrics of that old song: before it was "may", now it's "april". But have to give you the credit - tune is unchanged.

On the serious note. Please don't insult your and Bob's intelligence. 90% of those "experts" are just people who can compose sentences, compile them into a story, count number of words (to be within parameters given by the editor), declare themselves basketball/NBA experts and get paid good money, but they have very vague idea about the game of basketball at best, at worst they have no clue what they talking about. They're on par with meteorologists (sorry, I didn't mean to insult meteorologists).

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:36 pm

2 words

who cares?

and 2 more..

Around here?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Sinus,

Actually, April was my regular season benchmark; then, when there was growing controversy over how far they could go in the playoffs, I substituted May. Now I'm back in regular season mode.

I regard so many of those media twits as quasi-morons who keep beating the same old drum, ignoring the brickbats when they're once again wrong, making the same mistake again, and hoping for that day when the Law of Averages will FINALLY shine favorably upon them by validating their absurdities for once so they can crow.

Most of them don't "get" the Celtics. They don't understand that much of what makes the Celtics tick is different from what makes most other teams tick. They talk about operating as a family and chemistry as though they're uttering mantras while sleep-walking, but they don't really internalize that stuff or comprehend the reality of how it works. The concept of discontinuity isn't at all sexy, and it's probably too cerebral for them, so they ignore it in their zeal to titillate. Their stream of "consciousness" (the quotes are deliberate) lives and dies by the star system and the glitz. In my eyes, they have all the credibility of a six-year-old trying to direct traffic with a cereal box tin star affixed to his chest.

Long ago, I learned to trust my own instincts with regard to thinking about the Celtics. If reason seems ineffective in convincing people I think are being misled by members of the media, I simply dismiss the whole situation with the words, "See me in (pick a month)."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down